Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Bristol City (a)

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Well that clearly isn’t going to happen, and Wilf has been good for us this season next to KDH as an 8

Ndidi is an elite breaker-up of the play, a great tackler - or at least he is when at his athletic best, as he has shown in the past. His passing, though, still leaves a lot to be desired. A lot. Granted, he has had his moments as an attacking midfielder this season, but I'm not sold on that being his best position at all.

I think Ricardo is a more inventive, dynamic and threatening player going forward than Ndidi, but again, the '8' role is not natural to him. The fact is we don't have any players other than KDH who truly suit that role. Yunus has the technique but is too fragile and Praet is just - well - Praet.

It's a problem, but I guess that if Maresca is unwilling to alter the system, then Ndidi has to get the nod - if only for the want of better.

31 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I was thinking more from the fatigue point of view & any travelling problems they may have

Fair one mate

I do find Wilf going on international duty weird - he's just back from a long lay off and the last thing we need is him travelling around Africa playing 2 games in 4 days.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2024 at 08:45, AjcW said:

I get good insight on this lot/follow them quite closely because of my mate being a fan. 

The new manager is about a game away from the sack, fans want him gone already. He’s incredibly boring, changed them from a good organised counter attack side into… well no one is quite sure, they started off playing tidy football but most fans saying he has no idea, no identity, tactics are a bag of revels as are team selections! 

Naturally they’re due a good game…

Just put £50 on them to win 3-0 then lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hammo said:

Ndidi is an elite breaker-up of the play, a great tackler - or at least he is when at his athletic best, as he has shown in the past. His passing, though, still leaves a lot to be desired. A lot. Granted, he has had his moments as an attacking midfielder this season, but I'm not sold on that being his best position at all.

I think Ricardo is a more inventive, dynamic and threatening player going forward than Ndidi, but again, the '8' role is not natural to him. The fact is we don't have any players other than KDH who truly suit that role. Yunus has the technique but is too fragile and Praet is just - well - Praet.

It's a problem, but I guess that if Maresca is unwilling to alter the system, then Ndidi has to get the nod - if only for the want of better.

None of them really shines in that role we need - the pacy, creative attacking-minded player who can break the lines and offers a genuine goal threat.

KDH needs that alongside him, Ndidi has done his best, Ricardo is not quite that player and is key in his usual role, Yunus doesn't seem to have it.

We haven't filled the Maddison-shaped hole in the squad.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

None of them really shines in that role we need - the pacy, creative attacking-minded player who can break the lines and offers a genuine goal threat.

KDH needs that alongside him, Ndidi has done his best, Ricardo is not quite there, Yunus doesn't seem to have it.

We haven't filled the Maddison-shaped hole in the squad.

We weren’t realistically going to fill that role I don’t think. Though shame we didn’t get another option.

9 minutes ago, teblin said:

We weren’t realistically going to fill that role I don’t think. Though shame we didn’t get another option.

Oh no, and we've done pretty well with what we have. The squad as is should be perfectly capable of getting the job done this season.

As Guillaume said on the WYS podcast about pacy central defenders who can play out, are hard to beat and offer strength in the air - these players do not play in the Championship.

The Chelsea game showed us more clearly than ever where the weaknesses are. 

I wonder if we'll be able to address them if we go up. Nothing is clear at the moment.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

What I want 

Mads  

Ricardo     Coady          Souttar      Justin 

N’didi 

Winks                  KDH 

Albrighton                                         Mavididi 

Vardy 

What is almost definitely going to be the team 

Mads 

Ricardo        Faes           Vesty        Justin 

Winks 

N’didi               KDH 

Fatawu                                            Mavididi

Vardy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Swap the big Dane for the big Aussie in defence, and pop the big Dane up front at the expense of Daka who is blessed with pace but couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. The big Dane I admit not blessed with pace but can hit the ball straight and true, more than capable of scoring from 30yds, just give him licence to shoot at will and watch the onion bag ripple!

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

What I want 

Mads  

Ricardo     Coady          Souttar      Justin 

N’didi 

Winks                  KDH 

Albrighton                                         Mavididi 

Vardy 

What is almost definitely going to be the team 

Mads 

Ricardo        Faes           Vesty        Justin 

Winks 

N’didi               KDH 

Fatawu                                            Mavididi

Vardy 

Why no Fatawu? 

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Because Faes and Vesty have been brilliant 👌

I don't think they've been good of late, but i would rather have Vesty despite his glacial pace because of his skill on the ball. You either need him or Nelson to break the press and split lines, and Coady or Faes to organize defensively and mop up. 

My personal preference would be Vesty and Coady, but i fully expect it to be Vesty and Faes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the key is, he's got the next two weeks to work with a good chunk of the squad who aren't on International duty and its a good spine of the team if he involves Coady with Ricardo, Justin, Winks, KDH, Fatawu, Mavididi and Vardy.

Coady can only be an asset coming into this fraught looking end to the season, as he is a leader and we have been light in this area for far too long. Just hope that Enzo does as you suggest and integrates him during this mini break.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Faes is out of form, think that’s the nub of it. Just depends if Enzo thinks he can return to his previous form, which was good. Coady has a small sample size (not his fault) so it’s tough to say either way really, but Faes has sure been back his super exciting worst of late, which could be an issue at this end of the season. 

Wont hear a word against Vestergaard this season tbh, he has been beyond reproach unless you put his performance under the smallest of microscopes, and every player is crap under such close scrutiny.

Vestergaard has been brilliant this season, and I completely agree with his ability to break the lines with a pass, however…… since Leeds the inverted fullback hasn’t been working, and we’ve looked quite poor in transition, especially through the centre of the pitch. The problem will forever be Vestergaard’s lack of pace, which though no fault of his own is being exposed at the moment because the fundamentals of our style have gone stale. Faes has been ****ing diabolical of late his head has gone and HAS to be taken out of the side, he’s costing us soft goals and we’ve simply got to have some leadership in the side, I’m frankly baffled that Enzo hasn’t called on him yet…… let’s see if he learns anything this break. 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the key is, he's got the next two weeks to work with a good chunk of the squad who aren't on International duty and its a good spine of the team if he involves Coady with Ricardo, Justin, Winks, KDH, Fatawu, Mavididi and Vardy.

I don´t think these 2 weeks will change anything in relation to Faes and Vestergård. He will play them for the rest of the season irrespective of form....

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Vestergaard has been brilliant this season, and I completely agree with his ability to break the lines with a pass, however…… since Leeds the inverted fullback hasn’t been working, and we’ve looked quite poor in transition, especially through the centre of the pitch. The problem will forever be Vestergaard’s lack of pace, which though no fault of his own is being exposed at the moment because the fundamentals of our style have gone stale. Faes has been ****ing diabolical of late his head has gone and HAS to be taken out of the side, he’s costing us soft goals and we’ve simply got to have some leadership in the side, I’m frankly baffled that Enzo hasn’t called on him yet…… let’s see if he learns anything this break. 

Ricardo and Niddii are the reason we are under performing imo you have said it yourself we are poor through the centre of the pitch.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I don´t think these 2 weeks will change anything in relation to Faes and Vestergård. He will play them for the rest of the season irrespective of form....

If so, I think he really risks the future of this football club. Failure to get promoted and we could be in dire trouble. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ricardo and Niddii are the reason we are under performing imo you have said it yourself we are poor through the centre of the pitch.

Ricardo has been a huge miss. We are so much better with him in the team. 

But we’ve hopefully got them all back for 9 games! Get off to a good start V Bristol and we could see something incredible. 

• Like 2

If it's not going to plan first half ,  I'd get Albrighton on the Wing with Vesty or Soutter up top and just keep hitting him with plenty of crosses.

It's bound to cause plenty of panic in defenses and lead to goals, Which is exactly what we need in games to win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If it's not going to plan first half ,  I'd get Albrighton on the Wing with Vesty or Soutter up top and just keep hitting him with plenty of crosses.

It's bound to cause plenty of panic in defenses and lead to goals, Which is exactly what we need in games to win.

Ooooo!! Clever Fox....

That's a cunning plan.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Ooooo!! Clever Fox....

That's a cunning plan.

What we've been doing clearly hasn't been working lately so we need to try something different.

As we don't have the options within the squad this to me is the next best thing.

With Vardy or Kelechi providing the support role along with KDH capitalizing on winning the knock downs in and around the Box.