Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Been calling this one since Maresca came in. The deal makes sense for everyone, the player spent time out in League One the Championship for relegated Reading last season and needs the next step up, we just lost our best box-to-box midfielder, we have a coach that plays great football and the player and new manager are both Italian.

The only issue is there is no way Chelsea will include a buy clause, but I don't think that's such a big issue right now, if we get promoted we can buy an adequate player then.

This guy was player of the tournament at the U20 World Cup, the top scorer for Italy with 7 goals despite being a midfielder. I think he would be fantastic for us and would tear the division a new one.

Gerrimin

Just now, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Fabrizio has  just tweeted he is going on loan to Serie A or Premier League only.

not quite. He’s saying that’s his plan. Chelsea however have some say in it.. they won’t want him in a relegation scrap as they want him to develop a winning mentality. That’s how most big clubs think.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

not quite. He’s saying that’s his plan. Chelsea however have some say in it.. they won’t want him in a relegation scrap as they want him to develop a winning mentality. That’s how most big clubs think.

They'll also know they can flog him to us for a small fortune if he turns out to be player of the year lol 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They'll also know they can flog him to us for a small fortune if he turns out to be player of the year lol 

Last night I said 500m but I’ve just read it was 600m Chelsea spent last year. They HAVE to balance the books at some stage, so I’m sure a cheeky bit if we get promoted would be the order of the day..

Sometimes a club would rather send a player to a club playing a certain style or winning football. Maybe that bumps us ahead of the queue compared to the three promoted teams or even maybe Forest or Everton, for example.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Last night I said 500m but I’ve just read it was 600m Chelsea spent last year. They HAVE to balance the books at some stage, so I’m sure a cheeky bit if we get promoted would be the order of the day..

Because Chelsea have been heading out 8,000 year contracts, (I might have exaggerated a fraction), amortisation means they probably already have balanced the books. 😞

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Because Chelsea have been heading out 8,000 year contracts, (I might have exaggerated a fraction), amortisation means they probably already have balanced the books. 😞

...a £235m loss as of the end of May 2022, with a turnover of £483m!!!

The first team to accumulate over a billion pounds in losses, something just does not add up.