Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It's me birthday today, but suffering twice briefly today with antibiotic side effects of nausea the doc told me I'd experience. Went to a walk in centre on Sunday due to a MAN PROBLEM which worried me so got checked out. Turns out it's a common issue but because men don't talk about it, it wasn't something I'd ever heard of!

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Reading instructions, when assembling something you bought from Ikea?

I agree it is a very common fault with guys :giggle:

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

You came across a woman's clitoris? :ph34r:

The gals ganging up on you mate ...   disgraceful ! ...   :)

P.S.  Deb ..   whats a clitoris ?? ...   :mellow:

• Haha 1

Back from a lovely week away in a luxurious resort, south of Turkey.

I'm walking up the street to my house, suitcase in hand, to find a lady pressed up against a street-level XOYO billboard, passionately making out with it. Lower face covered in black London traffic tar and everything. 

Great to see that romance in the city hasn't died whilst I was away.

Edited by RoboFox

On 06/10/2018 at 20:41, Izzy Muzzett said:

After being dropped in the shit earlier in the week and having to train a bunch of under 10 lads on my own for the first time, today was my first match in my new official role as Assistant Coach :yahoo:

Feeling quite excited to learn off the main coach and see how he runs a match day, I headed off on the 60 minute drive to the away game with my lad and his mate. Then my phone pings and it's a message from him "Hi mate, sorry to drop you in the shit again but I can't make it today, you're on your own - good luck".

So I rock up at the game and meet all the kids and their parents, all looking at me for direction and what to do :dunno: Talk about winging it, I just made it up as I went along and went with my instinct. Decided to change their formation and just be super positive and encouraging after they'd lost their previous matches 4-0, 11-1 & 16-0 so far this season.

We ended up narrowly losing 3-2 but I was so proud of em for working hard and keeping their heads up. Nice to get loads of messages from the soccer mums afterwards telling me how great I was lol

Got a text from the main coach afterwards saying well done, but I could tell it was through gritted teeth :D

So in further developments, the head coach has now decided to jack it in completely and leave me to run the U10’s on my own this season :o (not really what I signed up for!)

Apparently some of the parents rang the club owner/chairman and complained about him being over aggressive and upsetting the kids so he’s fvcked it off completely lol

I’m off to collect all the balls, bibs and his ‘coach’ jacket from him now before training later - could be a bit awkward :unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So in further developments, the head coach has now decided to jack it in completely and leave me to run the U10’s on my own this season :o (not really what I signed up for!)

Apparently some of the parents rang the club owner/chairman and complained about him being over aggressive and upsetting the kids so he’s fvcked it off completely lol

I’m off to collect all the balls, bibs and his ‘coach’ jacket from him now before training later - could be a bit awkward :unsure:

One step away from city! Gwon coach!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If you swap the Kop with the family stand, results and atmosphere will improve.

On 06/10/2018 at 20:41, Izzy Muzzett said:

After being dropped in the shit earlier in the week and having to train a bunch of under 10 lads on my own for the first time, today was my first match in my new official role as Assistant Coach :yahoo:

Feeling quite excited to learn off the main coach and see how he runs a match day, I headed off on the 60 minute drive to the away game with my lad and his mate. Then my phone pings and it's a message from him "Hi mate, sorry to drop you in the shit again but I can't make it today, you're on your own - good luck".

So I rock up at the game and meet all the kids and their parents, all looking at me for direction and what to do :dunno: Talk about winging it, I just made it up as I went along and went with my instinct. Decided to change their formation and just be super positive and encouraging after they'd lost their previous matches 4-0, 11-1 & 16-0 so far this season.

We ended up narrowly losing 3-2 but I was so proud of em for working hard and keeping their heads up. Nice to get loads of messages from the soccer mums afterwards telling me how great I was lol

Got a text from the main coach afterwards saying well done, but I could tell it was through gritted teeth :D

SMILFs ? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Best of luck, Howie.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What would you like to do, ideally?

Go back to pastoral work.

Previously worked with secondary school aged students then moved away for a few years to work in University accomdation.

Hope to get a role ideally at one of the two University's in Sheffield.

That or run a printing business. 

• Like 1

Pretty rubbish. I saw the doctor yesterday about my blood tests, and apparently my haemoglobin level is elevated, the opposite of being anaemic. He said it's rare, and it's a good indication of leukaemia or at least the precursor to it. He's put me on the cancer pathway and now I'm just waiting to hear. Even typing the words is terrifying. I asked if it was possible it is something else, but I didn't really get an answer, I don't think he knew as he said he'd never seen it before. I have no other symptoms which must be good though. 

I'm only posting here because my other half is refusing to talk about it until anything is definite, but my whole world feels like it has tilted on its axis and I feel like I need to tell someone, even if it's you lot. 

I have resisted the urge to Google as I don't want to scare myself any further, but I swing between being really positive and then really tearful. The waiting and not knowing is really shit, but at least it's not bad news yet. 

We're off to Normandy on Sunday for the week so I'm going to try and put it to the back of my mind and enjoy it, we've also booked to go to Malta at the beginning of November and I don't want anything to spoil that either but I will have been seen by then, it's no more than a 2 week wait. 

Anyway honestly not looking for anything, just needed to get it out. Sorry to bring the thread down, probably should have posted in the depression thread.. 

• Sad 5

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Pretty rubbish. I saw the doctor yesterday about my blood tests, and apparently my haemoglobin level is elevated, the opposite of being anaemic. He said it's rare, and it's a good indication of leukaemia or at least the precursor to it. He's put me on the cancer pathway and now I'm just waiting to hear. Even typing the words is terrifying. I asked if it was possible it is something else, but I didn't really get an answer, I don't think he knew as he said he'd never seen it before. I have no other symptoms which must be good though. 

I'm only posting here because my other half is refusing to talk about it until anything is definite, but my whole world feels like it has tilted on its axis and I feel like I need to tell someone, even if it's you lot. 

I have resisted the urge to Google as I don't want to scare myself any further, but I swing between being really positive and then really tearful. The waiting and not knowing is really shit, but at least it's not bad news yet. 

We're off to Normandy on Sunday for the week so I'm going to try and put it to the back of my mind and enjoy it, we've also booked to go to Malta at the beginning of November and I don't want anything to spoil that either but I will have been seen by then, it's no more than a 2 week wait. 

Anyway honestly not looking for anything, just needed to get it out. Sorry to bring the thread down, probably should have posted in the depression thread.. 

Bloody hell Deb, sorry to hear that :(

I've only ever heard of people who smoke having high haemoglobin levels but I'm sure there's many other reasons for it. Maybe the Doctor was just giving you the worst case scenario? 

Remember you're in the best hands and in the care of experts. Try and enjoy your holiday if you can and I know all of us on FT will have our fingers crossed for you.

Take care :fc:

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That doesn't sound good. I hope it turns out to be a false alarm for you.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Sorry to hear your news.

We are one big family here and if it helps you to share that’s a good thing.

Fingers crossed its all ok

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Very sorry to hear this and i can imagine the not knowing is the scary part. Good on you for not googling this as you always get the worst case scenarios. However i did have a quick look and found some positives. One of them being;- 

'A high hemoglobin count in the absence of any other abnormalities is unlikely to be related to any condition of concern. '

*Fingers Crossed* 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1