Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

9 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Is this guy actually any good? Player in a team relegated from the Championship last season.

even Jesus wouldnt have been able to save that Reading team

and going from the interest in him etc; yes hes a good player and would be a very good addition for us

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

even Jesus wouldnt have been able to save that Reading team

and going from the interest in him etc; yes hes a good player and would be a very good addition for us

Tbf not sure he would want to drop down a division 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Anyone know Reading fans opinion on this lad? 

I’ve seen the odd one saying he was a bit raw but then they add they were shite and managed by Paul Ince.

Think it’s a hard one to judge 

• Like 1

Clips from the U20 World Cup. As I said, he really stood out among all the teams there.

Note how he scores:

- Right footed

- Left Footed

- Headers

- Penalties

- In tight spaces

- Golazos from outside the box

He's a complete player. Our number 10 shirt just became free too...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This thread isn't good for your health! I've gone from saying I thought it would be a shoe-in after mistakenly thinking he was playing on loan in league one last season to despair when Romano said that Chelsea preferred to send him out to Europe or a top league.

I don't know if you watched any of the U20 World Cup, but he was one of the stand out stars, scoring 7 goals, but doing a lot more than that. The other two that stood out were Andrey Santos (also at Chelsea) and Vitor Roque who is going to Barcelona, but personally I thought Casadei was more impressive because he was clearly playing in a worse team and dragging them along.

One more thing I'll say about Casadei and probably one of the big reasons why he's wanted so badly is that the player he reminds me a lot of is none other than... Enzo Maresca himself. If you consider he's Italian, went to England at a young age and is a creative midfielder with a penchant for a goal, it's easy to see why Maresca may see himself in Casadei. Their playstyles are quite similar too.

He would be an amazing signing for us. Also regarding loans, I have a feeling we might end up seeing Doyle and Casadei (if he signs) stay on loan with us for TWO seasons instead of one. I know many will not want us to improve and / or add value to players from other teams, but I think we don''t use the loan market enough. Look at Vestergaard, Daka, Soumare. That's £60m quid tied up in players that we may never see real value from. I think signing one or two loan players from the very top teams to give them game time can be a pragmatic thing to do. It worked initially with Tielemans, and Arsenal originally had Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid before signing him permanently.

In fairness to the club, that’s because nobody would loan to us, as we were seen as direct competition. 

Arsenal wouldn’t even let us have AMN a few seasons ago. 

• Like 1