Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

18 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

My thoughts go out to Brentford super fans Danny Gabbidon & Jacqui Oatley in this trying time. 

For the first 30 minutes I had no commentary. I felt we were dealing with Brentford quite well, and I certainly wasn't worried. I'm glad Jacqi Oatley and Danny Gabbidon drew my attention to the fact that we were shit, and that Brentford were great :whistle: 

• Haha 2

The trip to Moscow was about the equivalent of a coach from London to Leeds, but much more comfy. Im not sure how much people expect that to have taken out of us lol

Better than the Palace performance but still miles away from where we should be. 

Losing count of the amount of times Youri has bailed out our awful performances. Good luck to the man wherever he ends up next. He deserves better

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Brentford bubble might have burst. 3 loses on the bounce and the relentless nature of the Premier League may be catching up with them. It's only going to get harder for them. 

Two the beat West Ham the game before losing to Chelsea

To be fair they have played 3 of last years top 6 in the last 3 games us, West Ham and Chelsea. Beat West Ham and ran us and Chelsea close.

Plucky performance from Brentford but the in match plaudits were well over the top.

Felt they got away with some dirty play that would normally get more punishment from a competent referee. 
We were the better side in the second half and Daka certainly made a difference. He stretched them and ran the channels which forced them to play a bit deeper.

Nice to be looking up the table rather than over our shoulders.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

My thoughts go out to Brentford super fans Danny Gabbidon & Jacqui Oatley in this trying time. 

The writing was on the wall when Gabbidon was claiming a penalty for the Schmeichel punch in the 1st minute. After that it was as biased as you could imagine. It’s definitely a good news story for Brentford that they are in the prem. You can perhaps understand why commentators are loving them but if you strip away the fairytale story, they are actually a very physical side that love a long ball, long throw and generally putting it in the mixer. A modern day Wimbledon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1