Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People calling you out of the blue on Teams or equivalent, even when you are marked as Busy - just feckin ask if I am available for a call first  :mad:

(Yeah, I know use Do Not Disturb, but I can be disturbed for important crap)

Yep, this is annoying. No one checks calendars these days! 

• Like 1

On the subject of emails - if you are copied into an email and there is a general instruction to do something that isnt address to anyone but might fall under your remit, do you take it as an instruction or as an FYI since you were cc'ed?

Different places I've worked have different approaches and it caused issues in the past lol

39 minutes ago, Nalis said:

On the subject of emails - if you are copied into an email and there is a general instruction to do something that isnt address to anyone but might fall under your remit, do you take it as an instruction or as an FYI since you were cc'ed?

Different places I've worked have different approaches and it caused issues in the past lol

It’s why it shouldn’t be done. Tasks communicated like that never get done lol 

@Name1 do this

@Name 2 do that

is the way

48 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Cc shouldn't exist. If I'm included in an email, just put it in the normal 'to' section. The recipient gets it in the same way as any other email and any other email recipient. Unless it's stated in the email that it is just FYI or named separately you need to do something else. 

The Captain Birdseye advert.

’Captain Birdseye loves nothing more than swimming with his grandson and fish fingers’. What the Fvck?

Some old bloke in a sailors cap surrounded by children on his floating nonce-palace isn’t going to make me buy his wares.

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Depends who's videos you watch i think.

The ones I've seen are often cringeworthy music videos; and people that create and show themselves doing things that look quite staged.

Edited by Wymsey

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The ones I've seen are often cringeworthy music videos; and people that create and show themselves doing things that look quite staged.

Just gotta find what interests you. Theres a few posting football opinions, a guy I found who talks about movies, and a Dr who post really interesting content.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

People who name their house instead of having a number like a normal person.

'Poppywell House' or 'Aspen View' can fvck right off.

People who’s house number sign is in letter form, such as twenty-three, are the same breed. 

• Haha 1

When people refer to mobile phones as iPhones when the context of the conversation, comment or meme didn't require the brand to be specified.

Other phones do exist. Some are even better.

Edited by Nod.E

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

People who type in accents, namely the Scottish. What’s the need for it :dunno:

(don’t even think about it)

Yeah this is a good one, it is so pathetic. Not sure why they do it either maybe they are just uneducated scotch people.

People who compare things that have happened to things that haven’t happened. 
For example when people say if a man/woman had said that...  when the opposite gender says something slightly controversial 

or if a white/black person did that...when a different race does something slightly controversial. 
And then they try and compare two vaguely similar events, leaving out the context.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

For example when people say if a man/woman had said that...  when the opposite gender says something slightly controversial 

or if a white/black person did that...when a different race does something slightly controversial. 
And then they try and compare two vaguely similar events, leaving out the context.

Yeah, but imagine if a Brit had said this...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody Aussies!🙄

If an English person had posted this.......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

beaten by @Buce

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

People who type in accents, namely the Scottish. What’s the need for it :dunno:

(don’t even think about it)

I think a lot of that is Scots typing in lowland Scots, at least from what I've seen on social media. Which is arguably a separate language so fair enough.