Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 2022/23

Anyone watching Ukraine vs Scotland?

Ref gives a penalty. He overturns it after looking at the monitor. Correct decision to overturn it. The ball initially went out for a corner for Scotland. But the ref gives a dropball for Ukraine.

How does that even work? And how is that the stipulation or the rule on how to continue the game? Scotland miss out on an attacking opportunity because the referee got the decision wrong?

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone watching Ukraine vs Scotland?

Ref gives a penalty. He overturns it after looking at the monitor. Correct decision to overturn it. The ball initially went out for a corner for Scotland. But the ref gives a dropball for Ukraine.

How does that even work? And how is that the stipulation or the rule on how to continue the game? Scotland miss out on an attacking opportunity because the referee got the decision wrong?

I was very confused by it. It was such a bad decision to give the penalty initially too!

All I can think is that he gives the penalty before it goes out of play, and with the Ukraine player having blocked the ball it was technically in their possession?

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

I was very confused by it. It was such a bad decision to give the penalty initially too!

All I can think is that he gives the penalty before it goes out of play, and with the Ukraine player having blocked the ball it was technically in their possession?

Yeah, I can only think he was blocked by the Ukraine player to give that decision. 

Guess you're right with the 2nd bit. Perhaps something that needs looking at for future! 

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve noticed there’s a new generation of African Irish players, mainly under 23.

Obafemi, Bazunu, Ogbene, Omobamiedle, Ebosele etc

Is there a relatively new(ish) Nigerian community in Ireland? I’ve probably worded that clumsily, I just found it interesting. 

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0708/1152059-young-black-and-irish-the-generation-ready-to-rise/

Bit of a fluff piece - but appears to be Nigerians moving to Ireland in the 90s

• Thanks 1

Australian Cup Final about to kick off - Sydney United an amateur team from the NSW Premier League against A league MacArthur. 
Sydney United appear to have the bigger support - MacArtthur being a newly formed franchise team, whilst United have a long history in the old NSL.

Dwight Yorke is managing MacArthur.