Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Rodgers In/Out  

536 members have voted

  1. 1. Rodgers In/Out



Recommended Posts

Posted

i won’t lie, I don’t trust the judgement of anyone on here that didn’t even question him leaving about 8 months ago 

 

The signs have been on the wall for an age that he’s been taking us backwards. 

  • Like 3
Posted
Just now, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.


The FA Cup is history same as the league title and we sacked Ranieri all that credit that Rodgers has had has dissipated into the air. He needs to get sacked
 

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

 Have you still got that Velociraptor spit in your eyes Dennis or what

  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

if i ignored every other thing that’s gone on with our club recently and just decided in or out on this game, it wouldn’t be the play, it wouldn’t be the result it would be the fact that he’s openly acknowledged we can only play our best system with barnes and he’s played him for 90 mins after a bad injury… almost hoping he’ll get injured to add to the pity party. Who does that after the injury crisis we’ve had the last 3 years. 

 

then there’s the fact he gave captaincy to a bloke begging to get out of here, who couldn’t be playing further away from a leader. 

 

 

This isn’t a blip of bad results, just like claudio it’s a club on the fall. 

Edited by Lambert09
Posted
3 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

He deserves absolutely nothing more from us. He’s taking the club back into the dirge and he needs the bin as soon as possible. Anyone who truly loves this club MUST see this. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

We aren't just accounting for the 4 games this season though are we....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

See you in 2 weeks

  • Haha 3
Posted
4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

We were disgusting for 6 months before the FA Cup final and for a year afterwards. That's a whole lot of credit for one win in 18 months of absolute shite.

 

When you've lost the dressing room and you've been rubbish for 18 months, literally anybody coming in could change things for the better. We won't attract a world class manager but then Brendan Rodgers is absolutely nowhere near world class or even top tier Premier League class and never had been. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Posted
7 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

You’re a very patient man I will give you that

Posted
8 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state?

We don't need to - a manager who is capable of having a more positive impact on the squad and the club as a whole than Rodgers is currently having will suffice. I cannot imagine there is a shortage of such managers.

  • Like 1
Posted
13 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Kun Top has no balls to soft, unlike his father who sacked Claudio after title wining season

What kind of moron do you have to be to make such a comment

  • Like 1
Posted
24 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Right, so I've voted in.

 

I'm nearly at the stage where I'd pull the trigger, but not quite yet. 

 

Yes, I hate the sideways possession based game plans with very little to get excited about.

 

However I feel that as the manager to bring home the FA Cup, he deserves more time. We're only 3 games in after all.

 

Also, cliché question I know, but can we really attract a better manager than BR in our current state? No European football, no money... 

 

Ask me again when Chelsea spank us.

 

Almost any semi-competent manager would be better at the moment. It's clear that Rodgers has no intention of changing his approach to matches, and alongside this, the squad isn't changing.

 

Something has to change otherwise we will be dragged into a relegation battle.

 

If the board won't back Rodgers, and it looks like they haven't, he has to go.

 

It's basically a game of chicken now between the club and Rodgers - who blinks first and loses out on £10m\year

  • Like 2
Posted

I voted out.

 

I fully appreciate what he's done in the past for the club but it is firmly in the past.

 

He's a very good manager but it's no longer working and he wants out, continuing this situation is crazy.

 

There's no point in us looking back at some of that brilliant football from two years ago and thinking it will somehow magically return, it's over, this isn't bad form.

 

The players are fed up and are queueing to leave. The recruitment seemingly ruined by his stealth takeover.

 

We may get worse before we get better, but we can't have a manager here that at every opportunity is passive aggressively doing down the club and it's supporters.

 

Odds on we'll now get something at Chelsea and beat Man U😖🤣

 

 

Posted

Rodgers done a fantastic job in building foxes, turning us back into challenging top six club with a couple of trophies in the cabinet for him to look back and say "yeah I did great there" problem is every since we won the fa cup everything slowly began to get sour. He dug himself into a whole and it's just getting deeper and deeper. At the moment I don't see him having the backing from the players, all of them look bored and disinterested. Shake up is needed, we need someone to come in. Set some new rules, new targets and new standards. Money wise... we know there's none. However with the squad we have got there's enough talent there to at least finish top ten. Looking at replacement mentioned, Potter ideal but I don't see him really being that eager to leave a good Brighton team to join a Leicester side with at the moment limited means. Poch is keen to return to the Premier League, year or so a go he probably he would have been tempted but again no money... I think he'd wait until another job comes up with a bit more cash.. possibly Villa if Gerrard continues to struggle. Dyche nice guy but it would feel like that would be dropping down a level, he's more of survival manager. 

 

Posted (edited)

What about the boardroom staff? Who strangely can't even sell or buy players.  Some of the reason we are where we are is due to their lack of pre planning complete mess they've left this summer

Edited by HarryDee8
Posted

So far this season we have played 4 games of competitive football and as of yet we are still waiting to register a win within the regulation 90 minutes despite our opponents including - 

 

Mid table Brentford at home and leading 2-0 after an hour of the game only to cling on for a draw 

 

Relegation candidates Southampton at home and leading 1-0 after an hour only to lose 2-1 

 

League 2 Stockport, who last season were playing in the National League, where we managed to draw 0-0 and sneak through on penalties. 
 

The start of our season, Arsenal aside gave us a real opportunity to get off to a flying start and register 3 decent results out of 4 and give us some decent momentum, our first 2 home league games against sides we beat at home i the last few weeks of the season, instead we have managed to draw twice and lose twice. Scoring 5 goals and conceding 8 on the way.

 

The facts are there for all to see, we are scoring 1.25 goals per game but conceding 2 goals per game, 3 of which have been against far from elite opposition. The warning signs are there and the longer this is allowed to go on the higher the risk that our season becomes one of struggle and a genuine chance of relegation. 
 

Last night is the final straw for me, you can put last 2 results, defeat and a draw in 90 minutes against opposition we should be beating comfortably, in both games we have had ridiculous possession stats but that means nothing if you are serving up a brand of football that is impotent. 
 

For me Rodgers has to go and today would not be quickly enough and give the the club the chance to bring someone in to give what is a talented squad a shot in the arm and freshen up what seems to have become such a stale environment. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Okay, let’s address a few things. 
 

Firstly I’m out, I have been for quite some  time as I think his tenure should ended half way through last season, however I get the reason by others on FA Cup win? Good will in the bag, player injuries etc
 

However…..

 

Transfers In / Out

Brendan doesn’t soley buy the players himself. He’s the first team Manager, will be amongst a group of people that operates to get this done. He’ll speak to potential incomings and be one of a few people that “green lights” then. We can’t hang all of the signing and wages on Brendan, because in fairness, he didn’t saddle us with the financial restrictions we’re in. 
 

Tactics / game plan

I can see what he’s trying to do, however we just don’t have the calibre of player to do it. Ball retention is great, if you can also be aggressive and control a game. Ultimately we don’t have the squad of players to do that. You can easily predict where the ball is going. As an opposing coach, you could setup when to press us to cause mistakes. He’s not adaptable in the slightest. With the people at his disposal, a great coach adapts and doesn’t put square pegs in round holes. Why on Earth anyone would ask Vestergaard to play in a high line, or NDidi to try and play aggressive passive, is beyond me. Ultimately Youri try’s to play like this but is limited on who to pass to, due to lack of options as no one moves to generate space, so gives the ball away (I can’t forgive the missed 5 meter passes though).
 

Player selection

The fall from grace of Soyuncu is bonkers. Then we play Amartey, who is about as comfortable on the ball as I am holding a hot potato. What’s with Praet; who is a player I don’t rate as highly as many on here, however he’s basically just been dumped. Perez has half decent movement, technique, pressing and worked well within our system, dispute being frustrating at times.

 

Substitutions / In Game Management

This is now a running joke. Not brave enough to alter personnel or shape despite us capitulating. 

 

Firstly, we’ve got a decent squad of players, despite what is peddled out to us every week. I feel like we’re trying to use a screwdriver at times, Instead of a hammer to knock a nail into some wood. 
 

We also have a crop of half decent youth players, that are going to need game time. Every Premier League game we get 5 subs, in 3 windows. He needs to use them. 

 

In management of set pieces is a total disgrace and should have been dealt with last season. It’s an obvious weakness but simple things could have dealt with it, like simply blocking runners, people on posts to narrow the goal etc
 

Other
 

You know what, I don’t expect him to know the answers himself to all

of these. He however should have a core of a team that should. 
 

Tactics Coach - I believe our previous one left during Brendan’s time here? Has this coincided with our slide? 
 

Set pieces coach - Why on Earth has it taken so long and then why did we select someone who we could get a documentation to work in the country. If we insisted, we didn’t we also employ a stand-in to cover in a temporary basis. 

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...