Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

39 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Goddamit I missed Elon Musk's stupid satellites again, this time by about a minute

I recommend the Heavens Above app (free on Play store). You can see them live and also the Nightly events. There still loads of the buggers going over now if you know where to look, plus lots of old Russian stuff.

You can do it all again tomorrow night.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Elon Musk's followers grind my gears, he's a charlatan. Does reasonably well with Tesla but they all seem to think he's some messiah that's going to save the planet, in reality he's a narcissistic bellend full of shit and calling well meaning blokes paedos.

Not sure he's gonna save the planet given the environmental impact those spent Tesla batteries are going to have. But, isn't narcissism a dominant characteristic in these types of characters? Steve Jobs was the same. Both good at marketing, getting investment cash and trying enough ideas so that one or two pay off and move an industry forwards. You have to love yourself cos there's enough miserable naysayers out there for any idea that is offered up.

Edited by blabyboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Not sure he's gonna save the planet given the environmental impact those spent Tesla batteries are going to have. But, isn't narcissism a dominant characteristic in these types of characters? Steve Jobs was the same. Both good at marketing, getting investment cash and trying enough ideas so that one or two pay off and move an industry forwards. You have to love yourself cos there's enough miserable naysayers out there for any idea that is offered up.

I suppose, there's leaders that are emotionally intelligent but they don't make the headlines because they're not as controversial.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Place names being unnecessarily contracted. Especially bad with uni aged females. “Ldn/Lei” just type out Leicester you twat. 

I've met people that say it in sentences. "Going LDN". Never got it really.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Angel Delight made with soya milk doesn't set

:@

I didn't know Angel Delight still existed. Had it often as a kid in the 70s and loved it. There was Instant Whip, too, but that wasn't as good.

A bit of nostalgia shopping incoming....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I didn't know Angel Delight still existed. Had it often as a kid in the 70s and loved it. There was Instant Whip, too, but that wasn't as good.

A bit of nostalgia shopping incoming....

Make sure you get some milk in, Alf!

I bought it during an end of the world shopping spree last month...and forgot about it until today. I assume that there is something in 'real' milk that aids coagulation and is missing from alternative milks.

But I also have very happy memories of having it in the 70's and 80's.

Being given the bowl and whisk to polish off* was a treat that still brings a smile to my face.

*Butterscotch, obviously - Chocolate and Strawberry can get in the bin. 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 22:40, walkerleeds said:

How are people still not getting the distancing stuff? Me and my girlfriend get as close to the edge of the path as possible only for people to walk past side by side nodding at you as if you're only doing it to let them past. Genuinely really winding me up now.

It's infuriating how people aren't understanding these damn rules. They aren't difficult to understand, just stay away from people. People in shops who seem to forget that are arguably worse. 

On 22/04/2020 at 09:50, Voll Blau said:

I manage to get good walks in most mornings with no bother, but it's way more noticeable when the weekend stroll glory hunters come out to play. Some make absolutely no effort, even when you're jumping in the middle of the road to avoid twats walking three abreast on either side of it.

And don't get me started on the groups of teenage lads (definitely not related) riding their bikes together on paths too. I'm no grass but the rozzers really ought to be getting on top of these cretins instead of targeting people driving out to the countryside for a bit of isolated space.

Had to deal with more of this shithousery yesterday. Coming round a bend I see a group of four lads on bikes. Unbelievably three of them decided to mount the path while one stayed on the road, leaving me no time to cross over (there was a family walking on the other side of the road anyway). Had to jump on a narrow grass verge between path and road leaving these absolute virgins to ride inches from me on either side.

Would happily have kicked the cvnts off their bikes if I wasn't so sure their rampant ignorance meant they were way more likely than average to be carrying the old Covid. Gonna start spraying tacks around on my daily government-allotted exercise I reckon.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Had to deal with more of this shithousery yesterday. Coming round a bend I see a group of four lads on bikes. Unbelievably three of them decided to mount the path while one stayed on the road, leaving me no time to cross over (there was a family walking on the other side of the road anyway). Had to jump on a narrow grass verge between path and road leaving these absolute virgins to ride inches from me on either side.

Would happily have kicked the cvnts off their bikes if I wasn't so sure their rampant ignorance meant they were way more likely than average to be carrying the old Covid. Gonna start spraying tacks around on my daily government-allotted exercise I reckon.

Set cheese wire traps :ph34r: