Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Commentators apologising for language heard in the stand. It's a football game, its expected there will be bad language 

The other week at work someone had stuck radio 2 on, and during the Jeremy Vine show one of the guests accidentally said "piss". Vine immediately apologised and they had a laugh about it. He then played a record and after apologised again.

If you were listening at the time, you heard the apology, if you weren't he's just drawn attention to it. It happens, no need for a second apology.

Edited by Facecloth

Rugby fans absolute weirdos! Went down to my local at around 2 today for a quiet pint or 3 lol yeah that was wishful thinking. Full of people I had never seen before who had been in there since the rugby game earlier. Absolutely wasted. I appreciate we all like a drink but even after 10 pints I wouldn’t be acting like they do. One thing that stood out was a middle aged woman in Barbour, jeans and boots asked to smell mine n my girlfriends hair and then said “yeah smells ok”. She then says “you 2 look worried” yeah no shit you freak. Then I was at the bar with my dog this woman barges in and boots him then says “sorry love” then boots poor Nigel again. Ffs I just came home but at least the football (normal sport) is cheering me up at the min.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

The other week at work someone had stuck radio 2 on, and during the Jeremy Vine show one of the guests accidentally said "piss". Vine immediately apologised and they had a laugh about it. He then played a record and after apologised again.

If you were listening at the time, you heard the apology, if you weren't he's just drawn attention to it. It happens, no need for a second apology.

Do people really get offended by it to the point they have to apologise to cover themselves? 

Frankly its poor, especially in the football as its a football game, you expect some language to be picked up. It's fair enough a single apology if it's in a normal radio programme, but to continue to bring attention to it is frankly barmy

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Do people really get offended by it to the point they have to apologise to cover themselves? 

Frankly its poor, especially in the football as its a football game, you expect some language to be picked up. It's fair enough a single apology if it's in a normal radio programme, but to continue to bring attention to it is frankly barmy

They'll either apologise for it or dub over some generic crowd noise as Leeds fans chant "SKY TV IS FVCKING SHIT"

People who post multiple photos of their holidays in multiple posts on Instagram.    There is even one person who did this after posting similar photos on their Insta stories.    I do not mind a couple of photos but not to that standard.   The sad thing is that I now feel over-exposed to the wonders of the world and would  flick past these sort of phoos without appreciating the beauty of the landmarks.  

Edited by The Blur
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Just recently started noticing people eating or drinking stuff at supermarkets before they've even handed the money over for it. WTF.

Sorry, hun. But until you've paid for that ice tea, it's property of the vendor.

bollocks mate, i do it all the time lol  if im thirsty, and theres 2 trolleys in front im drinking that iced tea. besides, its not stealing till you leave the shop

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Just recently started noticing people eating or drinking stuff at supermarkets before they've even handed the money over for it. WTF.

Sorry, hun. But until you've paid for that ice tea, it's property of the vendor.

Best one I've seen was at Sainsbury's by Wembley. The queue was snaking around the shop and the guys in front picked up sandwiches from the first aisle and ate them and hid the packaging before getting to the till and only paid for a drink in the end 

9 hours ago, The Blur said:

People who post multiple photos of their holidays in multiple posts on Instagram.    There is even one person who did this after posting similar photos on their Insta stories.    I do not mind a couple of photos but not to that the standard.   The sad thing is that I now feel over-exposed to the wonders of the world and would  flick past these sort of phoos without appreciating the beauty of the landmarks.  

Dead right. Nothing wrong with seeing some nice holiday pics and landmarks but it's got to the point where everything has to be shared.

At least stick a few in the same Insta post. I try and spread mine out over several days so people don't get bored.

I've averaged about one post a week on Insta this year which I don't think is excessive.

I put more stuff on my insta stories but I view that as a disposable thing. Most of what goes on there wouldn't be worth a permanent post.

Decided to count how many posts I've made on my FB profile this year. It's just 18. All year. Mainly family-related or holiday snaps.

I put more stuff on my media and DJ pages on FB but that's generally work-related.

On 02/11/2019 at 13:01, UniFox21 said:

Commentators apologising for language heard in the stand. It's a football game, its expected there will be bad language 

One of my serious pet peeves. I remember watching a rugby match a few years ago and one of the players said pillock. ITV apologised unreservedly and I wrote a strongly worded letter calling them a ****.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

One of my serious pet peeves. I remember watching a rugby match a few years ago and one of the players said pillock. ITV apologised unreservedly and I wrote a strongly worded letter calling them a ****.

It's professional sport, swearing is surely expected given the passion in the games? As mentioned above, a warning at the start would be better, rather than continual apologies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's professional sport, swearing is surely expected given the passion in the games? As mentioned above, a warning at the start would be better, rather than continual apologies

10000%. It should start with "hello, you're tuning into the outside world today. By watching this program you consent to experiencing things beyond yours and ours control so if you don't like it press the ****ing mute button".

I'll never, ever forget us playing Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of decades (WTF) ago - at Filbert Street, on BBC 1 - a woman cuddling her young son and teaching him how to sing 'OHHH TWAT! YOU'RE SHIT AHHHHHHH'

Priceless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'll never, ever forget us playing Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of decades (WTF) ago - at Filbert Street, on BBC 1 - a woman cuddling her young son and teaching him how to sing 'OHHH TWAT! YOU'RE SHIT AHHHHHHH'

I remember this too. Brilliant. 

12 hours ago, Beliall said:

bollocks mate, i do it all the time lol  if im thirsty, and theres 2 trolleys in front im drinking that iced tea. besides, its not stealing till you leave the shop

Yeah. 

Kind of is, though. Theft by consumption is what it goes by   :beer:

10 hours ago, Milo said:

Yeah. 

Kind of is, though. Theft by consumption is what it goes by   :beer:

9 hours ago, Beliall said:

i see what your saying, but security cant touch you till y u leave the premises. i know this from both sides of the law lol 

I suspect that if you just start scoffing all the food without leaving, they might still have a word.....maybe more than a word if you grab a bottle of expensive champers, pop the cork and start swigging.... :whistle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Good luck hiding inside the shop for a full day.

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I suspect that if you just start scoffing all the food without leaving, they might still have a word.....maybe more than a word if you grab a bottle of expensive champers, pop the cork and start swigging.... :whistle:

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Why not just pay for what you've eaten/drank and then leave the shop lol

its just a bottle of coke or orange juice, in the queue, while im waiting to pay, no one cares. drink some, stick it on the conveyor. 

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

its just a bottle of coke or orange juice, in the queue, while im waiting to pay, no one cares. drink some, stick it on the conveyor. 

They don't like it when you do it with pix 'n' mix or fruit and they have to weigh it.

• Haha 1