Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

They've got sod all else to do.

They could wash the planes and give them a good dust and vac ...   and then check the tyre pressure and the oil and water in the engine ...   and not forgetting the one we all forget ...  top up the window wash fluid  !! ...      always helps that the skipper can see where he’s going when coming in to land ! ...   :thumbup:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Easy Jet. Why do you keep emailing me with all the latest offers?. I can't fly anywhere and i'm skint you dipsticks. 

They need as much as they can (heard they were struggling in particular before this pandemic), but very clearly at the wrong time.

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

When I was a lad in Germany, this actually happened a few times with motorbikes racing noisily through residential areas.

Ahh ...  that would explain why when I first met you the top of your head was very flat Boosey ...     :thumbup:

• Haha 1

The bloke who told me to "get in the queue" when I presented my NHS registration card at the supermarket. I won't ever take advantage and I queue with everyone else, even when I'm in uniform unless I have to get something for my lunch break when my down time is limited.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

The bloke who told me to "get in the queue" when I presented my NHS registration card at the supermarket. I won't ever take advantage and I queue with everyone else, even when I'm in uniform unless I have to get something for my lunch break when my down time is limited.

I would have probably smashed his face in for the comment but thats a rash decision lol.

Supermarkets advertising the price of food at isle different to till.

Just been rinsed by Asda of £1.80 through them over charging me at the till for some Jaffa cakes. It's the amount of money that pisses me off but almost not worth the hassle of trying to get it sorted. 

Happens a lot to me and probably you if you don't check your receipts.  You'd think in the technological age it would be a thing of the past. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Supermarkets advertising the price of food at isle different to till.

Just been rinsed by Asda of £1.80 through them over charging me at the till for some Jaffa cakes. It's the amount of money that pisses me off but almost not worth the hassle of trying to get it sorted. 

Happens a lot to me and probably you if you don't check your receipts.  You'd think in the technicalogical age it would be a thing of the past. 

My local shop is a One Stop, it's shit, but going there for little bits we need at the minute instead of overloading the supermarkets. 

Almost every single time we've been in, they've overcharged us.

Like you say, not worth the hassle, but I won't be going there once the lockdown restrictions are eased.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

My local shop is a One Stop, it's shit, but going there for little bits we need at the minute instead of overloading the supermarkets. 

Almost every single time we've been in, they've overcharged us.

Like you say, not worth the hassle, but I won't be going there once the lockdown restrictions are eased.

I have a similar shop near me, they don't even turn the fridge on to save money! 

A lot of the food/beer is out of date and I go and hand it to the till think I'm doing them a favour and then I see it out again the next day sometimes!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I have a similar shop near me, they don't even turn the fridge on to save money! 

A lot of the food/beer is out of date and I go and hand it to the till think I'm doing them a favour and then I see it out again the next day sometimes!

I'm glad it's only 1 adult allowed in per household now, my Mrs goes mental and makes them check the price on the shelf!

I'm too embarrassed, especially when you've got 6 people in the queue, all 2 metres apart! 

I'll just go to Sainsbury's after this is over.

I'm in a village in Northamptonshire, so have to drive to a shop anyway. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I'm glad it's only 1 adult allowed in per household now, my Mrs goes mental and makes them check the price on the shelf!

I'm too embarrassed, especially when you've got 6 people in the queue, all 2 metres apart! 

I'll just go to Sainsbury's after this is over.

I'm in a village in Northamptonshire, so have to drive to a shop anyway. 

The best one was when I queried the price of the Guinness in the aforementioned crap shop as it said £4.99 RRP on the label and it came up £5.49 on the till. Thinking it was a quick press of a button on the till everything had to be ran through the controlling husband who she was trying to ring to get permission to charge me £4.99.

I pleaded with her in the end to pay £5.50 so I could get away because Leicester were about to kick off as the husband wasn't answering.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The best one was when I queried the price of the Guinness in the aforementioned crap shop as it said £4.99 RRP on the label and it came up £5.49 on the till. Thinking it was a quick press of a button on the till everything had to be ran through the controlling husband who she was trying to ring to get permission to charge me £4.99.

I pleaded with her in the end to pay £5.50 so I could get away because Leicester were about to kick off as the husband wasn't answering.  

The Mrs does it in Lidl, try waiting 10 minutes for "Management to till 2 please, customer waiting", the being cursed by the 4 customers waiting behind you, whilst I mouth 'sorry' and want the ground to swallow me lol

Oh to be back to normality! 

• Haha 1