Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

The ****ing confused face emoji reaction on here, always from the same lot as well, if you don’t understand one of my posts or you’ve got a question or you don’t agree just ****ing quote me and we’ll have a discussion. 

I agree and the people using it to your post just to get a reaction are pathetic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Manini said:

The ****ing confused face emoji reaction on here, always from the same lot as well, if you don’t understand one of my posts or you’ve got a question or you don’t agree just ****ing quote me and we’ll have a discussion. 

Yeah, its a bit condescending so for that reason, its worse that the likes of a dislike or angry emoji.

• Like 1

Film/media critics, I wanna know if a film is enjoyable. Bashing a really enjoyable flick because it has loose sub texts or focussing on a really narrow part of a character arc just so they can really drive home how much cleverer they are than you is wanky. Not every piece of cinema is a magnum opus nor is it meant to be a seminal representation of summat you bores

26 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Film/media critics, I wanna know if a film is enjoyable. Bashing a really enjoyable flick because it has loose sub texts or focussing on a really narrow part of a character arc just so they can really drive home how much cleverer they are than you is wanky. Not every piece of cinema is a magnum opus nor is it meant to be a seminal representation of summat you bores

Marc kamode and Simon Mayo are pretty good on Friday afternoon.And a shout out to JASON ISSACS!

Edited by PAULCFC

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

I'll stick up for them then. 

Enjoyment is an opinion which is subjective. Critics will say if they enjoyed a film or not too, but also delve into why they did by using objective comments on the process to criticise and maybe give some insight into what they thought was wrong or right with it. 

Kermode is very good at that. I don't always agree with some of his likes and dislikes, but I like the fact he can eloquently describe why is something I enjoy listening to him for. Mayo often counters him with a more "man on the street" opinion too which is nice to hear. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Manini said:

It's so passive aggressive too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As if you’re annoyed your favourite emoji has gone lol 

Aye, it was a useful tool.

Still doesn't make it right - might as well get rid of all the emojis if that's how it is. How long before the same people are crying again because they think the Haha emoji is being used to be mean to them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Still doesn't make it right - might as well get rid of all the emojis if that's how it is. How long before the same people are crying again because they think the Haha emoji is being used to be mean to them?

It was the most pointless one of the lot though by a country mile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

The like, laugh and thanks emoji serve a purpose. It means you can show appreciation without having to reply to each post that you like, find funny or helpful, because you don't really need to reply. But if you're confused by a post, why would you not just quote the poster and ask for an explanation? What's the point in just clicking a confused reaction and leaving it like that?

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The like, laugh and thanks emoji serve a purpose. It means you can show appreciation without having to reply to each post that you like, find funny or helpful, because you don't really need to reply. But if you're confused by a post, why would you not just quote the poster and ask for an explanation? What's the point in just clicking a confused reaction and leaving it like that?

:blink:

• Haha 1

Seen a few things like this being shared on Facebook and they are annoying me. Original content is fine, even if its shit, but have people got nothing better to do than copy and mine to other people work for social media likes? At least come up with your own stuff. Saw one of a women miming to a Lee Evan's stand up bit too. Totally pointless.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222120562100352&id=1151955611

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This guy is a proper tosser, one of those "I'm allowed my opinion" when challenged about anything because he doesn't have a brain cell to argue with. 

What a stupid twat. One good thing of lockdown is I haven’t had to see this squid down the KP

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

Mate: hey have we got lesson tomorrow seen it in the WhatsApp group, btw how are you?

Me: not sure been to ill, so not really looked at any emails or WhatsApp group massage.

Mate: what time is lesson??

Me: don't know?

Mate: would you look at moodle and tell me? Cos it says 9am

*Sends me screen shots of moodle and email to say its 9am*

Me: ...ok so is it 9am

Mate: so lessons at 9am

Me: OMG!! F**K OFF!! If moodle and lectures say 9am, what do you think?

Mate: will you just check?

This what annoyed me today

Edited by TeamRocket