Jump to content
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

I also think it's about the cult of Izzy.  

 

How do I join? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

 

I also think it's about the cult of Izzy. 

 

Spelling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Izzy said:

How do I join? :D

 

Spam social media with complaints about oppression of religion and free speech while implying that, whilst you absolutely do love everyone, the gays ARE going to hell. You don't hate them, you just want to help them because bumsex is for Satan. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stinging nettles. Up in Halifax visiting one of my mates from school for the weekend and went walking in the hills (with a few pub stops en route) and been fvcked by them all over my shins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stinging nettles. Up in Halifax visiting one of my mates from school for the weekend and went walking in the hills (with a few pub stops en route) and been fvcked by them all over my shins. 

 

Find a dock leaf and rub it into the welts, Stan (they usually grow near nettles - one of nature's little quirks).

 

Alternatively, nettle sting is formic acid, so apply an alkaline to neutralize it (milk, is probably the most readily available).

 

dock-.jpg

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buce said:

 

Find a dock leaf and rub it into the welts, Stan (they usually grow near nettles - one of nature's little quirks).

 

Alternatively, nettle sting is formic acid, so apply an alkaline to neutralize it (milk, is probably the most readily available).

 

dock-.jpg

Back at the house now but totally forgot about the Dock leaf thing. I always thought lemon juice did the trick but it's been years since I've been stung. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beliall said:

bloody hell its gonna be shingles all over again

Who had shingles? Were they okay? Hope they didn't make a fuss of it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Back at the house now but totally forgot about the Dock leaf thing. I always thought lemon juice did the trick but it's been years since I've been stung. 

 

Lemon juice is acidic, so won't work - milk, diluted baking soda, or even toothpaste will all help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV Licence

 

I cancelled mine last year and am legally licence free, yet they write to you as if your guilty of watching TV and have to prove your innocence. They throw all sorts of sh!t at you... inspecting your TV equipment, court cases, doorstep visits.... they have no rights to enter your property.

 

You only need a TV licence if you watch or record live broadcast TV on any channel, via any means (aerial, satellite, cable, online), or BBC iPlayer. Anything else doesn't need a licence... so Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV, YouTube, any catchup service that isn't iPlayer, games console, DVD / Bluray player, radio (including BBC radio)... no licence required. You don't need a licence to own a TV. I've disconnected my aerial and only have a PC and bluray player connected to my TV.

 

Its just an outdated tax in an era of catchup services and online streaming, let the BBC go commercial. As much as I like Lineker, a £1M+ pay packet funded by the TV tax  for a few hours on a saturday for MOTD is BS.

 

Rant over... I'm off to watch BBC-made Only Fools And Horses on Netflix totally legally without a licence.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

TV Licence

 

I cancelled mine last year and am legally licence free, yet they write to you as if your guilty of watching TV and have to prove your innocence. They throw all sorts of sh!t at you... inspecting your TV equipment, court cases, doorstep visits.... they have no rights to enter your property.

 

You only need a TV licence if you watch or record live broadcast TV on any channel, via any means (aerial, satellite, cable, online), or BBC iPlayer. Anything else doesn't need a licence... so Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV, YouTube, any catchup service that isn't iPlayer, games console, DVD / Bluray player, radio (including BBC radio)... no licence required. You don't need a licence to own a TV. I've disconnected my aerial and only have a PC and bluray player connected to my TV.

 

Its just an outdated tax in an era of catchup services and online streaming, let the BBC go commercial. As much as I like Lineker, a £1M+ pay packet funded by the TV tax  for a few hours on a saturday for MOTD is BS.

 

Rant over... I'm off to watch BBC-made Only Fools And Horses on Netflix totally legally without a licence.

 

You sir are a badass lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it still Capita that come knocking at your door insisting they have a signed warrant to search your premises? They're a bunch of ***** who have no rights to enter your property with any warrant (as you mentioned) as it's a civil complaint by a private company, not a criminal one. 

 

I remember watching a few videos on YouTube of people standing up to their bullying tactics at their front doors. The police come with them as well, another intimidation tactic, but they can only keep the peace, not do anything on their behalf. 

 

Stick to your guns and tell them to **** off! 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Is it still Capita that come knocking at your door insisting they have a signed warrant to search your premises? They're a bunch of ***** who have no rights to enter your property with any warrant (as you mentioned) as it's a civil complaint by a private company, not a criminal one. 

 

I remember watching a few videos on YouTube of people standing up to their bullying tactics at their front doors. The police come with them as well, another intimidation tactic, but they can only keep the peace, not do anything on their behalf. 

 

Stick to your guns and tell them to **** off! 

Yeah so long as you're clued up they can't do anything. Unfortunately I've seen examples of the police assisting the bailiffs and not really understanding their role as peace keepers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Stinging nettles. Up in Halifax visiting one of my mates from school for the weekend and went walking in the hills (with a few pub stops en route) and been fvcked by them all over my shins. 

Well if you will go into bushes with other men you're bound to get a little pr*ck or two

Edited by foxfanazer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having Fibre broadband in our village really grinds my gears. It's a constant battle for bandwidth in our house.

 

The wife moaning that Netflix keeps buffering on her i-pad, my daughter moaning that FaceTime keeps losing connection on her phone, and my son moaning that Fortnite keeps lagging on the PS4.

 

The Openreach website says there's no plans for Fibre in our village. We're out in the sticks so I guess not a priority. 

 

First world problems I know, but it does my head in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Is it still Capita that come knocking at your door insisting they have a signed warrant to search your premises? They're a bunch of ***** who have no rights to enter your property with any warrant (as you mentioned) as it's a civil complaint by a private company, not a criminal one. 

 

I remember watching a few videos on YouTube of people standing up to their bullying tactics at their front doors. The police come with them as well, another intimidation tactic, but they can only keep the peace, not do anything on their behalf. 

 

Stick to your guns and tell them to **** off! 

Yeah, I just don't answer the door to them and ignore their threat letters. Watched plenty of YouTube videos of goons getting told to do one. I saw one video where the TVL goon said you needed a TV licence if you have a broadband connection, as it's able to stream live TV. These fvckers will say anything to get their £20 commission for a sale. They will have a field day knocking on over 75s doors next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Syrup said:

TV Licence

 

I cancelled mine last year and am legally licence free, yet they write to you as if your guilty of watching TV and have to prove your innocence. They throw all sorts of sh!t at you... inspecting your TV equipment, court cases, doorstep visits.... they have no rights to enter your property.

 

You only need a TV licence if you watch or record live broadcast TV on any channel, via any means (aerial, satellite, cable, online), or BBC iPlayer. Anything else doesn't need a licence... so Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV, YouTube, any catchup service that isn't iPlayer, games console, DVD / Bluray player, radio (including BBC radio)... no licence required. You don't need a licence to own a TV. I've disconnected my aerial and only have a PC and bluray player connected to my TV.

 

Its just an outdated tax in an era of catchup services and online streaming, let the BBC go commercial. As much as I like Lineker, a £1M+ pay packet funded by the TV tax  for a few hours on a saturday for MOTD is BS.

 

Rant over... I'm off to watch BBC-made Only Fools And Horses on Netflix totally legally without a licence.

 

I'm pretty sure you can watch a few channels live with the Now TV Entertainment Pass. If you use that, I'm not sure if you can prove that you're not watching live TV through it, but with the same logic I'm not sure they can prove that you are :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Not having Fibre broadband in our village really grinds my gears. It's a constant battle for bandwidth in our house.

 

The wife moaning that Netflix keeps buffering on her i-pad, my daughter moaning that FaceTime keeps losing connection on her phone, and my son moaning that Fortnite keeps lagging on the PS4.

 

The Openreach website says there's no plans for Fibre in our village. We're out in the sticks so I guess not a priority. 

 

First world problems I know, but it does my head in.

sounds bad, tell the daughter to stop facetiming because its a bandwidth hog. whats wrong with a phone call? should make things  a little better

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasps.

 

It's genuinely past time there was a world wide collective effort to make these ugly little ****s extinct. 

 

Nest troubles last year, got all the shits killed, now they are somehow back and managing to get into my bathroom. **** off already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting an emergency phone call from the mother-in-law because the dog (totally untrained) has jumped up her & has burst one of her varicose veins.

 

"Can you take me A&E?"

 

"Where's the old man, can't he take you?"

 

"He's gone out"

 

 

I go round, perform some first aid, shove her in the car & take her A&E.  I asked her where he'd 'gone out' & I got a knowing look from her.  I know he's gone to his bit on the side.  An affair that has been going on for over 30 years that everyone (including the dog) knows about.  She thinks she has some kind of social standing to uphold within the village & the church she goes to.  She would rather put up with it than face the shame of splitting from her husband.

 

I don't care what you do.  It's fvcked up if you ask me & I want no part of it.  Pack his bags & fvck him off.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Getting an emergency phone call from the mother-in-law because the dog (totally untrained) has jumped up her & has burst one of her varicose veins.

 

"Can you take me A&E?"

 

"Where's the old man, can't he take you?"

 

"He's gone out"

 

 

I go round, perform some first aid, shove her in the car & take her A&E.  I asked her where he'd 'gone out' & I got a knowing look from her.  I know he's gone to his bit on the side.  An affair that has been going on for over 30 years that everyone (including the dog) knows about.  She thinks she has some kind of social standing to uphold within the village & the church she goes to.  She would rather put up with it than face the shame of splitting from her husband.

 

I don't care what you do.  It's fvcked up if you ask me & I want no part of it.  Pack his bags & fvck him off.

Bags packed and a shag? Only kidding! In all seriousness thats a shitty situation for your MIL.

 

My MIL has dealt with an absolute cvnt when it comes to emotional abuse. My FIL wont touch her but the veiled threats, the mistreatment, bad mouthing her in front of family, the ignorance is just amazing. Shes a fantastic MIL with a heart of gold. We keep telling her to move out and come to ours but she gets into the old " why should i have to leave my home" ... well because he says the same thing and so you both stay and he continues to treat you like shit.  She feels as though she might screw him financially if she left and took half and feels bad. 

 

Isn't sanity worth it though? Shes a defeated woman but i guess raised in that way where its taboo to run away from the hubby etc.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Bags packed and a shag? Only kidding! In all seriousness thats a shitty situation for your MIL.

 

My MIL has dealt with an absolute cvnt when it comes to emotional abuse. My FIL wont touch her but the veiled threats, the mistreatment, bad mouthing her in front of family, the ignorance is just amazing. Shes a fantastic MIL with a heart of gold. We keep telling her to move out and come to ours but she gets into the old " why should i have to leave my home" ... well because he says the same thing and so you both stay and he continues to treat you like shit.  She feels as though she might screw him financially if she left and took half and feels bad. 

 

Isn't sanity worth it though? Shes a defeated woman but i guess raised in that way where its taboo to run away from the hubby etc.

 

 

 

I can perfectly understand why anyone would stay with their partner - because of love, loyalty, security & all that shit.  Misguided, but there you go. She asks for our support & I will tell her to chuck him out or at least tell him to choose.  I'm quite happy to have a word with him for her, but she won't like it & he definitely won't.

 

He's quite cute with it though & gets away with murder.  He's let everyone think it's her with the problem & gains a lot of sympathy from people who think his wife is crackers.  She drinks to forget & she can be quite snappy & vicious with her comments.  But she's the way she is because of him - not the other way round.

 

It's emotional abuse, the same as your mother-in-law

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“yOu cAn TeLl It’S sUmMeR aNd ThErE’s No fOoTbAlL oN !!!” In response to threads about inane topics, yeah no shit but there’s inane threads during the season and what else are people on a forum going to talk about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2019 at 01:18, Jattdogg said:

Bags packed and a shag? Only kidding! In all seriousness thats a shitty situation for your MIL.

 

My MIL has dealt with an absolute cvnt when it comes to emotional abuse. My FIL wont touch her but the veiled threats, the mistreatment, bad mouthing her in front of family, the ignorance is just amazing. Shes a fantastic MILF with a heart of gold. We keep telling her to move out and come to ours but she gets into the old " why should i have to leave my home" ... well because he says the same thing and so you both stay and he continues to treat you like shit.  She feels as though she might screw him financially if she left and took half and feels bad. 

 

Isn't sanity worth it though? Shes a defeated woman but i guess raised in that way where its taboo to run away from the hubby etc.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...