Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

If enzo ends up at Seville, we could do worse than looking at QPRs manager 

Could probably do better as well. 

But we currently have a manager who isn't going to seville 

• Haha 1

While he leads with his philosophy, by all accounts he’s a great man manager. He’s also been humble enough to let the ‘leaders’ call some shots over the last few weeks. Vardy and Coady’s interventions have been crucial and it takes balls to do that as a manager as we know from Brendan’s time here that not all managers enjoy vocal changing rooms. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

While he leads with his philosophy, by all accounts he’s a great man manager. He’s also been humble enough to let the ‘leaders’ call some shots over the last few weeks. Vardy and Coady’s interventions have been crucial and it takes balls to do that as a manager as we know from Brendan’s time here that not all managers enjoy vocal changing rooms. 

After constantly slating his Inexperience he stayed strong at the vital moment and will have gained so much experience. Sorry. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I think some people forget the state the club was in this time last year. Having the best squad potentially in no way guarantees promotion, because we had a bunch of players who had no confidence and who were mentally shot from the Rodgers era. We made some good signings in the Summer and thankfully got off to a brilliant start. For me Enzo has done wonders to turn things around on the field, playing a completely different style and bringing back a group mentality. Yes he has made mistakes, but for me this season has exceeded expectations.

Easy to forget because we started so well, but I wasn't alone on here thinking scraping the playoffs would be a decent season.

There were some on here serious suggesting back to back relegations were on the cards and we are the next Sunderland or Portsmouth.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Easy to forget because we started so well, but I wasn't alone on here thinking scraping the playoffs would be a decent season.

There were some on here serious suggesting back to back relegations were on the cards and we are the next Sunderland or Portsmouth.

Yeah, hindsight is a beautiful thing. I too felt that playoff was the minimum target and that we were some way off Leeds and Southampton with all our departures and the mess we were left in.

No doubt the shock of relegation was bigger for us than for Leeds/So'ton.

The start we had was simply incredible - and thank frick for that!

• Like 2

In those last few games whether it's the manager or the senior players, someone instilled a winning mentality and resilience in that squad, that's important after the past 2 years. I wasn't sure sure if the players had it in them to turn it round, so they all need to take massive credit where others have faltered we never lost 4-0 to anyone. Now they know they can battle, they can win under pressure, I hope they take that forward. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 3

Whilst by and large I’ve not found the football entertaining and at times it’s been incredibly frustrating. He’s got the job done.

I’ve mellowed since we got over the line.

All credit to him, the players are obviously on board with him  and if it’s good enough for them then it’s good enough for me. 

A strange scenario in that, for me, it was automatic promotion or failure for this season but I have a very low bar for next season so it’s essentially a free hit for him as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32

ill say now ive turned fickle this season for first time in 50 yr iv been going so maybe age, but i do appreciate enzo and would like thank him and top who i still admire , im not sure if thel be here next season as enzo could get job offers and wouldnt blame him if he quit , tops the same in that maybe they both see it , lots of fickleness and some damn right toxic . but it could be an oneil moment in that he got us up after many wanted him gone and then 4 fantastic years with him periodically quoting the day of the protest . i for one want enzo to stay if he wants to stay not if he is at war for the people who got frustrated at no plan b . the summer be interesting to say least. thanks enzo  

Someone said in the match thread that the blip was pure psychological and once we got our heads straight we’ve reverted to being excellent again.

If this is true, does Enzo in fact deserve immense credit for not confusing the players by changing personnel and tactics and keeping the message consistent?

I’d also thought Enzo had shat it, I can’t lie. But think I was wrong now and don’t think that’s just revisionism. I think maybe we just missed what was really happening.

• Like 3

Did exactly what he was asked to do, and by some margin. He deserves his shot in the Premier League. 

There are definitely a couple of red flags, but he should absolutely be given the opportunity to test himself at the highest level with us. 

The players certainly seem to have a great relationship with him. He is a very likable Manager, just needs to be willing to adapt and act when required. 

Hats off to you Enzo! :appl:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Someone said in the match thread that the blip was pure psychological and once we got our heads straight we’ve reverted to being excellent again.

If this is true, does Enzo in fact deserve immense credit for not confusing the players by changing personnel and tactics and keeping the message consistent?

I’d also thought Enzo had shat it, I can’t lie. But think I was wrong now and don’t think that’s just revisionism. I think maybe we just missed what was really happening.

I would still have liked to see a bit more variation in personnel and maybe the specific shape at times but in general, I think having spent the summer and then first half of the season getting players to buy into his methods and convincing them it was the best way for us to be successful, it would be difficult for him to then scrap it and tell them to forget it all once things started to go wrong.

• Like 1

You just know that, despite having turned around a thoroughly demoralised team, in a season with difficulties off the pitch, to win the Championship.... People are still going to want him gone.