Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Who's winning it?

I think this is the most wide open World Cup there has ever been. No real stand out nation, the middle of the season, the conditions, all make it very unpredictable.

As a random dark horse, if Mane stays fit I’m going Senegal to be Africas first ever winner.

Argentina and Brazil look strong and will take some beating here, from Europe the Dutch are my outside bet.

On 14/11/2022 at 22:32, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Backed Belgium, squad looks brilliantly balanced, all about lukaka being on form, if he is then they will score a lot of goals with the supply line he'll get. They've got match winners in the middle in de bruyne and Tielemans, solid looking defence. I've backed them at 16s.

Can you imagine if we had 3 world cup winners in our team when the PL resumes? 

If we top the group, like we should, I see it that we'll likely play Senegal (L16), France (QF) then either Belgium/Germany (SF) and I think Argentina in the final.

I think we should definitely make the QF's, where we go from there depends but if we're going to win it we're going to have earned it from that point I'd say.

Although saying all of the above I can't see past whoever wins the SF out of Argentina/Brazil as I can't see anyone stopping them getting there.

It seems very few are touting Spain this time around. I think they will enjoy the pressure being on other rivals. France are strong of course, but remove Pogba, Kanté, Kimpembe and Nkunku and the first XI becomes significantly weaker.

The climate will suit Spain better than any of the other European nations, but I just fancy them in head-to-head meetings with Brazil and Argentina although both will be supremely confident going into this tournament.
Finally, I feel they will have the right blend of youthful energy and experienced heads to maneuver the knockouts.

• Like 1

Argentina for me look a complete team that’s pretty solid across all positions. The way the win the copa tournament against a strong Brazil was impressive. With Messi in form and team telling around him they will be unstoppable once the start to build momentum.