Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm still waiting for the commentators who apologise if we heard any offensive language to repeat the offensive language we're supposed to be offended by.

Just tell us who the "useless piece of fvcking shit" actually is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That Olay advert.

I don't get it? Why is it 'over' for that guy's girlfriend lol 

I had to Google it because I hadn't seen it. It's a two parter and you've seen the second. They're doing a skin age challenge or something and he lost.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I had to Google it because I hadn't seen it. It's a two parter and you've seen the second. They're doing a skin age challenge or something and he lost.

I know. I saw both parts. 

I still don't get what's over though? He found out his girlfriend uses a cream to make her skin soft. So?! 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know. I saw both parts. 

I still don't get what's over though? He found out his girlfriend uses a cream to make her skin soft. So?! 

I'm guessing he means the challenge is over because he going to beat her?

39 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Those that think money means more happiness in life that it can allegedly bring.

I could definitely be ok with someone paying off my mortgage wouldnt be sad about it one bit.

Think it depends on your motives with the cash? If you think you are going to live like a rock star and ladies want you (or gents or both whatever floats your boat) then it might be a bit misguided. If you could use the cash to pay off debt or stop drowning from it then it would help the happy meter no doubt.

Family issues, friend issues, health etc will always be there. Heck lack of work, career advances can always remain. Now if you won 50 million i suppose you wouldn't have to worry but then you've got other problems.......like hanging out without friends during the days because they actually have to work for a living etc.  "Mo" money can definitely lead to "mo" problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Those that think money means more happiness in life that it can allegedly bring.

I'll go further than that - I think the pursuit of money often brings unhappiness.

I'm pretty sure indigenous peoples in the Americas and Oceana had happy, fulfilling lives before contact with Europeans, and they had no concept of money.

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'll go further than that - I think the pursuit of money often brings unhappiness.

I'm pretty sure indigenous peoples in the Americas and Oceana had happy, fulfilling lives before contact with Europeans, and they had no concept of money.

Reminds me of a (probably fake but still entertaining) quote I saw on reddit the other day. 

0f516c88360ba1de109716757eee00a2--americ

In the end the equation is far more complicated than money = happiness. But as someone who has been poor as shit and a bit past comfortable over the course of a relationship I'd take the latter every time, but I highly doubt it would mean so much without the better half cheering/pushing me to "success". 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Reminds me of a (probably fake but still entertaining) quote I saw on reddit the other day. 

0f516c88360ba1de109716757eee00a2--americ

In the end the equation is far more complicated than money = happiness. But as someone who has been poor as shit and a bit past comfortable over the course of a relationship I'd take the latter every time, but I highly doubt it would mean so much without the better half cheering/pushing me to "success". 

Sure, being poor in a monetary system is crap.

But too many people see the endless pursuit of money as an end in itself; when you have enough, the most valuable commodity you then have is time, and imo time is better spent on many other things than chasing unneeded wealth.

17 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Good enough is nearly always good enough

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Mountain climbers, specifically Mt Everest climbers. Its been done, it is being done daily... I dont care.

BTW, Money - "Good enough is nearly always good enough"

Good enough is nearly always good enough. 

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Mountain climbers, specifically Mt Everest climbers. Its been done, it is being done daily... I dont care.

BTW, Money - "Good enough is nearly always good enough"

You'd brag if you got to shag either J-Lo or Kim K's mount everest bootys lol

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

You'd brag if you got to shag either J-Lo or Kim K's mount everest bootys lol

Not if i was number 47 in the queue for that day :)

image.jpeg.e4a4bec11194439ef8af1c2f73db01e6.jpeg

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 2

Grown adults (usually women around the ages of 18-30) who are still obsessed by Disney. I'm not talking about liking Toy Story, who the hell doesn't it's one of the greatest set of films ever, but those that are almost infantalised by the whole thing. Each to their own, naturally, but I just don't understand intelligent human beings spending their working wage on utter corporate tat and spending hundreds/thousands of pounds going to Disneyland/world every year. Then having their photos taken with some dude on minimum wage in a suit. I completely get it when you have children, but outside of that and past the age of say 16 I just don't get it. 

I guess you could easily change the above to something like  'adults obsessed by football. I don't understand intelligent human beings buying football memorabilia and spending so much many travelling to football grounds' but IT'S DIFFERENT :ph34r:.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Israel Folau. What a cvnt. 

Man is unbelievably wealthy, has a huge property portfolio to fall back on now he's lost his contract with rugby Australia which made him the highest paid player in the sport, not to mention his endorsements. 

The man has started a GoFundMe for the general public to pay for his legal battle with rugby Australia, for which he's got zero chance of winning, the whole world knows he breached his contract. To be honest, he probably did it deliberately and knowingly, it's got Jeremy Clarkson punching a producer to leave the BEEB and get a massive Amazon contract written all over it. 

Last check it was up to about 300k.

Any celebrity that's taking money via donations from the public for themselves, not for a charity or cause, is a ****ing cancer. When did we get so backwards that average joes were just handing over cash to celebs?

Didn't someone set up a gofundme to make Kylie Jenner a billionaire? Rancid. What is wrong with people? 

The world is getting really weird these days and I don't like it. It's live we're living in an episode of black mirror.

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Israel Folau. What a cvnt. 

Man is unbelievably wealthy, has a huge property portfolio to fall back on now he's lost his contract with rugby Australia which made him the highest paid player in the sport, not to mention his endorsements. 

The man has started a GoFundMe for the general public to pay for his legal battle with rugby Australia, for which he's got zero chance of winning, the whole world knows he breached his contract. To be honest, he probably did it deliberately and knowingly, it's got Jeremy Clarkson punching a producer to leave the BEEB and get a massive Amazon contract written all over it. 

Last check it was up to about 300k.

Any celebrity that's taking money via donations from the public for themselves, not for a charity or cause, is a ****ing cancer. When did we get so backwards that average joes were just handing over cash to celebs?

Didn't someone set up a gofundme to make Kylie Jenner a billionaire? Rancid. What is wrong with people? 

I almost think he's done it more for the show of support/ego trip than the finances so he can think something along the lines of 'if I received 300k then my views are worth that / its proof the public agree with me' or some twisted logic like that.

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I almost think he's done it more for the show of support/ego trip than the finances so he can think something along the lines of 'if I received 300k then my views are worth that / its proof the public agree with me' or some twisted logic like that.

I think it's probably both. He's always been very money focused and I think it's a clever ploy to keep up his income. 

But you're right, I also think it's about the cult of Izzy. 

This makes me smile though. For those that don't know, Drew Mitchell is an ex Wallaby and Waratah same as Izzy. He's been very vocal about Folau since it all broke. 

Drew Mitchell (@drew_mitchell) Tweeted:
YOU are in a fight that YOU chose to be in after YOU broke the terms of YOUR contract, the kids below are in a fight they NEVER wanted to be in & yet YOU think YOU deserve donations more than they do??!!

It’s no longer about religion, it’s about YOU and YOUR greed.
@IzzyFolau ??‍♂️ https://t.co/mdywzaw1ha

Folau's disclaimer reads: "In making this contribution I acknowledge that my contributions are made freely as a gift on the basis previously affirmed and that there will be no obligations on Israel Folau to do anything for me in recognition of the gift or to apply the funds in any particular way with respect to his legal action, and that I hold no expectation to receive anything in return for my contribution."

:revenge:

Edited by Finnegan