Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Bristol City (a)

Hamza and Justin on either side of our centre half pairing could really hamper our ability to play up the field, especially if Bristol press Winks as much as other teams have of late. 

Would it be a terrible idea to play Faes on the left and have him invert from there? I've always thought he's looked more impressive on the front foot, so why not make use of it? I'm not convinced it suits Hamza to invert.

Faes moving wide opens the door for the experience of Coady at a time that demands leadership, too.

Hopefully Ricardo is fit anyway, but it's unlikely he plays two games in 4 days, so we'll need a solution at some point that doesn't involve playing two full backs that are 'progressively challenged'.

Mads

Hamza Coady Vesty Faes

N'didi Winks KDH

Fats Vardy Mav

Madds

Hamza Faes Vesty James 

N'didi Winks KDH

Fatawu                    Mavi 

Vardy 

Must win I've got an orrible feeing about this one (including having a nightmare last night in which we lost horrendously) 

COYB 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

If we lose i do fear. Downward spire fast. For me foxes are just one massive victory to turn this sour run round. If we could land a huge 4-0 win then the confidence boost that will give us plus the message to our promotion rivals "we're not done yet"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If we lose i do fear. Downward spire fast. For me foxes are just one massive victory to turn this sour run round. If we could land a huge 4-0 win then the confidence boost that will give us plus the message to our promotion rivals "we're not done yet"

4 points from two fairly tough away games probably said that

30 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Please not another game of Justin at LB

For the most part he's been fine at LB this season. His pace is essential to cover Vestergaard, especially tomorrow when Bristol City's gameplan will be to hit us on the counter.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Good break for some of the squad, time for others to get fitter and recover. 2 month push lads let’s go we’re all behind you! 

Leicester till I die!! 

We've had a wobble, probably good for a few to get out of the squad environment for a week or two.

Break for others to recharge. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ricey said:

For the most part he's been fine at LB this season. His pace is essential to cover Vestergaard, especially tomorrow when Bristol City's gameplan will be to hit us on the counter.

This.

Needed his pace away at Chelsea to cover Jackson strolling past Vesty. 
Think if he had started there it could have been different. 
Cant afford to play Doyle in the current set up as we are so lacking in pace at the back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Channies6thswan said:

This.

Needed his pace away at Chelsea to cover Jackson strolling past Vesty. 
Think if he had started there it could have been different. 
Cant afford to play Doyle in the current set up as we are so lacking in pace at the back. 

Cant play Doyle tomorrow anyway, but agree with this. Can't play JJ every game though, so Doyle comes into his own when teams dont have pacing wingers.

I often read that Ricardo has made the IRB role HIS own.

He has his qualities.

Hamza's is that of last gasp attack destroying tackles usually as a sub to run games down.

He has a role to play but he really isn't up to the dual role he's being asked to do as opposition have sussed.

Play him as RB or even Faes (to unincorporate Coady) that allows any of the back 4 to step up if allowed. 

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He can’t control or pass a football though 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

He was good at the start of the year but quite bad recently. Hopefully he can rediscover his form.

46 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I often read that Ricardo has made the IRB role HIS own.

He has his qualities.

Hamza's is that of last gasp attack destroying tackles usually as a sub to run games down.

He has a role to play but he really isn't up to the dual role he's being asked to do as opposition have sussed.

Play him as RB or even Faes (to unincorporate Coady) that allows any of the back 4 to step up if allowed. 

Faes would potentially be a great shout, he'd be significantly better at having us progress forwards. We'd lose technical passing, but huge amounts of drive. Hamza can then use his pace to cover Vesty 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Be surprised if Wilf plays tomorrow. Don’t think he’s back from international duty yet. 

And yet every top 6 club has pulled their players out with ‘injuries’

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Be surprised if Wilf plays tomorrow. Don’t think he’s back from international duty yet. 

Annoying the African nations have had a load of friendlies, the AFCON has only just finished.

We really need Ricardo back but if it's better for him to make his comeback against Norwich then he shouldn't start tomorrow. We should be able to beat Bristol City without him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Cant play Doyle tomorrow anyway, but agree with this. Can't play JJ every game though, so Doyle comes into his own when teams dont have pacing wingers.

Why didn't think suspensions carried over or is that only yellows?

Braybrooke and Alves both in first team training, nice to see, bench time for Sammy over the next 4 days I think for sure. Especially if Wilf is missing tomorrow

• Like 1