Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

21 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Was it injuries?  Was it Brendan?  Did the game move on and leave him behind?

Who knows and quite frankly,  who cares?  He's been absolute dogshit for a couple of seasons and that winner against Villa at home he gave away, really sums up just how shit he's become.

If we can get rid of him for any kind of fee it'll be a win.  He's likely to be on decent money too so ditching him now is the smart thing to do.

Real shame as at one point when we are at peak Brendan, him, Youri and Maddison were pretty much the best midfield trio in the league.  We all used to laugh at the suggestion that Declan Rice was better than him!!

Numerous things... the manager, the injuries, too long in the same place and potentially being older than he says he is. After all, he was one of the youth players expelled years back for failing the wrist bone scans, so there are question marks.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Saudi League could be a godsend for shifting players you don't want. No pissing loans with options and no personal terms issues.

Going to be like when China tried it for a few years

I think it might last a bit longer and certainly looks like they are going to go bigger though

26 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

This is what we need! Saudi’s start buying our deadwood… send them vestergaard for free 

It's going to be interesting to see how the PL handles not being top of the money tree anymore. The whole USP of the league will be gone in a few years imo

• Haha 1

Felt for me that Wilf’s lost his desire to improve himself. I can get it too - a tough upbringing, moved to Belgium to have adopted parents, becomes a PL footballer, married and kids. Even gone to university. 

That’s what he probably dreamt of during that tough upbringing. Now his motivation is significantly reduced. 

• Like 1

Wilf is still highly regarded in the game - those who watch him and know what’s what wouldn’t pay a lot but for the Saudi league he would be a catch (like neves) 

If he has fallen out of love with the game due to adversity in his life away from football then he might consider it. 

55 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's going to be interesting to see how the PL handles not being top of the money tree anymore. The whole USP of the league will be gone in a few years imo

It will go pop before long, they can throw all the money they want and all they will recruit are mercenaries. True footballers want don't dream of winning the Saudi league, it's things like the Champions League they want and only Europe can provide that. 

As long as they overpay for our unwanted players, I'm fine.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Felt for me that Wilf’s lost his desire to improve himself. I can get it too - a tough upbringing, moved to Belgium to have adopted parents, becomes a PL footballer, married and kids. Even gone to university. 

That’s what he probably dreamt of during that tough upbringing. Now his motivation is significantly reduced. 

...I would say for a lot of our players it was a blessed relief when the season came to an end, and they could get away to clear their heads!!!

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The Chinese Super League adopted this model and has sunk without trace.  Cannot see TV Companies queuing up to buy the rights. With a bit of luck Man City and Newcamel will transfer to the Saudi League in the future!!!

• Like 1