Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think it will be that hard to prove. Everyone knew they were falling foul of ffp yet they still were moving crazy in the window. How can they claim

anything else.  

Last season they brought in about 90m from richalison and gordon. If they were truly trying to stick to the rules they would have banked it… but they didn’t they splurged another 70m on signings. plus probably large loan fees that aren’t included in that.

That includes onana for a huge fee. That’s just ignoring the rules with no attempt to get back in line of ffp. 

(id also expect the wages of those coming in was larger than that of the players departing on the whole) 

It’s not hard to point at their summer and ours and highlight that one team is following the rules and one is ignoring them. if you can’t prove that 250m worth of players doesn’t earn 2points than you need a new career 

That they did wrong generally is obvious and easily proven.

That the same wrong affected us directly in a way that is didn't for other clubs not going for a lawsuit, and that they hurt us in a way that other clubs didn't...that will be the problem.

It's not about proving wrongdoing, it's about proving direct damages to our club. I hope we can do it but given the murky works of legalese I don't think it's as cut and dried as some on here think.

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

That they did wrong generally is obvious and easily proven.

That the same wrong affected us directly in a way that is didn't for other clubs not going for a lawsuit, and that they hurt us in a way that other clubs didn't...that will be the problem.

It's not about proving wrongdoing, it's about proving direct damages to our club. I hope we can do it but given the murky works of legalese I don't think it's as cut and dried as some on here think.

Disagree strongly, you should not need to prove anything beyond the confirmed fact that they broke the rules of the organiser. The punishment for breaking those rules is within the gift of the organiser to determine. Don’t think much will happen tbh, but it could based on them simply breaking the rules, not the subsequent impact of the break.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Disagree strongly, you should not need to prove anything beyond the confirmed fact that they broke the rules of the organiser. The punishment for breaking those rules is within the gift of the organiser to determine. Don’t think much will happen tbh, but it could based on them simply breaking the rules, not the subsequent impact of the break.

I would agree with you here, but I'm not sure the law as it stands does.

Lots saying how do we prove their cheating cost us our pl place. Fine, but this will be a civil case for compensation. In a civil court the burden of proof is based on the balance of probability, not beyond reasonable doubt as in a criminal case.

to me, it seems a reasonable argument that by the nature of what they did, ie cheating to improve their squad and therefore chances of success, whereas we stuck to the rules instead of strengthening, it is not too big a leap to correlate the outcome on the balance of probability 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It seems that the EPL or the FA :dunno: have said, "let everyone play a few games, see how well Everton do, and then deduct them a number of points that drags them into the relegation battle, but not quite, since the teams who came up are so bad."

It really does feel like that doesn’t it 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Lots saying how do we prove their cheating cost us our pl place. Fine, but this will be a civil case for compensation. In a civil court the burden of proof is based on the balance of probability, not beyond reasonable doubt as in a criminal case.

to me, it seems a reasonable argument that by the nature of what they did, ie cheating to improve their squad and therefore chances of success, whereas we stuck to the rules instead of strengthening, it is not too big a leap to correlate the outcome on the balance of probability 

Here's hoping the relevant court thinks the same.

I'm surprised they are even talking about appealing. Luton, Sheffield United, and Burnley are bad enough that they could easily stay up, especially if this is used to galvanize their squad. It's a slap on the wrist and could have been worse or still might be if they are sued by us, Leeds and Burnley.  It does make you wonder what is coming for Man City and Chelsea though. 

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Doesn’t it depend when the 3 year period covers, which is the period over which loses are allowed?

So, it’s applied like this for every season. So it’s effectively, your finances 3 years ago in comparison to the season that you’re being judged by. So it’s more the start point of that three years to the end of it, hence why they were found to have complied the season before 2021-2022 if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

I'm surprised they are even talking about appealing. Luton, Sheffield United, and Burnley are bad enough that they could easily stay up, especially if this is used to galvanize their squad. It's a slap on the wrist and could have been worse or still might be if they are sued by us, Leeds and Burnley.  It does make you wonder what is coming for Man City and Chelsea though. 

They will be out of the bottom three fairly quickly. Give it a few weeks and they won’t be far off mid table. 

Media are making a big meal out of it, but I think the PL have been really kind….. they’ve deducted points now, rather than towards the end of the season, and it’s ten? Ten points? In a league as poor as this one it won’t do anything to prevent Everton going down…. They will still be comfortably safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

They will be out of the bottom three fairly quickly. Give it a few weeks and they won’t be far off mid table. 

Media are making a big meal out of it, but I think the PL have been really kind….. they’ve deducted points now, rather than towards the end of the season, and it’s ten? Ten points? In a league as poor as this one it won’t do anything to prevent Everton going down…. They will still be comfortably safe. 

I think the big tell that they will be safe is their hugely superior goal difference. Kind of turns the 10 pt deduction to a 9 pt one.

• Like 1