Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

9 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Would anyone consider Ross Barkley now he has found his form again?
1st season back in the prem we arn't going to be spending huge amounts on single players, we can't rely on every offshore player adapting quick enough & you do need an element of experience in the team, how knows what will happen to Vardy & Sharky next season.
Barkley's a grafter, knows what's required & is fine footballer when firing, he could be a very good 8

Would be a decent option to be fair, although ideally from the bench. 

Has looked very good for Luton, genuinely think if he picks up a proper knock they're done for .. everything's been running through him 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BKLFox said:

1st season back in the prem we arn't going to be spending huge amounts on single players, we can't rely on every offshore player adapting quick enough & you do need an element of experience in the team, how knows what will happen to Vardy & Sharky next season.
Barkley's a grafter, knows what's required & is fine footballer when firing, he could be a very good 8

He's doing well for luton with a run of games under his belt, didn't do too bad at nice too.

Would be able to play the opposite 8 to KDH which would be good to have. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

This has got Football Manager 24 plastered all over it. You'd have a hell of a side signing all them!

(NB - Sucic looks unbelievable, think he goes to a side playing European football, if not UCL)

Haha yeah I know it does, I’ve been a big fan of Ralf Rangnick for years so I tend to follow Red Bull teams and managers quite a bit, Salzburg are one of the best run clubs in the world. Sucic looks like their best prospect imo

• Like 1

Jobe Bellingham would be decent I think, from both an ability and business perspective.

Looks very composed on the ball like his brother and I reckon he'd fit nicely in to our system.

Also, just being Judes brother I'd imagine his value would at least stay as it is. I don't think he's as good as Jude, but certainly looks good enough to me

Just wonder how much he'd cost.. didn't he go there for less than 5m? Probably looking at 15-20m now I'd have thought?

• Like 4

Difficult one to properly commit to but I really like Flemming for Milwall, said in the match thread that he's easily a cut above this level, but not 100% sure if he would be able to step up to the premier league, of course I jinxed it and he scored a great finish, but I do wonder if he would be a decent signing for cover/as an attacking mid, he can play anywhere across the attacking midfield, can play upfront if needed, 15 goals last season for a very average side and has played really well today. 

I'm beginning to think he could do well with a side like us. 

On 05/01/2024 at 14:44, BKLFox said:

1st season back in the prem we arn't going to be spending huge amounts on single players, we can't rely on every offshore player adapting quick enough & you do need an element of experience in the team, who knows what will happen to Vardy & Sharky next season.

Available on a free in the summer, might be a good bench option for us?

Edited by Shane

24 minutes ago, Shane said:

He has had a very good season at Luton, been really impressive.

Not sure he will fancy the bench of a newly promoted side, assuming we make it.

Mees Hilgers is another that is worth a look. 

Bank Meite

Myron Boadu

Mauritania Kjægaard

or ………. Xavi Simmons (I’m assuming he’s out of our reach now though) 

18 hours ago, Sly said:

Mees Hilgers is another that is worth a look. 

Bank Meite

Myron Boadu

Mauritania Kjægaard

or ………. Xavi Simmons (I’m assuming he’s out of our reach now though) 

I love Boadu from his AZ days but he's done nothing of note for Monaco

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

if we could get doughty to fit our system, i’d take him in a heartbeat 

We need to have the flexibility to play in a few variations of our system. Watch how Bayer Leverkusen play and you’d probably agree with me that Doughty would be perfect for the Grimaldo role and Ricardo for the Frimpong role.

We need to pull a rabbit out of the hat up front. Cannon is nothing like as good as the happy-clappers on here have suggested in recent weeks. Vardy is done. Kels couldn’t care less and we know Daka is as strong as a dunked RichTea biscuit. Let’s hope we get away with it for four more months. 🤞🤞

On 10/01/2024 at 20:08, Shane said:

His ability, when he feels like it, has never been in doubt. It's the rest of the baggage ie temperament that goes with him. We're rebuilding in the main with hungry young players busting a gut to compete to try and get better. The last thing we need is another player of doubtful character in the dressing room. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. 

50 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

What an overreaction to a striker who was playing up front on his Tod whilst we had 10 men. He is definitely good give your head a wobble 

My head is great. Thanks. But genuinely appreciate your concern. And all our strikers play on their own. Even, sometimes on a good day, with a full contingent of colleagues. I hope you are right about him, obvs. I just, personally, don’t think you are. 🤷