Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Van de Beek

Gotta love an armchair manager, he would be perfect as a Youri replacement and for only £13m 

And what is it with the Braybrooke and Alves love in, they are miles away from making a Premiership starting line up & neither of these will be held up by replacing Youri with another player for another 2 or 3 seasons yet.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Brilliant at Ajax, clearly needs to get out of United. We could do far worse. 

He was indeed, I saw him a number of times during Amsterdam stopovers when, as an established player in a settled team, he looked a far better player than anything we have seen from him in this country.

I'd definitely take him just so long as he's given a fair chance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GoonerJeeves said:

I don't know. I'd be a bit wary on this if I were you. ten Haag probably knows the player quite well. If he had thought he could get something out of him, he'd probably keep him. I think you might want to look for new faces abroad.

that’s a very good point. The competition they have is very strong now but he doesn’t even look to him from the bench anymore than the previous managers. 

Lampard knows a midfielder and he obviously wasn’t impressed enough last year with him. Not a player i’d be excited about 

• Like 1

Not a fan of this move. Tielemans is a creator, he makes things happen with great through balls and excellent awareness. Donny is more of an attacking midfielder who excels at arriving in the box late to score goals. They aren’t the same type of player at all. He’s also not the same type of player as Maddison either. The one player Man United have who would fit the profile we’re looking for is Eriksen, but he’s obviously unavailable. 

Aouar and Le Fee are much more in the Tielemans mould, so I’d far prefer them. Also van de Beek has done absolutely nothing for Man U or Everton and there have been many comments about him not being physical enough for the Premier League. So it’s a pass from me. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not a fan of this move. Tielemans is a creator, he makes things happen with great through balls and excellent awareness. Donny is more of an attacking midfielder who excels at arriving in the box late to score goals. They aren’t the same type of player at all. He’s also not the same type of player as Maddison either. The one player Man United have who would fit the profile we’re looking for is Eriksen, but he’s obviously unavailable. 

Aouar and Le Fee are much more in the Tielemans mould, so I’d far prefer them. Also van de Beek has done absolutely nothing for Man U or Everton and there have been many comments about him not being physical enough for the Premier League. So it’s a pass from me. 

Le Fee I'd agree but Aouar plays much further up typically and makes far fewer tackles.

Aouar couldn't play in the pair in a 4231 whereas Tielemans, DVDB and ELF can. He'd be a risky signing on the whole though and we could do better.

• Like 3