Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

There is or was a tendency for some fans to look at the teams in this division and say we aren't good but surely we can beat this team or that team. Unfortunately it is becoming clear that we are seriously so awful that anybody can turn us over.

Posted

Can’t be many wins in the last 100 games, hurtling towards another drop, don’t know how to win ugly, and those at the top don’t care. 
 

It’s always stuck in my mind, that reaction that our dozy owner gave upon our fate being sealed last season, the cameras panned to him at the final whistle and his body language was a mix of surprise and half arsed disappointment, like he thought we would win 5-0 and somehow it would be worth 6 points to beat the drop.
 

Throw in the ‘we promote next season’ nonsense and we have a very dangerous man at the top that is so far off the pace in all aspects of running any business, it’s frightening to think where the next 6 months could take us. 

Posted
55 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

At least she already has a broader vocabulary than Aiyawatt

I'm teaching her with videos of Russell Martin press conferences. Wanted to start with something simple and meaningless. 

  • Haha 2
Posted
2 hours ago, sm1 said:

We need around 50pts to be certain of avoiding relegation. Honestly,  I don't we'll get there under Russell.

There's 4 relegation places in League One so I would say 55 points. I agree with you, we don't get there under RM. 

Posted

Glad I took the 33/1 price when it was on offer. 16’s now and will only shrink. If that muppet stays in charge it’s only going one way I’m afraid.

Posted

They say professional footballers live in their own bubble, it seems everyone at our club lives in a bubble, seemingly not caring as the club continues it's free fall.

 

You'd think someone would come out and say they're aware how desperate the situation is and everyone is fighting to improve things and that they'll keep the fans informed of what they're doing and how they're trying to get us moving forward again....but all we get is silence.

Posted
2 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Can’t be many wins in the last 100 games, hurtling towards another drop, don’t know how to win ugly, and those at the top don’t care. 
 

It’s always stuck in my mind, that reaction that our dozy owner gave upon our fate being sealed last season, the cameras panned to him at the final whistle and his body language was a mix of surprise and half arsed disappointment, like he thought we would win 5-0 and somehow it would be worth 6 points to beat the drop.
 

Throw in the ‘we promote next season’ nonsense and we have a very dangerous man at the top that is so far off the pace in all aspects of running any business, it’s frightening to think where the next 6 months could take us. 

I read somewhere but can’t find it now that we’ve won something like 20 games out the last 93 league games since Enzo promoted us. So what’s that, roughly 1 game every 4.5 or 2 in 9 if you round it up 

  • Thanks 1
Posted

33/1?

 

I’ve got 66/1! Money trouble (i.e points deduction) + Martin + a rebuild was enough to make me think the market just hasn’t priced in his shit our owner and DoF are

Posted
3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

 

Maddison was a very good player. Head up his arse though in terms of overall footballing awareness and fan engagement, 

Posted
3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I never expected us to be in the promotion picture this season but I thought surely, at this level, lower midtable at least. 
 

But we are genuinely so so poor. It’s not even the teams you’d expect at the top completely turning us over at home. 
 

Well on the cards this.

Yet we go and beat top of the league Plymouth (very fortuitously I hasten to add) and win away at a decent Stockport side! However that's no good if you're getting heavily turned over by a team who came down with us the other week and likewise today against a side with only one win under their belt up to today though, R.Savage 'new bounce' or not! The only logical change for me is to payh off RM and get a proven manager in at this level in D.Challinor but would he want to come??

Posted
Just now, Great Boos Up said:

I was under the impression that if we don’t go up we fold so relegation is meaningless 

You've been reading too much Foxestalk then

Posted

Possible,  but I think we are just less shit enough to stay up.

 

The fact we are even discussing this tells you how pathetic Martin ball and our ownership is.

 

Posted (edited)

My worry with us is that I genuinely don’t think there’s that many players who are actually that good even at this level. Ok you have Page, but he’s young and JJ (injured) but honestly hand on heart. Are we 100% sure that this team is actually fit for purpose despite the ‘experience’ within it? 

ALL of our fit GK’s are for the majority of their pro careers reserve keepers at whatever level they’ve played at. McCarthy can’t use his feet. A bizarre signing for Martinball. 


At fullback Thomas and Coulibaly are really struggling and we have seen enough to reasonably say they aren’t capable even at this level. Aluko is young but he looks better as a winger and incapable of defending one on ones.

 

Souttar is a back 3 specialist. Not enough mobility to play in a 4. O’Hora looks out of his depth and Okoli a proven liability. Kanga is young and looks promising but very naive at the moment. 
 

In midfield other than the quality of Page, Lundstram looks way off it and his legs may have gone. Braybrooke is quality on the ball but lightweight and can’t defend. Reid/Cullen - utterly anonymous. Chaplin and Smallbone can’t stay fit. Doyle shows promise but lacks explosive pace. 


At winger Alves looks good but very lightweight. Watson unconvincing at best. Howell looks good but lightweight and lacks pace. Burns looks like his legs have gone. 

 

Riis looks useful upfront but Bristric looks like he should be playing for our U21 side. 
 

All in all, a manager with an unconvincing record (a record that doesn’t back up his philosophy) is in charge of a team that is pretty bang average when you list them out. 
 

Edited by funkyrobot
Posted
5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

In the past, posts like this i would have shook my head and thought HYPERBOLE. But after watching us this season, it really is on the cards. And whats worse, is with the current regime remaining in charge, who says it doesn't get even worse.

 

 

Absolutely spot on, Suzie. I'd go so far as to state that Top doesn't give a toss where the club ends up, which is just one step from actively sabotaging the club. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I said it before the season started. We've conceded goals at such a crazy rate for 4 years now and we've done nothing to stop that. If anything, it's worse. I genuinely believe that could well be the worst back 4 that has ever started for Leicester City today.

 

I should add. I'm not impressed one bit by the recruitment. Some were criticising any poster who dared to suggest that some of our signings looked distinctly over the hill and that they were given longer-than-necessary contracts. So far those of us who has serious reservations have been proven right. Chapiin's never fit. Burns is shit. O'Hora is terrible, Lundstram looks past it - don't even get me started on McCarthy.

 

It's a cluster**** 

The amount of sarcastic "he's too old" type posts on here as if we weren't absolutely right, as per every time.

 

The summer = utter disaster. A hell of a load more of the same rubbish.

  • Like 1
Posted
5 hours ago, Mint23 said:

I got us at 33/1 for relegation as soon as they announced RM as manager.  People laughed at me but if he’s still in the job I’m quids in. 

66/1 here after Notts County. Far too big to leave for a club in perpetual tailspin.

Posted (edited)

We probably need another relegation in all honestly, it will make KP sell for less, and thats the "only" important thing right now.

 

I will say it again, owner change is more important than footballing results at the moment.  More important than promotion/relegation 100%.

I can see a promotion hurting us as it may take the club of the market.

 

As for betting, I couldnt do it when I wanted to, for some reason pre season only one bookie was offering relegation odds, and their site was scuffed so couldnt place it, as a result, I now see anything lower than 50/1 as bad value, as that was the odds I wanted to place.  If I dont see 50/1 no bet will be placed, and I expect those odds arent coming back now.

Edited by Chrysalis

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...