Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Kids doing wheelies on bikes. Why is this suddenly a thing? They pretty much ride right in to you while staring as if I’m meant to clap or something. Does my head in.

It's their mating ritual, they were trying to 'woo' you. 

The subject performs a wheelie to 'woo' the other in hope of getting their Snapchat to receive 'nudes. :ph34r:

Manchester United.

A squad of somewhat average players, which the club paid over the odds for, who rarely perform to their potential and hardly have positive attitudes towards the club (such as Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku) - yet they still get away with earning £100,000+ a week.

The club is a great example of modern football, sadly.

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The use of “Yanited”

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Spuds

Loserpool

Chelski

Arsenal

Direby

Chaventry

I think they’re all hilarious

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

dont forget WetSpam

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Wolvesalona.

'Florist'

Extinction Rebellion. 

I feel like David Attenborough (and others like him) has shown the way recently with a genuine hearts and minds campaign to get people on board with the environmental causes. By getting people to fall in love with nature and then follow it up by honestly and openly explaining our impact on the planet, I feel he's genuinely started to make people a lot more conscious about climate change and conservation. Look at the recent obsession with plastic and cleaning up the oceans, both consumers and businesses are genuinely buying in to pollution reduction because people are being convinced to care by solid arguments, good information and a genuine tug on the heart strings. 

By contrast, Extinction Rebellion are a bunch of attention seeking little nobheads that care far more about beeing seen than actually promoting change.

Pissing everyone off and being an inconvenience for every day people trying to go about their lives won't endear them to environmental causes, it'll drive them away and turn them off again.

It's like everyone's annoying, preachy vegan friend all got together and found each other to create a cult of wannabes who get off on being seen to be green more than actually considering the impact. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Extinction Rebellion. 

I feel like David Attenborough (and others like him) has shown the way recently with a genuine hearts and minds campaign to get people on board with the environmental causes. By getting people to fall in love with nature and then follow it up by honestly and openly explaining our impact on the planet, I feel he's genuinely started to make people a lot more conscious about climate change and conservation. Look at the recent obsession with plastic and cleaning up the oceans, both consumers and businesses are genuinely buying in to pollution reduction because people are being convinced to care by solid arguments, good information and a genuine tug on the heart strings. 

By contrast, Extinction Rebellion are a bunch of attention seeking little nobheads that care far more about beeing seen than actually promoting change.

Pissing everyone off and being an inconvenience for every day people trying to go about their lives won't endear them to environmental causes, it'll drive them away and turn them off again.

It's like everyone's annoying, preachy vegan friend all got together and found each other to create a cult of wannabes who get off on being seen to be green more than actually considering the impact. 

I hope you're right man, especially about the bolded part. I really do.

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I hope you're right man, especially about the bolded part. I really do.

I think they are. Obviously it's not an overnight thing but you can quite clearly look around the world now and see quite visibly that there's a drive to reduce plastic use and plastic waste. The sentiment behind that has come directly, I feel, from an upturn in interest generated by mainstream documentary makers, environmentalists etc encouraging a greener outlook in people. 

There was a recent campaign started on social media that was basically just litter picking made trendy, it was awesome. All over reddit, twitter and Facebook people were taking before and after photos of people cleaning up their green spaces, beaches and waterways. Yeah, partly to get people on social media to tell them well done but equally because they bought in. It's great. Like I said, hearts and minds. 

But I don't understand what ER think their positive impact is. How the **** is blocking people's commute to work going to foster an interest in change in people? It won't, it'll create resentment and push people away again. 

Greenpeace actively targeted whalers and hunters, PETA actively target fur producers and wearers. I don't necessarily like those ideas but at least I understand them. ER are doing nothing that'll help in the ****ing slightest other than promoting themselves as cool and edgy protestors.

It's just ****ing mindless attention seeking crap. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Of course. 

You’d be upside down if the World was round. 

¿ɹǝpun uʍop dᴉɹʇ ɹnoʎ ɹoɟ sʇooq ɔᴉʇǝuƃɐɯ ɹnoʎ pǝsɐɥɔɹnd ǝʌ,noʎ ǝɯnssɐ I ˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ uo ʇsod ᴉ uǝɥʍ dn ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ʇxǝʇ ʎɯ uɹnʇ ʇsnɾ I

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think they are. Obviously it's not an overnight thing but you can quite clearly look around the world now and see quite visibly that there's a drive to reduce plastic use and plastic waste. The sentiment behind that has come directly, I feel, from an upturn in interest generated by mainstream documentary makers, environmentalists etc encouraging a greener outlook in people. 

There was a recent campaign started on social media that was basically just litter picking made trendy, it was awesome. All over reddit, twitter and Facebook people were taking before and after photos of people cleaning up their green spaces, beaches and waterways. Yeah, partly to get people on social media to tell them well done but equally because they bought in. It's great. Like I said, hearts and minds. 

But I don't understand what ER think their positive impact is. How the **** is blocking people's commute to work going to foster an interest in change in people? It won't, it'll create resentment and push people away again. 

Greenpeace actively targeted whalers and hunters, PETA actively target fur producers and wearers. I don't necessarily like those ideas but at least I understand them. ER are doing nothing that'll help in the ****ing slightest other than promoting themselves as cool and edgy protestors.

It's just ****ing mindless attention seeking crap. 

Quite.

Actually, something I've referenced elsewhere just now that is relevant here.

That guaranteeing the environmental future of our biosphere (and by extension human civilisation) is in fact a political issue at all grinds my gears. I mean, how is that the case - isn't the idea of leaving a better and cleaner world for whoever comes after us pretty much self-evident?

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Extinction Rebellion. 

Attenborough though, thinks flights should be made more expensive to discourage people from, err travelling and seeing the world.  Presumably we are supposed to just watch him seeing the world and telling us about it.  I guess he travels by boat or something.  At least only the poor will be impacted.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Attenborough though, thinks flights should be made more expensive to discourage people from, err travelling and seeing the world.  Presumably we are supposed to just watch him seeing the world and telling us about it.  I guess he travels by boat or something.  At least only the poor will be impacted.

I'm not suggesting everything he suggests is brilliant, I'd actually argue some of the stuff he's come out with in his old age gets increasingly questionable tbf. 

I also don't mean to put it all on him, he's just one environmentalist in a school of many. 

I just think that educating people about the world, giving them a love for wildlife and our environment and charging them to protect it is better than dressing in neon pink, parking a boat in rush hour traffic and screaming at commuters for poisoning the world. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not suggesting everything he suggests is brilliant, I'd actually argue some of the stuff he's come out with in his old age gets increasingly questionable tbf. 

I also don't mean to put it all on him, he's just one environmentalist in a school of many. 

I just think that educating people about the world, giving them a love for wildlife and our environment and charging them to protect it is better than dressing in neon pink, parking a boat in rush hour traffic and screaming at commuters for poisoning the world. 

Oh definitely, I don't disagree with your main point.  Twats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

¿ɹǝpun uʍop dᴉɹʇ ɹnoʎ ɹoɟ sʇooq ɔᴉʇǝuƃɐɯ ɹnoʎ pǝsɐɥɔɹnd ǝʌ,noʎ ǝɯnssɐ I ˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ uo ʇsod ᴉ uǝɥʍ dn ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ʇxǝʇ ʎɯ uɹnʇ ʇsnɾ I

Magnetic boots? :doh:

Damn, I figured I'd be alright with velcro...

• Haha 1