Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 11/08/2020 at 12:45, RonnieTodger said:

Football Twitter. Honestly what is the point? 

Not even mentioning the vile abuse that those freaks dish out, they actually devote their spare time to arguing about frauds, transfer fees and stuff that doesn't matter. 

I would disown any relative if I ever found out that they ran an account. Bunch of faceless virgins. 

This is coming from someone with over 5000 posts on a football forum.

“The streets will never forget”

”rent free”

”on strings” 

“dub”

just **** off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

“The streets will never forget”

”rent free”

”on strings” 

“dub”

just **** off. 

Haha I had a Chelsea-supporting mate who tweeted their board had ours 'on strings' because £64m was the cost for Chilwell instead of £80m and got in to a little debate about the transfer.

A few days later Brighton were holding out for £40m for Dunk after Chelsea's interest - the rumours were that anyway.

I text him saying 'the Brighton board has yours on strings mate' in jest. He didn't like it one bit lol 

28 minutes ago, oakman said:

Singers that don't sing (example being The Streets). It's just a Brummie having a chat to music.

Same for Spoken Word artists. Call it what it is, talking.

Not personally a huge fan of the Streets but it's very original - the "speech" is mostly rhythmic like hip-hop and Mike uses some very clever lyrics to make it sound like a dialogue. I wouldn't lump him/them in with spoken word

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Always hear people saying 'ahh I could've played semi pro- but hurt my knee' just winds me up.

You need to watch one of Chris Wilder's interviews towards the end of the season. Think it was one where he was talking about Vardy actually. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Streets first album was brilliant. Still listen to it nowadays. 

Original Pirate Material is great. Has it come to this?, Weak Become Heroes and The Irony of It All are brilliant songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ollie93 said:

Always hear people saying 'ahh I could've played semi pro- but hurt my knee' just winds me up.

You say that but I could have been a professional football if it wasn't for my laziness, fitness levels and complete lack of ability.

• Haha 1

This is incredibly petty but thought I’d mention it anyway

Left a negative tripadvisor review for a restaurant I’d visitied as they didn’t really help us when we made our concerns to the staff members there.

The owners of the restaurant replied to my review calling me out as being unfair and unjust and then lied in their response in saying ‘we always do x’ when they didn’t at all on our visit lol wish I’d have gone in further as I thought my review was very reasoned and wish you could reply to owners responses so I can give a real piece of my mind!

7 hours ago, oakman said:

Singers that don't sing (example being The Streets). It's just a Brummie having a chat to music.

Same for Spoken Word artists. Call it what it is, talking.

My gaffers other half is a spoken word poet and it makes my ****ing skin crawl tbqh - twee bollocks delivered the same way by EVERYONE

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Anyone who uses the phrase "partner in crime" in a romantic context. Cut it out unless you're actually planning to rob a bank together.

Also people who say "my better half" when referring to their partner. Oh so you're admitting you're a bit of a cu*t then?