Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

On 19/02/2024 at 17:05, Tommy G said:

He needs to stop overhitting crosses, apart from that he's class. 

That’s technique. He has under-hit a fair few too. He can improve that with practise and experience and learn to wrap his foot round and shape it. I love the way he plays with a smile and is just as determined in defence as attack.  He is a gem. This is a no brainer. 

Edited by Supergray22

5 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Barnes was the same in his first few seasons here but then became a good finisher. Hopefully the same will happen to Abdul

But was lazy and I hope this guy doesn’t go that way too 

• Like 2

On 19/02/2024 at 18:22, FOXSE said:

The record 'big chances created in the championship is 23, since records began in 15/16 season. This guy has already 24 to his name!

IMG-20240218-WA0000.jpg

So our players finish when passed to by KDH but not Fatawu 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I know that was a joke, but if one player is playing a perfect pass and the other is fizzing one in, there is a logic behind some players having more chances converted. 

Im not saying thats what it is, as youd have to watch them all back. But alot of fatawu's are likely fizzing them accross the box, where as KDH is more likely to be cutting a chance back or playing a through ball 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I know that was a joke, but if one player is playing a perfect pass and the other is fizzing one in, there is a logic behind some players having more chances converted. 

Im not saying thats what it is, as youd have to watch them all back. But alot of fatawu's are likely fizzing them accross the box, where as KDH is more likely to be cutting a chance back or playing a through ball 

Yeh like you say, you'd need to actually watch them all back and I know KDH does put chances on a plate for players, but the metric is "big chances created" which would surely suggest its when a player has created a chance that should be converted 

13 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeah kinda. 

It doesn't help that a lot of those Fatawu chances created will be that in-swinging back post cross he likes. 

They're excellent deliveries but we don't exactly have an abundance of players to thrive on them.

By and large we have a team that want the ball on the deck. 

• Like 1

Had a strange game at home to Leeds. 

Absolutely destroyed Byram first half, got him booked and was a constant threat. 

Second half he barely did anything and let Byram off the hook. It was extremely odd.

Unfortunately Byram is injured I think for tomorrow.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Absolutely destroyed Byram first half, got him booked and was a constant threat. 

Second half he barely did anything and let Byram off the hook. It was extremely odd.

Firpo in terms of defending is tinpot so I'd back Abdul again. If he plays well for 90, we win I believe. He's the difference! Very odd that he dropped off after Byram got booked early in the home fixture.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Firpo in terms of defending is tinpot so I'd back Abdul again. If he plays well for 90, we win I believe. He's the difference! Very odd that he dropped off after Byram got booked early in the home fixture.

Agreed, we need to target him, my Leeds supporting mate said he is a massive weak link for them defensively.

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Would need to replay the match to remember.  Could it be that our players stopped delivering to him, or that Leeds cut off the supply, or maybe (for some reason) he was under management instruction not to push on? Intriguing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

I think this first to second half disparity is quite a common occurrence in relation to both wingers. They tend to see a lot of the ball in the first 45 and then strangely little of it in the second 45. 

6 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Would need to replay the match to remember.  Could it be that our players stopped delivering to him, or that Leeds cut off the supply, or maybe (for some reason) he was under management instruction not to push on? Intriguing.

I was at the game and was with someone who supports Leeds and it was strange to both of us how chalk and cheese it was from the first to second halves. From my memory, Abdul didn't get the ball nearly as much 2nd half but when he did, he lost a bit of confidence and Byram got better with a yellow strangely. 

Another thing to note is Summerville had an unusually quiet game by his standards. Same again would be delightful!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Agreed, we need to target him, my Leeds supporting mate said he is a massive weak link for them defensively.

I think he’s out injured. Firpo will be on that side, who is also suspect defensively. 

18 hours ago, Craig said:

I do think people need to remember that he's 19 (soon to be 20). 

To be as good as he is at this age is special, and he'll only keep on improving. 

Exactly. I forgot to say this. I do hope we get this tied up as soon as possible. As with only young player we need to remember that he is still learning and growing. That’s hard to do sometimes when he see how he performs on the pitch. . 

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh like you say, you'd need to actually watch them all back and I know KDH does put chances on a plate for players, but the metric is "big chances created" which would surely suggest its when a player has created a chance that should be converted 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah kinda. 

It doesn't help that a lot of those Fatawu chances created will be that in-swinging back post cross he likes. 

They're excellent deliveries but we don't exactly have an abundance of players to thrive on them.

By and large we have a team that want the ball on the deck. 

it’s those back post crosses i’m picturing as well. How many times has he hit stephy at the back post. It’s definitely a big chance but stephy not going to head many goals in for a team. 

Big chances aren’t always easy chances is my point, tends to be more about the area of the pitch you’d receive it. Doesn’t matter if one player has to do an overhead and one taps in a knockdown. 

Needs some time out of the team cos that was hopeless, you can see why Sporting couldn’t wait to get rid of him. He’s worse than Jeffrey Schlupp at decision making, rash shooting and trying to dribble out of his own box. Another big game where he’s done absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Danno said:

Needs some time out of the team cos that was hopeless, you can see why Sporting couldn’t wait to get rid of him. He’s worse than Jeffrey Schlupp at decision making, rash shooting and trying to dribble out of his own box. Another big game where he’s done absolutely nothing. 

Would be good if the alternatives werent average. McAteer and Albrighton, nay danke.

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

No he doesn't. He's clearly been told to be more conservative or had words about something else that is forcing him to do that. He was basically playing as a wing back today so that's not on him. Did nothing going forward on that we can agree but his decision making has been the very thing that separates him from most players his age