Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

If reports are true then it seems that he's achieved the minimum number of appearances to activate the contract clause. However, he must be desparate for promotion as I can't see the club forking out £15m if we don't go up. 

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

If Fattawu has "immense" quality would love to know what level you think Mo Salah for example has? 

He has immense quality for the level we’re at* 

I don’t know what else you can expect from a 19 year old winger in the championship?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He has immense quality for the level we’re at* 

I don’t know what else you can expect from a 19 year old winger in the championship?

More than 3 goals would be nice…

On 24/02/2024 at 15:30, ARTY_FOX said:

lol we lose a game we absolutley dominated and should have ran away with and that makes the lad shit? 

Give me strength. Honestly this fanbase since the prem title has been horrific. 

I dont think I called him shit.

But yeah welcome to foxes talk, every time we lose our players are crap, they are to blame etc.

• Like 2

He's not in great form right now but he's still been creating goalscoring chances for his team mates.

His overall game isn't as impressive as it has though and that's something that's probably going to be hot and cold at his age.

I've every faith he has the potential to be an excellent tope 5 european league player.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not in great form right now but he's still been creating goalscoring chances for his team mates.

His overall game isn't as impressive as it has though and that's something that's probably going to be hot and cold at his age.

I've every faith he has the potential to be an excellent tope 5 european league player.

Wonder if the red card and suspension knocked him off kilter a little bit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shen said:

Wonder if the red card and suspension knocked him off kilter a little bit. 

I think this as well, he didnt seem as desperate to make things happen before then and was a bit more measured with his play, now he's forcing things he paradoxically is doing less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

We clearly targeted Archie Gray on Friday, so Fatawu didn't see alot of the ball in an attacking area.

Admittedly, he didn't make much happen on the ball when he did have it though.

When Leeds switched Gray over to their left side, to give him a rest, because KDH and Mavadidi were running him ragged second half, I would have liked us to start targeting Gray on that side too, with Ricardo and Fatawu.

Especially after we took Mavadidi off, because that took away our attacking momentum.

I don't think it was any coincidence that Roberts who was brought on to play right back, to try and stop the threat of Mavadidi, then scored their goal, after finding himself in our penalty area, and I do wonder if Mavadidi had still been on the pitch, if Roberts would have felt brave enough to be there, and leave Mavadidi free.

What minute was Gray swapped over? Curious.

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What minute was Gray swapped over? Curious.

73 minutes, when Roberts came on. 

They took off Firpo, moved Gray to Left back, and brought Roberts on to play right back.

We took Mavadidi off on 78 minutes when we still in front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, smudger63 said:

73 minutes, when Roberts came on. 

They took off Firpo, moved Gray to Left back, and brought Roberts on to play right back.

We took Mavadidi off on 78 minutes when we still in front.

Thank you, it makes me even more disappointed we hooked Mavididi now, that the guy who was to contain him ended up scoring.  I also think your analysis makes some sense to me.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

We clearly targeted Archie Gray on Friday, so Fatawu didn't see alot of the ball in an attacking area.

Admittedly, he didn't make much happen on the ball when he did have it though.

When Leeds switched Gray over to their left side, to give him a rest, because KDH and Mavadidi were running him ragged second half, I would have liked us to start targeting Gray on that side too, with Ricardo and Fatawu.

Especially after we took Mavadidi off, because that took away our attacking momentum.

I don't think it was any coincidence that Roberts who was brought on to play right back, to try and stop the threat of Mavadidi, then scored their goal, after finding himself in our penalty area, and I do wonder if Mavadidi had still been on the pitch, if Roberts would have felt brave enough to be there, and leave Mavadidi free.

Yeh I think taking Mavididi off handed them the initiative. I did think at the time that I thought it would have been Fatawu that got taken off when Mcateer came on. Wrong decision by Enzo has contributed to the defeat you could argue. 

• Like 1

Football is football,will present at the most seemingly congenial times,

those human twists of fate,that often befalls us

either in our own dismal,or content lives or moments

We look at moments unfolding before us,can’t do a goddam thing about it….

For a football fan it seems everything is virtual,we can’t even select our players,

manager & system then press go.

Our only outlet is emotion,tactical analyse,unknowledgable critic of individuals,

and the right of opinion to express cranky perspectives on performances,seemingly

allowing us to go on an easy hunt blaming orgy …

after periods of high contentment & jubilation,from  those same actors who have the audacity to make mistakes,or succombe to that unseen beast…

that control our misfortunes & failed expected dialog ,then to prove our own points ,

conveniently forgetting those moment where the individual delivers excitement,method and sometimes exctasy.

Been going for that all season and has come very close at times, glad to see him finally get it!

Hopefully that will get a bit more confidence into him as he has definitely been a bit off it since his sending off

• Like 3