Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Our close friends are quite serious Catholics, in that they go to Mass every time, all their beliefs and the basis of their lives are based around Catholicism.

They struggled to conceive and eventually they took the IVF course 3 times sadly with no success. They had no issue with the Catholic church's stance and neither did their Priest. 

They subsequently adopted 2 babies that were given up by the birth mum.

I know two couples like that. I doubt many Catholics are that strict. Surrogacy is a different matter I'm sure. 

19 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

People eating food from a supermarket whilst they shop.. I don't get it. I spotted 3 people eating from the bakery in Lidl today, all adults too:facepalm:

If they don’t pay for it then it’s theft by consumption and they can be detained just like a shoplifter. 

When all you wanted was a peaceful train journey on a Tuesday morning but East Midlands Trains decided to send 5 carriages instead of 10, so that seat at a table you specifically booked to get an hour of productivity in CANT be reached because you’re forced to stand for the journey.

But then they announce that you can get off at Kettering for a more spacious train, one that I know has only a couple of tables in specific places. So I get off and find a table free, then try to get some work done. And then at Wellingborough, a couple get on the train and sit right next to me, having a full conversation SO LOUD THAT I CAN HEAR THEM THROUGH MY EARPHONES and completely disrupting my calm. I mean these ****ers literally haven’t even stopped for breath for the last half an hour. 

And now my train is 10 minutes late so I don’t even have time to grab breakfast.

**** the UK. **** Tuesdays. **** the UK rail network. 

• Like 4

Slightly related to urban's post, people having full blown loud clackly conversations or playing music in the quiet carriage. 

I've noticed this has crept in in the past few years, mainly because there are usually more available seats in the quiet carriage.

Conversations at normal 'inside voice' level is fine but if you want to be loud with pals on a weekender, enjoy it but enjoy it in the normal fvckin carriage. It's not rocket science.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

When all you wanted was a peaceful train journey on a Tuesday morning but East Midlands Trains decided to send 5 carriages instead of 10, so that seat at a table you specifically booked to get an hour of productivity in CANT be reached because you’re forced to stand for the journey.

But then they announce that you can get off at Kettering for a more spacious train, one that I know has only a couple of tables in specific places. So I get off and find a table free, then try to get some work done. And then at Wellingborough, a couple get on the train and sit right next to me, having a full conversation SO LOUD THAT I CAN HEAR THEM THROUGH MY EARPHONES and completely disrupting my calm. I mean these ****ers literally haven’t even stopped for breath for the last half an hour. 

And now my train is 10 minutes late so I don’t even have time to grab breakfast.

**** the UK. **** Tuesdays. **** the UK rail network. 

The worst part about all of that is that you had to get off in Kettering. 

Edited by tom27111

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

“Get off in Kettering” is our slogan. It’s a way of anticipating people calling the town a pile of wank.

Getting off in Kettering had a whole different meaning when I was younger

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Getting off in Kettering had a whole different meaning when I was younger

Tell me you’re not of the short persuasion and ginger. This could be awkward.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

“Grinding gears” would be a bit strong, but journalists and social media have ruined any kind of football announcement.

They’re basically announcing the England squad incrementally. They’ve already ruined transfers.

Yeah, the "big announcement" we knew 95% of the information about beforehand. Problem is that football journalists are the pissiest, most precious bunch of people around who would throw tantrums if they weren't given snippets so it is all ruined.

Agree with the others about noisy passengers. Painful journeys at times listening to their banal shite at high decibel levels.

57 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

“Grinding gears” would be a bit strong, but journalists and social media have ruined any kind of football announcement.

They’re basically announcing the England squad incrementally. They’ve already ruined transfers.

It's worse than showbiz gossip at this stage

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'm not sure if it's a bit strong. This morning I must have had a dozen alerts on my phone regarding who probably was or wasn't in the squad. Just wait until 2pm and announce the squad.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 2

We used to have crack heads come into my local every Saturday until it closed back end of last year, asking people if they needed anything from the shops. Put a little order in with them and they nicked it for you and sold it half price. They'd often walk in with a bag full of stolen meat to try and sell, good place to go if you hadn't sorted out that Sundays roast

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

We used to have crack heads come into my local every Saturday until it closed back end of last year, asking people if they needed anything from the shops. Put a little order in with them and they nicked it for you and sold it half price. They'd often walk in with a bag full of stolen meat to try and sell, good place to go if you hadn't sorted out that Sundays roast

What is your local?

Asking for a friend

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

prime video  having adverts. What the **** am I paying for 

Disney have started doing it too. Their cheapest sub now has adverts. 

People have been paying through the nose for Sky with adverts over the years so I guess they look at that and want a piece of it. 

It'll just push more people to download films/shows and get dodgy Firesticks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Pointless player comparisons I.e. Doak I.e. "The Scottish Rooney". 

Putting players on a pedestal or labelling is wrong and brings unnecessary pressure to them.

Agreed and another reason I massively respect those who get to the top and stay there. Relentless media attention, comparisons and attacks awaiting if you slightly fail. Imagine the iron clad mental strength and resilience they have at such a young age to excel in that environment.

All these bull**** corporate courses about building resilience and overcoming anxiety, just get a footballer to come in and tell you how strong they are and how weak you are, not some nonce who got through his ‘client calling him names and came out the other side to win’ 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Pressed send too quick