Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Morocco Vs Portugal - Saturday 10th December 15:00

Are Morocco dark horses here? Like Greece back in the day? 

They’ve beaten Belgium and Canada, drew with Croatia and Spain. They’re unbeaten but the more directly football by Portugal surely rolls them over? 

• Like 1

The thing about Morocco is i don't believe they're here by luck. They play a specific system which suits their players down to a tee. Their defence has only conceded one goal in this whole tournament and even that was an own goal. The only issue they may have is a lack of a goalscorer and pace up top but as they say, defence wins you championships

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

The thing about Morocco is i don't believe they're here by luck. They play a specific system which suits their players down to a tee. Their defence has only conceded one goal in this whole tournament and even that was an own goal. The only issue they may have is a lack of a goalscorer and pace up top but as they say, defence wins you championships

If you don't concede, you don't lose, and if you don't lose, you don't need to win, just do better in the (horrid) shootouts (which are horrid).

So yeah, if they can carry on not losing, they could go far. Like Croatia last time, who I think got to the final by winning precisely one knockout match?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

In between the Morocco and Portugal games last night I thought Morocco had a genuine chance but Portugal blew that out of the water. They’re simply too good going forward, Morocco will probably need to score 2 to take it all the way, and I doubt they can do that.

Logic says so, however they look solid. 

They do have players that could cause issues, it’s just that they are so discipled they don’t really break out of shape to attack. 

• Like 1

Spain were poor in their knockout game.  Portugal were on another planet.

Spain’s style all tournament was to have ALL of the ball (about 70%, miles more than anyone else) but do nothing with it *.   They stroked it around endlessly, but * never showed the ability to complete a long ball that could catch a good defense out of shape.  They just hammered and hammered against brick walls, with what turned out to be weak hammers.   Playing into Morocco’s hands.

Portugal have sharp chisels, plus some long range dynamite in their midfield.  I think they'll bring down the wall and end Morocco's WC.

* (disregarding the outlier v Costa Rica)

We shall see if Morocco can stay as disciplined and organized defensively as they were against Spain. I think they can bug a bunch of them really over did it and got injured. If they are good they can go again but Portugal will be a different test. They will get severely tested but you never know maybe the Portuguese will get frustrated after 60 min and lose their mojo. Morocco will attack too when they can. Just hope the chubby guy up front learns to shoot once in a while instead of trying to walk the ball into the box!