Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

3 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I thought Paul Moran was very decent for us during his loan spell.

Although I was young and drunk most of the time😄

Paul Moran was awful. Dele Alli type character. Didn't want to be here..

Are you thinking of Steve Moran, the lad we got from Southampton? He was pretty decent? 

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Paul Moran was awful. Dele Alli type character. Didn't want to be here..

Are you thinking of Steve Moran, the lad we got from Southampton? He was pretty decent? 

No , Paul

Just youtu.be Leicester v leeds 1989/90 season.

Our 3rd from Paul was a cracker and enabled Gary Mac to get the winner for a 4-3

Happy days😄😄

There are  a 3/4 possible teams in the prem that would take him. If not a lower end seria A team. Either way he will be playing in poor non attacking teams that will be bottom half of those leagues. If they had any sense he would come to us or another top championship side, as playing in an attacking/winning team is what will help his development IMO

Makes me laugh how when these links come out, literally seconds later they’re reports suggesting the journalist know them personally……

”Hey m8 I want champ football or prem”

”Prem”

”U sure”

”Ye m8”.

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Kerrea Gilbert

I had to check Wikipedia to see what became of him, as I never remember hearing of him after his L1 season with us.

Looks like that was the peak of his career..... :mellow:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2010 Arsenal 2 (0)
2006–2007  Cardiff City (loan) 24 (0)
2007–2008  Southend United (loan) 5 (0)
2008–2009  Leicester City (loan) 34 (1)
2010  Peterborough United (loan) 10 (0)
2011–2012 Yeovil Town 8 (0)
2012 Shamrock Rovers 15 (0)
2013 Maidenhead United 0 (0)
2014 St Albans City 15 (2)
Total   112 (3)

• Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I had to check Wikipedia to see what became of him, as I never remember hearing of him after his L1 season with us.

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2010 Arsenal 2 (0)
Total   112 (3)

To be fair if you are going to have one good season, it's not a bad one to have.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2010 Arsenal 2 (0)
Total   112 (3)

Now that is a waste. If he'd burst onto the scene ten years later, he'd have been in with Reiss Nelson, Nketiah and the rest pushing for the Arsenal first team under Arteta. Not even getting a game at Maidenhead. Wow.

18 hours ago, Koke said:

I'm still in love with Mark Davies.

Player. Totally the sort we should be aiming for during this rebuild. Under the radar but knows he's better than 90% of the division.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iancognito said:

Now that is a waste. If he'd burst onto the scene ten years later, he'd have been in with Reiss Nelson, Nketiah and the rest pushing for the Arsenal first team under Arteta. Not even getting a game at Maidenhead. Wow.

Player. Totally the sort we should be aiming for during this rebuild. Under the radar but knows he's better than 90% of the division.

Re Gilbert, must have not had the right attitude or desire? Surely playing as he did for us in League 1 would have meant he was capable of playing at least at League 2 level successfully!

I was trying to remember the other Arsenal loanee we had and remembered, Ryan Smith. Looks like his career peaked in his loan with us as well. Made a few appearances for Millwall and Derby (not goals), the needed up in lower league US football.

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair if you are going to have one good season, it's not a bad one to have.

Indeed - and I never got to sit on the Maidenhead Utd bench, never mind earning a L1 title winner's medal. Hell, I'm still proud of winning the district cub scouts obstacle race at age 10. :D

I just find his career trajectory surprising. I don't remember him showing exceptional ability, but he seemed good enough to have had a career at L1 or Championship level.

But I suppose we never know what else might be going on in someone's life or even whether he was really committed to a career in football.

Sorry, folks, I'll shut up about Gilbert now. I do appreciate this is supposed to be a thread about an exciting potential signing of a young Italian midfielder, not about a full back from years gone by....

Edited by Alf Bentley

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This would be very good if we got him, but I don't want any other loans after Doyle and Casadei that we can't purchase afterwards. We should then focus the Barnes income on 2-3 wingers.

I don't think any loans, bar very few exceptions of someone like Cole Palmer (who's probably out of reach to loan too), would be out of our reach to sign if we got up. Doyle certainly wouldn't be. Especially with the buy back clauses they seem intent on putting in now.