Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Bristol City (a)

Have to win. I think it's a slight banana skin as they seem to be one of those sides who can raise their game for a bigger occasion of which we are definitely one of them. They seem to be pretty poor but have a knack of doing well in games they're quite strong underdogs in, which is a bit unnerving.

I think we'll win 0-1.

23 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Not really been keeping tabs on Bristol City since Nige left. Does Kingy still get minutes? 

Be nice to see him and James at some stage of course but no room for sentiment on the result! Must win

From what ive seen Matty James is one of their best players and King doesnt play much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Not really been keeping tabs on Bristol City since Nige left. Does Kingy still get minutes? 

Be nice to see him and James at some stage of course but no room for sentiment on the result! Must win

King started on Saturday. 

James not involved at all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HybridFox said:

I went a few weeks ago. Bristol v Cardiff. King did start, but was pretty anonymous. Think he was in as James injured. So maybe not in the preferred starting 11. Bristol were very average. Tidy until the final third. Then clueless as to creating anything meaningful. They have consistently occupied lower mid table during and post the Pearson era. Make of that what you will. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HybridFox said:

King does get minutes still but his legs have gone. James is injured but was playing superb before this, and as soon as he got injured Bristol's form has dropped off a cliff.

As I've said elsewhere the manager has managed to lose the dressing room and fans in record time.  The bloke is clueless and the football is so boring.

Did beat Southampton though.

In all seriousness if City can't beat this lot then even my natural optimism would die and play offs will be a near certainty. They are that bad at the moment.

• Like 2

I get good insight on this lot/follow them quite closely because of my mate being a fan. 

The new manager is about a game away from the sack, fans want him gone already. He’s incredibly boring, changed them from a good organised counter attack side into… well no one is quite sure, they started off playing tidy football but most fans saying he has no idea, no identity, tactics are a bag of revels as are team selections! 

Naturally they’re due a good game…

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I get good insight on this lot/follow them quite closely because of my mate being a fan. 

The new manager is about a game away from the sack, fans want him gone already. He’s incredibly boring, changed them from a good organised counter attack side into… well no one is quite sure, they started off playing tidy football but most fans saying he has no idea, no identity, tactics are a bag of revels as are team selections! 

This. Manning is an AI bot appointed by idiots.

Reckon if the away fans start singing some Nigel Pearson songs that the whole ground will join in....if they're  not asleep that is.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So what you’re saying is he will get sacked over the break and the new manager will come in and give them a boost and we lose 3-0? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So what you’re saying is he will get sacked over the break and the new manager will come in and give them a boost and we lose 3-0? 

He won't get sacked. The owners are too stubborn to acknowledge that they've made another mistake.

28 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They beat Swansea last home game.

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

King does get minutes still but his legs have gone. James is injured but was playing superb before this, and as soon as he got injured Bristol's form has dropped off a cliff.

As I've said elsewhere the manager has managed to lose the dressing room and fans in record time.  The bloke is clueless and the football is so boring.

Did beat Southampton though.

In all seriousness if City can't beat this lot then even my natural optimism would die and play offs will be a near certainty. They are that bad at the moment.

Is Matty likely to be back for this one? 

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is Matty likely to be back for this one? 

Dunno. He's got achilles issues and he's been out longer than expected already, which is kind of the story of his career sadly.

As well as his calmness on the ball they really miss his leadership on the pitch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We play before Leeds, so what we could do with is a nice big away win, 4,5 or even 6, because then Leeds would have to pretty much match that to overtake us.

Let's start with 0-1 lol, a win is all that matters! If Wilf and Ricardo are back then we should be fine.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how we come out after a near on 2 week break, especially if Ricky & Vardy are back. 

I hope the players take something from the FA cup quarters, coming back from a 2 game deficit and not the end result. 

Should be a good game. 

Any win will do though. Just win. 

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

From what ive seen Matty James is one of their best players and King doesnt play much.

He was one of our best players when he was here too. Such an intelligent player. Though he must have slowed down a lot with all his injuries.

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We play before Leeds, so what we could do with is a nice big away win, 4,5 or even 6, because then Leeds would have to pretty much match that to overtake us.

This is largely a Pearson team we're playing against, They're no mugs, it will be tight enough I expect,   I just hope we come out on top.

Time to rest Wout, for 2 years he has either gone to ground heroically when he hasn't read the game early & well enough and got there too late, blamed others and just made the same mistakes repeatedly for nearly 2 seasons now.

Both Coady and Nelson are better options currently, Coady played 120 mins against Bournemouth A (clean sheet) and looked ok yesterday in a 10, and Nelson is the future.

BUT we did not concede 2 goals this season until mid Dec against Millwall & then Birmingham.

Including Middllesbrough, we have conceded twice in 5 out of the last 7 games & we have stopped scoring heavily, simple maths really tells us we will and have stopped winning games!!!!

Certainly something is wrong at the back AND we have options.

But we need to stop conceding 2 goals a game, reduce that to 1 and we will most of the last 9, starting with this.

Really hard to make out what we're likely to face from their results. There's some bang average results in there but recently given Ipswich a scare, beaten Southampton 3-1, and Leeds only won 1-0 there. Feel like this is one that needs to be 3 points with the fixtures we have remaining.

46 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Really hard to make out what we're likely to face from their results. There's some bang average results in there but recently given Ipswich a scare, beaten Southampton 3-1, and Leeds only won 1-0 there. Feel like this is one that needs to be 3 points with the fixtures we have remaining.

I'd take the Leeds one out as the most one sided 1 0 victory I've ever seen.

They're easily the best team who've rocked up at Ashton Gate this season. Far more impressive than West Ham and Notts Forest were. 

However there is a theme generally as you allude to, that they tend to perform better against teams who come with some intent to play. They're absolutely clueless when faced with teams with a defensive mindset, which seems to be most teams in this league.

I just get the feeling that there's so much animosity and negativity around the Gate at the moment, that I can't see the level of performance being in them anymore that they displayed against Southampton for instance. 

• Like 1