Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

46 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Expensive fancy cordless Dyson/Shark vacuum cleaners are rubbish.Give me a good old fashioned Henry any day.

Yeah I have a Dyson and they aren't quite the same. Much less suction overall but the portability factor is good and being able to get into tight corners too. 

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Expensive fancy cordless Dyson/Shark vacuum cleaners are rubbish. Give me a good old fashioned Henry any day.

I agree cordless vacs in general are pretty crap and don't have anywhere near the same suction power as corded ones - bit of a gimmick really.

Tbf to Shark though, we replaced out Dyson upright with a Shark upright (about £200) and the difference is night and day.

The Shark seems about three times as powerful and the suction is incredible. The only downside is that it's fvcking heavy and not quite as manouverable.

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Expensive fancy cordless Dyson/Shark vacuum cleaners are rubbish.Give me a good old fashioned Henry any day.

Moved back to a Henry but they do piss me off . Seem to get caught on something every 5 minutes or topple over . 😅

22 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I don't know how anyone can resist that adorable little face..

Henry Bagged Corded Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - Red 0

• Like 1

This photo, congratulations to the lads and maybe this is a generational thing, but you’ve just won a trophy for your club, and the amount of players with their phones out - put them away and enjoy the moment with your mates.

Its not like no one will have a photo of the day for you.

435CA29D-ECE2-4D35-894B-150BF3088DE3.jpeg

• Like 4

I bought a cheap cordless one from B&M just to do the tiled rooms, absolutely great. As good as a Shark. But wouldn't trust it for the carpets. 

Incidentally, I walked past a bloke using his Dyson on his grass this afternoon. I'm hoping it was artificial stuff but, that's not normal, right?

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This photo, congratulations to the lads and maybe this is a generational thing, but you’ve just won a trophy for your club, and the amount of players with their phones out - put them away and enjoy the moment with your mates.

Its not like no one will have a photo of the day for you.

435CA29D-ECE2-4D35-894B-150BF3088DE3.jpeg

Unfortunately this is the "selfie era" that we live in. People can barely put their phone down. Wouldn't be surprised if some played with phones in their pockets :ph34r:. They have to get the "insta" picture to their profile straight away and wait for the likes and comments to come in, instead of living for the moment.

12 character password requirements with no common words, no repeated characters, and it needs a number and a character.

How TF am I suposed to remember that?

Just inject an identity chip into my arm and have done with it.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

12 character password requirements with no common words, no repeated characters, and it needs a number and a character.

Vacamion123!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I write mine down on a post-it note stuck to my keyboard. 

Help yourself...

image.jpeg.546fae9cad18556f73d758a6d96b6cac.jpeg

Edited by Parafox

6 hours ago, Vacamion said:

vac4m10nFoxy

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The trend in food gaffs/restaurants of naming menu items with some pop culture inflected, smart arse pun. Boils my piss.

So you’re not a fan of the Tailored Swift Fried Chips then ? 

37 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

how many is excessive?...asking for a friend

More than one on each hand. Otherwise you look ridiculous, especially if you are a bloke. 

Thumb rings are the biggest no-no. Put one of those on and you can get in the sea! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The trend in food gaffs/restaurants of naming menu items with some pop culture inflected, smart arse pun. Boils my piss.

This and the trend of prices on menu's that are written without pound signs. I know it's in pounds and pence but it just seems so pretentious.

16 Sneaky Restaurant Menu Tricks That Tempt You To Spend More - LifeHack

Edited by Parafox

Talking of prices: passing our local Tesco and I fancied a Turkish Delight. Not had one in ages and didn't even know if they still made them. Well they do, so picked one up. I only had quid on me so checked the price. The lable on the shelf stated:

Club Card price 80p.

Below that, in small print, it stated £1.37/100g.

The bar weighed 51g

No idea if the 100g price was a 'Clubcard' price however

No idea how much I would be charged as I don't have Club Card. So I threw myself at the mercy of the checkout girl, assuming a pound would be more than enough.

It was. :sweating: