Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If that someone else is Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp then you’re correct. 

The one thing we’ve seen over the past few weeks in the league and FA cup is that Enzo ball is more than a match for good teams, it’s the crap who sit back who we struggle to beat. That won’t be an issue in the Prem. 

We'll be the crap sitting back next season 😂

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If that someone else is Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp then you’re correct. 

The one thing we’ve seen over the past few weeks in the league and FA cup is that Enzo ball is more than a match for good teams, it’s the crap who sit back who we struggle to beat. That won’t be an issue in the Prem. 

Doesn’t have to be any of those mentioned. Someone who offers a plan b will be an improvement. 

Enzo Maresca 👏🏻 you’ve done you’re job and got us over the line! I do worry about him but fair play and I’m intrigued to see what he can do next season, that is if he doesn’t go Sevilla or anywhere else. 

Done an amazing job to turn us around. I still suspect the dip in form was down the the shambles of a transfer window bringing on a hint of negativity. Did so well to eventually ride through the bad form and show signs that he will adapt when needed. Can't ask for anything more than promotion, I thought playoffs would  have been a good result considering the mess Rodgers left us in.

• Like 3

Enzo has done incredibly well to eliminate all the utter ****ing shite that Rodgers did to this club in the last season of his tenure (except for some of the psychological damage the twisted dwarf did to our fans - which was evident towards the end of this season). 

• Like 3

Enzo must take a long hard look at why our extended period of relegation form almost blew our virtually unasailable lead and learn from his mistakes. Hopefully his stubborn adherence to the rigid tactics that characterize Enzoball, poor utilization of a very strong squad, difficulty adjusting his in-game tactics effectively and poor use of subs on occasion can be put down to inexperience. But credit where credit is due, with the help of some Hamza heroics, poor West Brom finishing, limited possession aginst Soton accompanied by some fabulous finishing and a total Leeds implosion he managed to get us over the line. He has certainly earned a shot at the PL, but he must not repeat the same mistakes there as our margin for error, thanks to the powers that be, will be non-existent. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Enzo must take a long hard look at why our extended period of relegation form almost blew our virtually unasailable lead and learn from his mistakes. Hopefully his stubborn adherence to the rigid tactics that characterize Enzoball, poor utilization of a very strong squad, difficulty adjusting his in-game tactics effectively and poor use of subs on occasion can be put down to inexperience. But credit where credit is due, with the help of some Hamza heroics, poor West Brom finishing, limited possession aginst Soton accompanied by some fabulous finishing and a total Leeds implosion he managed to get us over the line. He has certainly earned a shot at the PL, but he must not repeat the same mistakes there as our margin for error, thanks to the powers that be, will be non-existent. 

It was many things, but it wasn’t relegation form. 

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

Enzo Maresca 👏🏻 you’ve done you’re job and got us over the line! I do worry about him but fair play and I’m intrigued to see what he can do next season, that is if he doesn’t go Sevilla or anywhere else. 

Where’s this Sevilla link come from?

59 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It was many things, but it wasn’t relegation form. 

I was simply trying to make the point that Enzo must learn from his mistakes. We accumulated 10 points in a 10 game stretch starting with Middlesborough and ending with Plymouth - a point a game. If this were repeated across an entire season that would be 46 points - relegation form (Birmingham currently sit in the relegation zone on 46 points). This dramatic drop off in our form almost derailed our promotion bid. Pretty concerning given that this was from a team that started the season setting Championship point-scoring records and at one point had a 17 point cushion in the automatic promotion places. 

He achieved what I expected us to achieve, so well done and thanks for getting us up. We got over the line eventually and that’s all that matters now, we could very well have been financially destroyed if we had failed. 

Really wish he didn’t gamble the future of the club on his system when it was clear we needed to shake things up during games etc, but that’s by the by now. 

I hope he gets an offer at a bigger club with the money to build, unfortunately we cannot afford to rebuild with Enzo and even if we could I don’t trust Rudkin to bring in the players needed to make it work.

Thanks for promotion, but I hope he walks. 
it’s frustrating because I do really like the bloke I enjoy listening to him most of the time, but IMO he will never make it to the top unless he completely reverts on his stubbornness and learns to be more pragmatic. 

• Like 2

Gotta laugh at the reply's. A few weeks back the majority were asking for his head. Too many here are one game pundits who freak out when all hell is breaking loose but jump on the bandwagon when a corner is turned. love him, hate him, dislike him whatever but your ability to change tunes on one result is laughable. I'm happy for the dude but with the squad we have, he was expected to be where we are. That doesn't change the fact the majority of games were managed poorly this season. This chimp, crackhead lol. ain't changing his tune until Enzo shows he has the skills to manage games better.........carry on

• Like 1

As a relatively inexperienced manager he was always going to make mistakes and it not be plain sailing, yes it is the championships most expensive squad but it was also very unbalanced and.behind the scenes a bit of a circus. 

what he achieved in not only the mentality shift, but also managing to convert into results, whilst also having the financial issues hanging over the club, whilst fans say he has done what was expected, I don’t believe it has been quite so straight forward. 

When you look at it, there is a possibility that both Leeds and Southampton both end up in this division next season, so it clearly isn’t as easy and straight forward as some would have us believe. 

Well done Enzo, and I actually think another pre-season and the chance to bring in players with the profile and skill set to play his style and I think we will see a masked improvement on how play next season. 

• Like 2

On 20/09/2023 at 23:02, SecretPro said:

I know we've got a 'Maresca new manager' and a 'Maresca tactics' thread but he deserves a thread just to discuss the man. 

Thought his post march interview tonight was very classy, especially acknowledging the fans coming out and travelling midweek with work commitments etc. 

I ****ing love him.

We've discussed and psychoanalysed Enzo to death, it's about time this thread was closed.