Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The bacon Big mac ad. 

Literally nobody cares. Not a single person will be outraged by bacon being in a big mac. Most of the country couldn't have told you if it was there in the first place. 

The halal ones wouldn't like it

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Falling asleep on the sofa for most of the evening, especially a Friday evening, and then waking up at 11pm and wrongly thinking you’re going to have a good nights’ sleep

Oh man I hate falling asleep on the sofa for an hour or more, by the time you've made it upstairs you're fully awake and it's a massive slog getting back to sleep, then feel like dirt in the morning

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Falling asleep on the sofa for most of the evening, especially a Friday evening, and then waking up at 11pm and wrongly thinking you’re going to have a good nights’ sleep

Shut it Ox. Simply down a metric ton of quaaludes or craft your bestest dube of pure opiated black...anxiety solved and you don't need to worry about waking up tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Oh man I hate falling asleep on the sofa for an hour or more, by the time you've made it upstairs you're fully awake and it's a massive slog getting back to sleep, then feel like dirt in the morning

Coming on and off night shifts is the worst, I finished nights thursday morning but I still woke up at 2am last night and been awake since, now I'll feel like grumpy wet shit all day.

29 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

There’s a lad who has just started where I work who keeps telling me when he’s going toilet. He’s been here a few weeks now and it’s Pissing me off. Don’t want to offend him but I don’t give a Shit . I don’t tell him when I’m going toilet. Just really annoys me. 

I see what you did there  ...    very clever ...   :thumbup:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Foie gras is bloody delicious but I'm 100% for banning the stuff, it's barbaric. 

If anyone orders that when I’m out I pin them on the floor and force bread rolls down their throat ...  

Normally does the trick ..

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

There’s a lad who has just started where I work who keeps telling me when he’s going toilet. He’s been here a few weeks now and it’s pissing me off. Don’t want to offend him but I don’t give a shit. I don’t tell him when I’m going toilet. Just really annoys me. 

He’s probably still a bit nervous and unsure of the rules/culture at his new workplace. Maybe he thinks it’s good manners and he’s being polite telling you his every whereabouts. You could just have a quiet word with him and explain it’s unnecessary to tell you when he’s off for a piss and you trust he’s being genuine?

21 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

There’s a lad who has just started where I work who keeps telling me when he’s going toilet. He’s been here a few weeks now and it’s pissing me off. Don’t want to offend him but I don’t give a shit. I don’t tell him when I’m going toilet. Just really annoys me. 

19 hours ago, Izzy said:

He’s probably still a bit nervous and unsure of the rules/culture at his new workplace. Maybe he thinks it’s good manners and he’s being polite telling you his every whereabouts. You could just have a quiet word with him and explain it’s unnecessary to tell you when he’s off for a piss and you trust he’s being genuine?

I've been in my job for over 30 years and the culture of micromanagement is so bad now I have to both tell my manager and record the time taken on the computer system. Take too long for breaks and questions are asked, not good when you have IBS and pick up a diarrhoea bug.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I've been in my job for over 30 years and the culture of micromanagement is so bad now I have to both tell my manager and record the time taken on the computer system. Take too long for breaks and questions are asked, not good when you have IBS and pick up a diarrhoea bug.

Modern working practices eh!!

You read about all these people working from home, not possible for me due to the nature of my job, flexible working hours, again not really possible in my role, and then you hear about companies like this.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkie Bennett said:

For some reason, reading this instantly pissed me off!! Unless you’re on obscene amounts of money, I would be looking around mate. That’s ridiculous. 

The use of the word 'toxic'. I'm sick of hearing it tbh.

If anyone criticizes the players, Puel, atmosphere or anything, it's described as being 'toxic'.

It's bollux.