Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Why are toyota dealer stupid? Took my car for air bag recall (nothing wrong with my car as it just had been done and MOT pass) and then they gave me a list of things to do grr... took it back to my normal place and they told me they took parts out and changed my brake discs  grrr......... ahhhhhh..... 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

World class that vid.

Some of my favourite quiz related videos on the world wide internet are ones of eggheads Chris very confidently, bordering on arrogantly, giving clear and concise reasoning for choosing the complete wrong answer - pull them up brother!

Foxestalk nuance...:whistle:

Misleading rags to riches headlines.

Ben Francis has done well to build Gymshark into what it is but saying he's an ex-pizza delivery guy doesnt really tell the full story as he was doing it part time while at uni at the time and would have been doing something else anyway when he graduated.

The current trend on social media involving the murder of Cannon Hinnant (#JusticeForCannon, #SayHisName and the like), obviously meant to be a "well what about this innocent white lad who was killed by a black man, huh?" gotcha against the current movement for better police accountability in incidents involving black people.

Thing is, if the people spouting this really wanted "justice" for poor Cannon then they would have no need to talk about it on social media in the first place seeing as the man allegedly responsible was arrested, charged and held without bail within 24 hours of it happening. Justice, as it stands now, is evidently being done. (Meanwhile, the fuzz that shot innocent Breanna Taylor haven't been arrested even 5 months on.)

But of course, it's not about that, and it never was - it is simply a dog-whistle, a way of looking to discredit the Black Lives Matter movement and the very legitimate concerns that they have regarding police conduct in the US, in order to keep the status quo.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Take a look at some world leaders right now and see how the first rule is "never apologise, never explain". Such are the days we live in.

It's not new. Seems to be a very male - led version of decency to me, admitting fault or even apologising deemed to be weakness. I remember countless friends at school who were incapable of owning responsibility for anything. 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Fake kits, leaked BS fixtures, made up transfer rumours, sensationalised stories of footballers on holiday.

The ‘silly season’ gets dafter ever year.

I was going to sack the forum off again for the close season, it was only the dingbats thread that dragged me back in. It really is terrible on here when there's no football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I was going to sack the forum off again for the close season, it was only the dingbats thread that dragged me back in. It really is terrible on here when there's no football.

I think it's only ever any good in the City forum when we're actually on form lol

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 12:45, RonnieTodger said:

Football Twitter. Honestly what is the point? 

Not even mentioning the vile abuse that those freaks dish out, they actually devote their spare time to arguing about frauds, transfer fees and stuff that doesn't matter. 

I would disown any relative if I ever found out that they ran an account. Bunch of faceless virgins. 

This is coming from someone with over 5000 posts on a football forum.

You could have saved yourself so much time if you'd just wrote, "Arsenal fans."

GoldenBalls used to wind me up no end. You would watch an episode and hear the word 'Honest' a million times.

'Im being honest'

'Honestly I will pick the split ball'

Honest Honest Honest Honest Honest Honest Honest

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:

Nonsense at the end as well. As mentioned earlier. You would never pick anything other than the Steal ball.

All or nothing

Half or nothing 

I really hated that show lol 

12 hours ago, Webbo said:

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Forum hypocrites - they do the standard Goebbels trick of accusing others of that which they are themselves guilty of. If anything makes me want not to be here, it is them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Forum hypocrites - they do the standard Goebbels trick of accusing others of that which they are themselves guilty of. If anything makes me want not to be here, it is them.

Aah you've reminded me of a real life hypocrite (old housemate years ago) who loved doing this.

She was very brash, loud and argumentative. Anytime someone stood up to her she would loudly say 'Don't you dare raise your voice at me' which obviously escalated things. Tw at. 

• Like 1