Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Bristol City (a)

15 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I agree with you! The poster I quoted said about Pearson making changes during the great escape and Ranieri tweaking what Pearson had done so I was just adding to that that Ranieri had made more significant changes to address an area that wasn’t working very well.

I doubt Enzo will change anything. Hopefully if so, it works and we get the job done. End of the day, it’s about results now and I don’t give a damn whether that’s achieved by the same system, tactics and personnel or whether any of those things change!

Sorry bud if the tone of my post came over a bit harsh, ( it wasn't my intention)

I certainly wasn't have a pop you, and with hindsight I could have phrased it a tad better👍

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Sorry bud if the tone of my post came over a bit harsh, ( it wasn't my intention)

I certainly wasn't have a pop you, and with hindsight I could have phrased it a tad better👍

Image of I'd say there's a lot of love in this room.

• Haha 2

This is the sort of game we’ll lose, but hopefully we can build on the four points from Sunderland and Hull away. Not very confident but there’s needs to be a turnaround in performances/results to avoid slipping into the play-offs. That being said, Chelsea was encouraging to an extent.

Edited by AlexFT
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Errr,  how can you say that.?

The book stops with the manager as the saying goes.

He's also paid a shed load of money to get results. Don't forget we were performing wonderfully at the beginning of the season and built up a commanding lead at the top.  Which has now gone. 

We were only planning to strengthen by one player in Jan so the team that has performed so well untill the recent 'blip' hasn't changed radically, yes we have at points missed some keys players due to injuries, suspension etc and some are quoting tiredness as a symptom too , but these factors are not unique to us solely at LCFC and the same things are happening to the other 23 teams in the league as well.  

A good manager finds ways to overcome obstacles,  and adapts to a new situation when it pops up, doing the same thing because it's " the way we play"  now and sticking rigidly too EnzoBall hoping to get a result may not be the best idea.

But, I'd be very surprised that after the international break when we have a largely rested squad with hopefully keys players back (Or even if they are not ) if we see anything different to EnzoBall. 

And if that is the case and it does unravel, he's got no one else to blame.

But what he has got is 9 games to suprise us and do something different, because what he's doing at the moment ain't working.

Yes the book stops with him with regards to results. But he's had to work with restraints since he came in.

Firstly he was appointed late with little time to work with the players, yet he managed to hit the ground running which is to his credit.

He's also had to work with someone else's squad and a few loan players due to the missmanagement by Rogers. In short he's having to clean up someone else's mess.

We were planning on bribging in a few players in January but due to the finances he was limited to one who we badly needed as has been proven.

Yes injuries happen at all Clubs but he's also having to work with a reduced squad due to the number of players who we could'nt move on in the Summer.

Good Managers do find a way to adapt that doesn't mean they should change their beliefs. His system has brought us to where we are which proves the system works.

What's changed is Key players getting injured and his ability to replace them with someone equally as good. While also having to continue to play certain players when

clearly a rest might have served them and us better. 

You're right I don't expect to see him change the system overall but I would like to see him go a little more direct especially when we're losing by using one of the big guys up top.

Something that's proved very effective for us in years gone by with Walsh and Elliott going up top and rescuing games for us.

If it does unravel I certainly would'nt blame him for the reasons mentioned above. I would blame Top and Rudkin for failing him badly and I'd bet he was sold a rosy and brighter

picture of how things really are at the Club. I'd bet he wasn't told we'd little or no money to spend.

To have us top of the League with 9 games to go is a remarkable achievement by Enzo. I don't think we'll fail to get promoted but if we do fail then the blame clearly lies elsewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

I hate clichés but it's really 9 cup finals now. Got to be looking at 24-25 pts starting at Ashton Gate.

No way we need 24-25 points, basically saying both Leeds and Ipswich win every game which won’t happen.

• Like 2

I don't want to see a single pink pamphlet borrowed from Everton fans at this game.

I don't know if it's too late to get permission to do a tifo @Union FS or to do one but I just want to see everyone wearing blue or with scarves, anything blue, to show full support for the club on and off the pitch. This is as much a "Let Slip The Dogs of War" moment than vs Sevilla.

I hope the fans give it the beans for the remaining games and don't let this debacle undermine what has been an incredible season so far. Our teams form has dipped and it's gonna be a tight high pressure end to it. The last thing we need is for this external bullsh*t to creep in to the stands.  

10 hours ago, Ian S said:

No way we need 24-25 points, basically saying both Leeds and Ipswich win every game which won’t happen.

They’re not showing signs of losing many…..

• Like 1

Bristol City aren't that good are they ? Mid table, no chance of the play-offs, no threat of relegation.

Probably the ideal type of team to play right now.

The past week, hopefully, doesn't have too much of an impact on the pitch. 

Enzo has a big part to play, in keeping everyone focused.

Turn up, we win. Simple.

Edited by STEVIE B

On 18/03/2024 at 19:08, Mickyblueeyes said:

Was it Good Friday last year when we got spanked by Fulham and then watched Everton beat Brighton and Forest beat Saints ? Horrible day. 

Let’s hope this Good Friday works out better

Coronation day

IF we get promoted, and I’m by no means sure we will, we simply won’t be able to afford the investment required to make Enzoball work. Probably better to take the money, balance the books and accept our fate. 

This whole sorry episode is entirely down to missing champions league twice and the utter mismanagement of wages and contracts. 

Top clearly cannot see the issues and they are obvious. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KFS said:

Less so… but still ****ed 

Yeah, it's imperative we get promoted. If we do, next season will be a write off of course as we will probably start on at least -10 points, will be forced into a fire sale of our best players in the summer and probably won't be able to sign any new ones, but at least we'll be able to bank the huge slug of cash you get just from being in the PL, followed by 2 years of parachute payments. In addition,  by the time we're relegated again, we should have shed nearly all of the big earners and be able to reset, though no doubt the EFL will still look to punish us again somehow then. 

If we stay down this season, it will by cataclysmic. Our income will be much lower, we'll still have to conduct a fire sale of our best players in the summer and we'll be subject to a transfer ban so won't be able to sign replacements. We'll end up with a points deduction too. So, getting promotion will be near impossible. Following that, parachute payments will end and we'll be into the same vortex as the likes of Stoke and Brum. It does feel like the next 9 games are almost existential for the future of club. 

One thing I wasn't sure about is if we stay down, and get a transfer ban, would we be able to offer extended contracts to players whose contracts are ending this summer? It's a moot point, I know, as we won't be able to afford to offer the kind of terms that these players will want anyway, but it would still be interesting to know. 

• Like 2

I wonder how problems off the pitch are affecting players? Could mean they are more concerned with their own futures than the club’s. Last season key players seemed to lose concentration on the job at hand, and perhaps the same is happening again.

• Like 1

Based on the last few years, this is the exact sort of game we would lose with the pressure on us. If we can get a win it would flip the mentality entirely and put us firmly back in good contention for promotion. On the flip side, dropping points and I see a big struggle for next 8 games after.