Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 01/01/2021 at 17:08, Samilktray said:

This countries infatuation with comparing anything to the war will never not be weird 

I reckon its just some People not understanding People pulling together ( Not all did during those times), the individual discipline & help even from suprising  sources...when it came to hard realities, the good/bad guy often pulled  together.Political Communities pulled together, very little dithering 

on information & implementation...Very little find of  cause to chase down, excuses and blame blind alleys. Even the whiners & moaners still Kicker in.

The right People seem to  have more control over admin. Blind spots und decision making...

Barrack-Room Lawyers seem to have taken over the streets ( Not true), but too many fighting for the right to be heard, they seem too  busy in their own worlds,They are blind, to Notice the right  times to cut the shit, and get on with it...

And IMO, more so in the UK, though still in the minority, it seems there are more ASBOS & yobs around society. That the Good neighbours just cant hold the balance.

Health , in fact all Services over-whelmed , because of 50 years of politically trying to Balance politically corrupt books.

Too many jobs for the boys/gals created and dumped into unnecessary created new admin. Jobs.

I am an ex IT-Network-techie, but we are not has Advanced or savvy in our society has some People will have..

We still hear 'The Computer is broke'

Work from home...!!!    More people still have to Physically go to work..it aint a 20% Relief from the Economy, as being sold.

Plus alot of Work from home potential and People being asked , doesnt even have secure or even physically  reliable connections. 

Schools, the average Education platforms do Not have the PC or IT rescouces that politicians and Media will have us believe..

And We had governments, who seemed to know what they were doing...

No dithering, unclear, contradictive Information releases...

I am sorry you can laugh at Grandad in the corner, but they were more organised und generally were more qualified in work, giving them confidence ,scope and honesty in having an opinion on other areas of life..

or delivered a simple with no Embarrasment a simple sorry 'I Dont know'

Plus though this generation is well & better Travelled the general Knowledge seemed wide & more encompassing from past generations...

I have been a Rebel all my life according to Family & peers, me I just said I  decided to set up my own life's challenges, but even in my youth as well as now, I realised...No matter how many times you Drop out of socierty or refuse to conform,

You are still a working cog Inside that society ,you believe you dropped out of..!!

Plus if I was ever in a position to help anybody in the world, no matter how small Or large the disadvantage  to myself I will try..

I just have a feeling ( with experience) ,that more People believe there are more kudos in life, trying to prove One is the better "Dell-boy"..

Also Trying to fob People off, at Work in family, in wider society...!!

Though I still Believe there are more good,positive thinking people....but it Only needs a Stinking , lazy thinking minority that ruins the societys natural drive to Evolve around its own platform...

And Govts do have to take the large Part of the blame,but no individual has the right to make them your excuse..!!

Oh und wtf us this shit, in trying to make the individual countries vaccine- program into some  promotion/relegation League battle..

We all should Feel the shame..We aint Working together...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon its just some People not understanding People pulling together ( Not all did during those times), the individual discipline & help even from suprising  sources...when it came to hard realities, the good/bad guy often pulled  together.Political Communities pulled together, very little dithering 

on information & implementation...Very little find of  cause to chase down, excuses and blame blind alleys. Even the whiners & moaners still Kicker in .

The right People had more control over admin. Blind spots und decision making...

Barack-Room Lawyers seem to have taken over the streets ( Not true), but Top many fighting for the right to be heard, they seem too  busy in their own worlds,

They are blind, to Notice there  times to cut the shit, and bet in with it...

And IMO, more so in the UK, though still in the minority, there are more ASBOS & yobs around society. That the Good neighbours just cant hold the balance.

Health in fact all Services over-whelmed , because of 50 years of politically trying to Balance politically corrupt books. Too many jobs for the boys/gals createdg

and dumped into unnecessary created new admin. Jobs.

I am an ex IT-Network-techie, but we are not has Advanced or savvy in our society has some People will have..We still hear 'The Computer is broke'

Work from home...!!!    More people have to Physically go to work..it aint a 20% Relief from the Economy as being sold. Plus alot of Work from home potential

and People being asked , Dont even have secure or even physically  reliable connections. 

Schools, the average Education platforms do Not have the PC or IT rescouces that politicians and Media will have us believe..

And We had governments, who seemed to know what they were doing...

No dithering, unclear, contradictive Information releases...

I am sorry you can laugh at Branded in the corner, but they were more organized und generally were more qualified in work, giving them confidence und honesty

in having an opinion on other areas of life..or delivered a simple with no Embarrasment a simple sorry 'I Dont know'

Plus though this generation is well & better Travelled the general Knowledge seemed wide & more encompassing from past generations...

I have been a Rebel all my life according to Family & peers, I just said I  decided to set up my own life's challenges, but even in my youth as well as now, I realised...No matter how many times you Drop out of socierty or refuse to conform,

You are still a working cog Inside that society ,you believe you dropped out of..!!

Plus if I was ever in a position to help anybody in the world, no matter how small Or large the disadvantage  to myself I will try..

I just have a feeling ( with experience) ,that more People believe there are more kudos in life, trying to prove One is the better "Dell-boy"..

Also Trying to fob People off, at Work in family, in wider society...!!

Though I still Believe there are more good,positive thinking people....but it Only needs a Stinking , Lazy thinking minority that Ruins the societys natural

Drive to Evolve around its own platform...I

And Govts have to Take the large Part of the blame,but no individual has the right to make them your excuse..!!

Oh und wtf us this shit, in trying to make the individual countries vaccine- program into some  promotion/relegation League battle..

We all should Feel the shame..We aint Working together...

I was with you until after, 'I reckon it's......'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Steve Wright talking over the end of songs. The final bit of Insomnia by Faithless about to begin (that 50-odd seconds of music after the final lyrics) and he's interrupting it.

Let the whole song play out, man.

He talks over every ending of every song, it pisses me off.

Also, on the same subject, on Friday's he asks people to send in their "puns". They are not puns, they are literally just people taking the 'g' off of the end of words.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There's a house in Syston with a plaque calling it Fircombe Hall. :D

A mate of my ex-wife named his house in Hinckley "Sea View".

(Not sure what this sub-thread is doing within the Grind My Gears thread, mind you....)

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Steve Wright talking over the end of songs. The final bit of Insomnia by Faithless about to begin (that 50-odd seconds of music after the final lyrics) and he's interrupting it.

He sings over songs that he's playing as if he can match the singer. He constantly promotes people to call, text, tweet or email about whatever shit people are doing. It's monotonously repetitive. Steve Wright is one of the worst presenters on R2. So full of his own self esteem it's embarrassing. I used to like him 15 years ago with the "characters" he used in his radio show. Now he's a shite parody of himself.

Edited by Parafox

36 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A mate of my ex-wife named his house in Hinckley "Sea View".

(Not sure what this sub-thread is doing within the Grind My Gears thread, mind you....)

I live in Hinckley. I've seen that house. And I've smiled at the irony.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Also, on the same subject, on Friday's he asks people to send in their "puns". They are not puns, they are literally just people taking the 'g' off of the end of words.

Serious punnin :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sending cash in birthday cards and being told by the recipient that there was no cash in the envelope.

I sent my nephew £20 in a card and my sister rings to ask if I forgot to put it in the card but I defo put 2 x £10 notes inside. We had the same issue last year when someone sent money to my boy for his birthday but just a card arrived in the envelope.

Oh well, lesson learnt. Bank transfers from now on.

@Trav Le Bleu are you aware of this happening? How easy is it for someone in the process to steam open the envelope, nick the money and re-seal it in transit?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Sending cash in birthday cards and being told by the recipient that there was no cash in the envelope.

I sent my nephew £20 in a card and my sister rings to ask if I forgot to put it in the card but I defo put 2 x £10 notes inside. We had the same issue last year when someone sent money to my boy for his birthday but just a card arrived in the envelope.

@Trav Le Bleu are you aware of this happening? How easy is it for someone in the process to steam open the envelope, nick the money and re-seal it in transit?

The trick is to put money and glitter in it.

That way if anyone tries to nick it at least you’ll know you got your own back.

And if nobody tries to nick it, who wouldn’t want to spend sparkly bank notes?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

In my experience (34 years) of being a postman, i've never seen anyone steal money from cards & in that time can only think of probably no more than 6 or 7 cases locally that postpeople have been dismissed for stealing mail & I think that is usually because they can't be bothered to deliver it & dump it somewhere rather than stealing the contents. The vast majority of mail is sorted by machines & apart from the person loading the machines, ( they go too quick to be sifting through the mail looking for cards) , the first time it will be handled & looked at properly is when the postman sorts it into his frame ready for him going out to deliver it. The problem with machines is that sometimes mail can get caught in them & be ripped , odd shaped cards, especially the thicker ones sometimes jam the machines. If this happens the contents can be shredded or fall into the machine. In answer to your question it's not easy to open envelopes & reseal them, but as in all walks of life there are dishonest people about, & by the law of averages they're going to be a few dishonest postmen about too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I've never noticed it and it would be really difficult, unless maybe you were in a small rural office with just a couple of other posties who were also in on it. Having said that, I've always imagined that sending cash through the post is rare on account of the risk, you'd need to open a lot of cards before finding money, I would have thought.

I've certainly received many cards that are unsealed to my sorting board, by which time at least 4 other people would have handled them before and then occasionally, the sorting machines also like to take chunks out of the mail too, but that's usually obvious. I have received letters where less than a quarter of it remained... I have also received completely empty addressed envelopes.

Personally, I'd never send cash in the post.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

****ing hell, I can't believe he's still doing this - five / six years back I worked in an office that insisted on Radio 2 and the only one I could just about stand back then was Simon Mayo.

Wright's show always seemed so self-congratulatory, proper shitearse - can't believe he's been so popular for so long.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Corky said:

Too right.  

The number of times I'm driving in the car, and end up screaming "shut the f c k up" as he talks over the start or end of a good song.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Corky said:

He's been doing it for 40 (!) years, you'd have thought someone would've had a word by now if they were going to.

Does he still sometimes sing along with the tracks? That was even worse

15 hours ago, Corky said:

Maybe he thinks people still tape off the radio?

Screenshot_20210123-080459_Google.jpg

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He presents minor facts and calls them "factoids". A factoid is actually a mistaken assumption that is repeated so often it is taken to be true.

• Like 1