Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

Yes, that’s the thing - they cheated and managed to stay in the PL.  And now they’ve been punished, but it happens to be in a season when there are 3 other dreadful teams who will certainly go down.  So they gambled and got lucky. Which really pisses me off! 

Don't think they got lucky, they've benefitted from the governing body making their decision at the best possible time to make it meaningless.

I bet if they got relegated last year the point deduction would have been imposed then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

Yes, that’s the thing - they cheated and managed to stay in the PL.  And now they’ve been punished, but it happens to be in a season when there are 3 other dreadful teams who will certainly go down.  So they gambled and got lucky. Which really pisses me off! 

Exactly. They knew they were breaking the rules and they knew that by breaking these rules would keep them in top flight with extra revenue, otherwise they would be in League One now or at best case scenario trying to build a team of youngsters to survive in Championship.

This is one of the arguments our legal team must present in the future court hearing. 

Imo there's also a civil case here and a criminal one for fraud for anyone involved. As I said earlier this case is way more complex and the media are trying already to brainwash people to believe it's just a minor case of a company breaking financial rules. 

7 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

They'll still stay up with how poor the PL is this season 

Yeah, the fact that Forest is comfortably above the drop zone says it all. There are at least 6 teams that are truly quite poor at the bottom:

Luton

Bournemouth

Burnley

Forest

Sheffield United

Everton (though they are a “real” PL club despite their poor organisation)

Then you still have names like Fulham, Brentford.

While you have more established names like:

Leicester

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

and even like

Cardiff

Ipswich

Birmingham

Sunderland

Middlesborough

all down in the Championship.

The PL is as poor as it has been for at least 10 years.

• Like 2

Might as well have done nothing to them this season as it won’t affect them at all they will beat Utd next week and be back out the relegation zone 😂 getting 10 point deduction and still not being bottom just shows how bad the teams got come up are 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't think anyone has considered that one of the reasons we went down last season was the toxic vibe created by Rodgers as a result of not being given funds he was promised as we wanted to stay on the right side of FFP. If we don't get anything then we'll be punished for following the rules and it's a big loss of income and prestige that we've had. 

I agree. Once we started tightening the belt Rodgers knew he couldn’t take us any further. He still should have acted more professionally and the club could have acted quicker but it was definitely a factor  in it all going wrong.

21 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I agree with a lot of what has been said. We were shit last season, so were they. They cheated, and we chose not to. If we had done anything resembling a meaningful refresh in pre season and not panicked in Jan, we would have stayed up - that is not in any doubt. They cheated and stayed up by the skin of their teeth (for the second year running), and at our expense.

I’m pleased with this decision, but in my view the punishment should be greater and all but guarantee their relegation. Same with Man City and Chelsea, who I assume must have better lawyers.

They should also be deducted points for spending £50m odd on a player who turned out to be a nonce as well. Let’s not forget that! 

Given this is about cheating, 10 points deduction is a let off. Agree with you that the penalty should almost guarantee relegation otherwise how it is fair? Juventus was relegated in Italy quite a few years back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Might as well have done nothing to them this season as it won’t affect them at all they will beat Utd next week and be back out the relegation zone 😂 getting 10 point deduction and still not being bottom just shows how bad the teams got come up are 

And we are only in November!

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, the fact that Forest is comfortably above the drop zone says it all. There are at least 6 teams that are truly quite poor at the bottom:

Luton

Bournemouth

Burnley

Forest

Sheffield United

Everton (though they are a “real” PL club despite their poor organisation)

Then you still have names like Fulham, Brentford.

While you have more established names like:

Leicester

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

and even like

Cardiff

Ipswich

Birmingham

Sunderland

Middlesborough

all down in the Championship.

The PL is as poor as it has been for at least 10 years.

Seems a bit elitist, it should be nothing but a meritocracy, ideally with a level playing field, that being this problem

30 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I agree with a lot of what has been said. We were shit last season, so were they. They cheated, and we chose not to. If we had done anything resembling a meaningful refresh in pre season and not panicked in Jan, we would have stayed up - that is not in any doubt. They cheated and stayed up by the skin of their teeth (for the second year running), and at our expense.

I’m pleased with this decision, but in my view the punishment should be greater and all but guarantee their relegation. Same with Man City and Chelsea, who I assume must have better lawyers.

They should also be deducted points for spending £50m odd on a player who turned out to be a nonce as well. Let’s not forget that! 

To be honest in any other year it does. Even this year it's going to pretty much confirm they'll be in a battle all season when it looked like they wouldn't be.

It's only because the three promoted sides are unprecedentedly bad. 10 points is huge.

6 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Probably only need another 15 points to be safe with how poor the teams around them 

Yeah. If they had a 10 point deduction last year, they would have been relegated by a country mile. This year they would still be comfortably above the drop zone come the end of the season.

Seems like the Everton way again. Always a lucky break.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Don't think they got lucky, they've benefitted from the governing body making their decision at the best possible time to make it meaningless.

I bet if they got relegated last year the point deduction would have been imposed then.

I don’t know - I’m not sure that it was a guarantee they’d escape being relegation candidates this season.  I knew Luton would struggle but I didn’t think Sheffield and Burnley would do as badly as they have done.  So maybe it really is just lucky timing. 

Edited by Qwerty

5 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I don’t know - I’m not sure that it was a guarantee they’d escape being relegation candidates this season.  I knew Luton would struggle but I didn’t think Sheffield and Burnley would do as badly as they have done.  So maybe it really is just lucky timing. 

Nah smacks of them wanting to show that FFP has 'teeth' by imposing a deduction, but making sure it happens when there is minimal impact ie as likely Everton stay up anyway, or if not its late enough that if they do get relegated  they can appeal and kick it into next season

I'm not sure about us suing, but I cant believe people dont think we have absolute grounds for a case - we tightened belts and that was part of the reason we were wank, they didnt  

3 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

I'm not sure about us suing, but I cant believe people dont think we have absolute grounds for a case - we tightened belts and that was part of the reason we were wank, they didnt  

Yep - it’s bloody unfair.  They cheated, stayed up, got punished but ended up only a couple of points from safety in November - I bet they’re laughing. 

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

That probably amounts to something like a 6-10 million pound fine..

Edited by MPH

6 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

We weren't considering that we didn't break any rules, and no other club had ever been deducted points for going into administration.

You're correct. We didn't break any existing rules. They changed the rules and brought in points deductions for clubs going into administration after we got promoted while in administration, and because Warnock bitched about it endlessly.

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Given this is about cheating, 10 points deduction is a let off. Agree with you that the penalty should almost guarantee relegation otherwise how it is fair? Juventus was relegated in Italy quite a few years back.

What did Luton do all those years ago to warrant what happened to them, I have a vague memory of them being condemned to the bottom division with the severity of the punishment…