Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Bristol City (a)

57 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What we've been doing clearly hasn't been working lately so we need to try something different.

As we don't have the options within the squad this to me is the next best thing.

With Vardy or Kelechi providing the support role along with KDH capitalizing on winning the knock downs in and around the Box.

Good luck explaining this plan to Enzo 😂😂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Good luck explaining this plan to Enzo 😂😂

Someone should show him a few of our famous videos of Walshy and even Elliott going up top and getting results.

The only thing that matters is the result, not the How we achieved it.

• Like 1

Bristol City seem a strange club, given their apparent ambitions.

Seem to often finish around 12th-14th.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If so, I think he really risks the future of this football club. Failure to get promoted and we could be in dire trouble. 

True - we are in dire straits even if we go up....

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

If it's not going to plan first half ,  I'd get Albrighton on the Wing with Vesty or Soutter up top and just keep hitting him with plenty of crosses.

It's bound to cause plenty of panic in defenses and lead to goals, Which is exactly what we need in games to win.

Bristol City have no pace in the centre of defence but have big, strong defenders who are good in the air.

Not sure this tactic will be very fruitful. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Bristol City seem a strange club, given their apparent ambitions.

Seem to often finish around 12th-14th.

They haven't got any ambition. Well not under the current owners. More interested in the rugby club and building a new basketball arena.

13 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Would love to see Coady and Nelson start instead of Faes and Vesty. For Enzo to show some balls and make the rest of the squad realise no one is guaranteed to start every game. Really can’t see it happening. 

I'd quite like this too, it would be pretty nerve wracking but it does feel like we need something drastic changing in defence. 

At a minimum Coady for Faes would be good to see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Someone should show him a few of our famous videos of Walshy and even Elliott going up top and getting results.

The only thing that matters is the result, not the How we achieved it.

Or the videos of Wes Morgan doing it 200 times to no avail as we lost to teams like Millwall at home

45 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Agree that Coady should come in, but I'd prefer a Faes and Coady partnership despite form of Faes.

Nelson has huge talent but now isn't the time for him.

Enzo won't drop Vestergaard no matter what.

14 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Bristol City have no pace in the centre of defence but have big, strong defenders who are good in the air.

Not sure this tactic will be very fruitful. 

That won’t be an issue for Bristol as we walk the ball out of defence and let the opposition set their deep block

before we attack. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

That won’t be an issue for Bristol as we walk the ball out of defence and let the opposition set their deep block

before we attack. 

........and if they're not ready, we'll pass it backwards a few more times until they are well and truly set.

Same all the time.

Never changes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Or the videos of Wes Morgan doing it 200 times to no avail as we lost to teams like Millwall at home

I think Wes only scored once maybe twice going forward plus he was as slow as the Titanic in turning.

But seriously, We need to do something different if things are not going to plan. Instead of just letting time run out with the same Subs coming on and delivering very little. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, notnow john said:

I’m afraid Enzo won’t do anything different he’s totally committed to his system.

He will simply demand they do it better.

Good luck explaining that to Choudry.

Even our great Nigel had to admit his sytem wasnt working and changed it to pull off the great escape.

It doesn't have to mean abandoning the principle, it just means presently results are more important than the system for now.

Ranieri came in and tweaked Nigel's system to great success and we won the league.

I just hope we don't unravel during the run in because Enzo will get the blame and he doesn't deserve that.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Even our great Nigel had to admit his sytem wasnt working and changed it to pull off the great escape.

It doesn't have to mean abandoning the principle, it just means presently results are more important than the system for now.

Ranieri came in and tweaked Nigel's system to great success and we won the league.

I just hope we don't unravel during the run in because Enzo will get the blame and he doesn't deserve that.

Errr,  how can you say that.?

The book stops with the manager as the saying goes.

He's also paid a shed load of money to get results. Don't forget we were performing wonderfully at the beginning of the season and built up a commanding lead at the top.  Which has now gone. 

We were only planning to strengthen by one player in Jan so the team that has performed so well untill the recent 'blip' hasn't changed radically, yes we have at points missed some keys players due to injuries, suspension etc and some are quoting tiredness as a symptom too , but these factors are not unique to us solely at LCFC and the same things are happening to the other 23 teams in the league as well.  

A good manager finds ways to overcome obstacles,  and adapts to a new situation when it pops up, doing the same thing because it's " the way we play"  now and sticking rigidly too EnzoBall hoping to get a result may not be the best idea.

But, I'd be very surprised that after the international break when we have a largely rested squad with hopefully keys players back (Or even if they are not ) if we see anything different to EnzoBall. 

And if that is the case and it does unravel, he's got no one else to blame.

But what he has got is 9 games to suprise us and do something different, because what he's doing at the moment ain't working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Not to forget Ranieri made big changes to things around October when we had been shipping goals so it wasn’t just initial tweaks to Pearson’s.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not to forget Ranieri made big changes to things around October when we had been shipping goals so it wasn’t just initial tweaks to Pearson’s.

But he was willing to make changes to try and address a problem..

Does anyone see Enzo being flexible to do something different, like Raniri, to sort out our blip.....?

47 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

But he was willing to make changes to try and address a problem..

Does anyone see Enzo being flexible to do something different, like Raniri, to sort out our blip.....?

I agree with you! The poster I quoted said about Pearson making changes during the great escape and Ranieri tweaking what Pearson had done so I was just adding to that that Ranieri had made more significant changes to address an area that wasn’t working very well.

I doubt Enzo will change anything. Hopefully if so, it works and we get the job done. End of the day, it’s about results now and I don’t give a damn whether that’s achieved by the same system, tactics and personnel or whether any of those things change!