Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

i’ve always wondered, because i’ve never seen it happen. But with obligation/ options to sign players, does the player get a chance to turn it down? 

Or they sign the deal at the start and it’s just an option the club have? 

Hypothetically, if chelsea came sniffing now and got in his ear, could he turn it down and just sign for them in the summer? (i feel sick typing that) 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve always wondered, because i’ve never seen it happen. But with obligation/ options to sign players, does the player get a chance to turn it down? 

Or they sign the deal at the start and it’s just an option the club have? 

Hypothetically, if chelsea came sniffing now and got in his ear, could he turn it down and just sign for them in the summer? (i feel sick typing that) 

So yea if Chelsea did come sniffing there would be a chance that they could sign him however the selling club can put what ever price they want to Chelsea and could say we want 80 million for him.

Nothing to worry about he signs for us at the end of the season 

I'm not sure we are ready for just how good Fatawu is going to be. He has got it all. 

The improvement in his delivery since he arrived, when applied to his finishing will put him in the same stratosphere as Mahrez. He's quicker, can defend and his stats for a 19yo are unbelievable. 

€17m will be a 5th of the buy out clause we put in immediately om signing him. I wouldn't be surprised if Pep already has his eyes on, given how well he suits Pep ball.

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

So yea if Chelsea did come sniffing there would be a chance that they could sign him however the selling club can put what ever price they want to Chelsea and could say we want 80 million for him.

Nothing to worry about he signs for us at the end of the season 

Only if we don’t sign him. Otherwise no chance.

The contract will be agreed by all parties and be triggered by an event(s), in this case promotion.

If we go up, he’s ours.

If we don’t there’s possible a different clause that may, for instance, give us a week of first refusal… or nothing, he just reverts to being their player.

Contracts take a long time because they are comprehensive. Chelsea fancying him and gazumping us will have been covered off.

• Like 1

I think he has absolutely bags of potential but equally he's a long way off playing for one of the 'top clubs'.

I can see getting him for a couple of years,  seeing him develop into an absolute beast, and then going for big money.

14 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Only if we don’t sign him. Otherwise no chance.

The contract will be agreed by all parties and be triggered by an event(s), in this case promotion.

If we go up, he’s ours.

If we don’t there’s possible a different clause that may, for instance, give us a week of first refusal… or nothing, he just reverts to being their player.

Contracts take a long time because they are comprehensive. Chelsea fancying him and gazumping us will have been covered off.

HMMMMMM!

We are talking about Sporting here ...!

29 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Expected but great news. Yesterday was one of his worst games and he's not like he played badly. Just never took on his man and his usually brilliant delivery was slightly overcooked. Potential is so high and if his work ethic off the pitch is anything like it on it, he could be something truly special.

24 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

The Athletic has said the following:

Fatawu’s move will be made permanent before the end of the season and along with Stephy Mavididi, Leicester will have two wingers with plenty of potential to make an impact in the Premier League once promotion is eventually secured.”

Would that mean that our FFP position maybe isn't that bad and we can afford to pay the fee for Fatawu this year?

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Got to credit the scouting team on this one - I know he had a bit of a rep before joining Sporting but wasn't he stuck in their B team last season?

Yeah… wild how they found him..

Doesnt our new DoR focus on ex academy players? Mavididi fits that bill for sure but Fatawu and Akgun were relative wildcards 

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Love the lad. 

5 - 7 year contract incoming contract please 

At least 7, come on. When you see an utter gem, snap it up. The lad is incredible and has already improved dramatically this season. He’s going to be an absolute superstar. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Would that mean that our FFP position maybe isn't that bad and we can afford to pay the fee for Fatawu this year?

I thought I read that we were obligated to buy him at the end of the season if Leicester gained promotion to the premier league. 

Either way, when promotion to the premier league is secured, I would think the financial belt would be loosened a notch or two. I think the hyper vigilance comes from borrowing against premier league revenues, while only earning championship level income. Once we are back, we have a ton of contracts coming up and our financial health should be much better. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brookfox said:

What year were you thinking we would pay for him?

I doubt we'd pay the full fee up front, so surely it was always going to be spread over 3 years or whatever the norm is?