Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

49 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

The people, generally fat middle aged men or those who look like semi-professional footballers, who make snide comments about the plastic at Glastonbury when they don't even own a recycling bin and have a colon the size of a beach ball. Also the same people who try to trip veggies/vegans up about anything they may do that has a miniscule impact on animals/the environement, whilst clogging their arteries with half a greasy pig in some bread

It's almost as though you either have to have no care, respect, or interest in animal welfare and or the environment, or you have to dedicate your entire life to it whilst living in a commune and only eat rotting fruit, otherwise the Alan Brazil and and Jeff Brazier lookalikes will be there with their (ironically) recycled jokes. 

I'm not naming names but you've just described one particular poster to a 'T'. lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

How often is that the case though? Usually I find that some cretin like Piers Morgan or Jeremy Clarkson will find some obscure quote from the arse end of nowhere by one lunatic, often something like 'meat eaters should be treated like serial killers', and then their thousands of followers buy in to the nonsense and their already warped view of vegans/feminists/black football managers or whatever the category of chosing is on that specific day get hounded again. 

In reference to my original point about plastic at Glastonbury, the comments I referred to were made in response to articles/topics about the music at a music festival. Same thing happens in the buildup and during the London Marathon, you'll see all these wonderful news stories about millions of pounds being raised for worthy causes littered with comments by the aforementioned people complaining about the environmental damange of the disposed water bottles or some other nonsense. Meanwhile they're sat at their laptop summoning up the energy to walk to their 4x4 to nip 20 yards to the shop and back for some processed beef. 

Ironically it seems that those that cry 'snowflake' on a daily basis are the ones that can't exist without getting offended by something on an almost hourly basis. 

Yep, those banding about with "snowflake" are walking their earth and trawling the internet looking desperately for something to seeth about just as much as the audience they're trying to disparage.

It's made and is making the world an angrier place. It's so easy to fire off a tweet or comment with no context or knowledge, or to get dragged into an argument, to validate the views you want validating (echo chambers)

Twitter especially is a cesspool of just anger, arguments and insults now. From gay rights to veganism to transgender rights, even football or any sport. People have no break from it, swept up in the sheer anger of it all. It's actually quite depressing. A plague on the extreme houses on either side, who are hardening each others cause, meaning the arguments get even more vehement.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

To be honest, the no facebook, no twitter, no instagram life is fantastic.  The most i get from the internets and its interconnecting tubes is the bollocks i write and read on here. 

It is quite scary and quite alarming Jatt ..  that social media is such a massive part of people’s lives.   It is so powerful that one post from some huge topped (or bottomed) Barrie doll can make her a multi millionaire...   or another person can be hounded to death.    :mellow:

15 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Richard Armitage and the whole genre of “Showbiz Correspondents”

Are you sure you mean Richard Armitage? Isn't he the actor from Leicester who was in Spooks?

39 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

It is quite scary and quite alarming Jatt ..  that social media is such a massive part of people’s lives.   It is so powerful that one post from some huge topped (or bottomed) Barrie doll can make her a multi millionaire...   or another person can be hounded to death.    :mellow:

People call it the "power of social media", CF. Its not, power makes it sound good. Its the stupidity of people getting drawn in by the guff that's on there.

• Like 1

The naming of roads, buildings etc.. after non-famous people (especially prevalent in the USA). Don't mind a Surname attached to something but it's when they add the full names I take umbrage.

I don't want to drive down the Gertrude & Randy J. Spunkmeyer Jr. Memorial Expressway.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I definitely didn’t lol 

Richard Arnold was who I meant  :doh:

Make more sense lol

I think theres two types of showbiz/entertainment correspondents. Theres the gossipy, over excited types like Arnold and theres the one likes Lizo Mzimbo (not sure on spelling) on the bbc, who is very good. Informative, asks good questions and doesn't wildly speculate.

1 hour ago, oakman said:

The naming of roads, buildings etc.. after non-famous people (especially prevalent in the USA). Don't mind a Surname attached to something but it's when they add the full names I take umbrage.

I don't want to drive down the Gertrude & Randy J. Spunkmeyer Jr. Memorial Expressway.

I don't see the problem with it, as long as it's someone who contributes significantly to the area where the street is.

I read a piece a year or two ago about how builders of new housing estates are being encouraged to name streets after locals who died in the wars now. A lot better than some of the laughable, flowery bollocks you see on new estates sometimes.

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

People call it the "power of social media", CF. Its not, power makes it sound good. Its the stupidity of people getting drawn in by the guff that's on there.

I know what you mean and there are no doubt a lot of stupid people that use it  ..  but I still think it is powerful if it can be used to push some people over the edge ..

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't see the problem with it, as long as it's someone who contributes significantly to the area where the street is.

I read a piece a year or two ago about how builders of new housing estates are being encouraged to name streets after locals who died in the wars now. A lot better than some of the laughable, flowery bollocks you see on new estates sometimes.

Don't mind someone who's done something good being memorialised but given the choice between living on 'Ethel & Irving J. Haggard Street' or just 'Haggard Street', I'd choose the latter.

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Make more sense lol

I think theres two types of showbiz/entertainment correspondents. Theres the gossipy, over excited types like Arnold and theres the one likes Lizo Mzimbo (not sure on spelling) on the bbc, who is very good. Informative, asks good questions and doesn't wildly speculate.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Make more sense lol

I haven’t seen Lizo 

I now tend to glaze over when the showbiz types appear 

Shouldn't do, but it does get quite annoying when certain members mention a particular female poster out of the blue randomly in order to get rep points from them or whatever.

Example: There was a post yesterday about someone asking what iborra had done, and a certain poster asked '"Did he get *insert female poster here* pregnant?".

Yes, they were trying to be 'funny's; but it's quite sad really, too..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The YouTube "commentators" that take themselves way too seriously and act like fooking rock stars.

A few of them are quite funny but were funnier when they first started and didn't take themselves seriously. Now they proper piss me off 

Probably been mentioned a lot, but bloody train tickets. Need to to go to brum on Saturday for a gig, returning Sunday, so went online and looked narborough to new street. £38 return for 2, I thought I know it's not great but I can accept that. Going through the booking, it said the return train terminates at nuneaton and get a bus to narborough, **** that. So I thought nuneaton isnt too far, I'll just get a lift to and from there, so I looked at nuneaton to new street return, same days/times. ****ing £178 return?! How??? So then I looked at rugby to new street, £25 return for the both of us. Now i remember why i drive everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:58, Wymeswold fox said:

Shouldn't do, but it does get quite annoying when certain members mention a particular female poster out of the blue randomly in order to get rep points from them or whatever.

Example: There was a post yesterday about someone asking what iborra had done, and a certain poster asked '"Did he get *insert female poster here* pregnant?".

Yes, they were trying to be 'funny's; but it's quite sad really, too..

It's always the same 2 or 3 posters as well. Weird.