Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-60196496

This guy was known in the alternative music circles around Leicester a fair few years-ago (not in a good way). He always seemed really dodgy, and it turns out he was a sex offender who groomed and raped underage girls. He's due to be sentenced in three weeks time and hopefully is looking at some serious prison time. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Seems so. A person with learning difficulties has essentially had their life robbed from them and the culprit has basically had no punishment whatsoever. Sickening

i read it through and although his father seemed to be a controlling influence, he should be serving a few years at least. A suspended sentence doesn't even come close

32 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If we're talking about that side of the world, then these might qualify too:

Image-2022-01-033.png

O no a confederate flag! MuH NaZis!!:rolleyes:

Most likely glowing ones/agitators akin to what happened on Jan 6 at the US capitol. You know, that incident which was "worse then pearl harbour and 9/11"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

O no a confederate flag! MuH NaZis!!:rolleyes:

Most likely glowing ones/agitators akin to what happened on Jan 6 at the US capitol. You know, that incident which was "worse then pearl harbour and 9/11"

Speaking honestly, I think neither your contribution nor mine really merited inclusion in this thread, but I thought I would be frivolous.

But on the topic of the second paragraph, if what someone is doing attracts people that follow a far right/white supremacist cause (even if it is just all for show, which I doubt), then perhaps that someone might want to stop and consider exactly why it is doing so and perhaps adjust accordingly.

NB. Let's hope the next incident in the style of Jan 6th, if there is one, won't be undertaken by people more competent, because if it is the repercussions could well be worse than either Pearl Harbour or the events of September 11th.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's an absolute shocker and surely has to be appealed on leniency.  That was one of those cases that left me feeling such sadness and revulsion to those involved.  I really hope the poor bloke is being cared for and having a chance to enjoy his life.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

18 hours ago, Zear0 said:

That's an absolute shocker and surely has to be appealed on leniency.  That was one of those cases that left me feeling such sadness and revulsion to those involved.  I really hope the poor bloke is being cared for and having a chance to enjoy his life.

WTAF is the judge on, 1st only 9months then to suspend it for 18mths it’s beyond shocking and seriously needs looking into, especially as I’ve just read about Caroline Flacks former partner has been jailed for 4mths for 1 count of harassment of a GB news presenter he could have got up to 6mths. The 2 punishments are not equal to what the victims went through and I’m boiling inside.

Zear0 Im with you in that I’m not usually emotional but sitting thinking about what he’s been through and missed in his life just stirs something inside me.
I’ve read today that he is coming out of his shell a little and going for walks and watching a lot of football and catching up on previous world cups and knowing that good people are really looking after him now does bring a smile to my face.

If anyone does know of a petition for this to be looked at again please post a link as I’ll certainly sign.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Comedian (former comedian?) Jimmy Carr has apparently out-whoopied Ms Goldberg. They'd probably both learn something by visiting Auschwitz.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60261876

I've been genuinely baffled by this. 

Maybe I'm being simple or naive but I just can't see anything other than quite obvious and deliberate career suicide. What on earth was his angle? 

I think I get it from Netflix point of view, I think they know their platform is solid enough and the controversy is probably good for the attention. 

But for Carr, he's even joked about it being a career ender, no? He's not a thick man, he's going to have understood exactly what he was doing before he went in to it. 

And this isn't some Frankie Boyle style close to the wind or some Ricky Gervais clever commentary on racism. It was just a straight up Bernard Manningesque holocaust joke and not even a clever or funny one, it was the sort of shit you'd expect from a crap fascist Facebook meme. 

It's not a smart enough joke to be a deliberate bait or a deliberate protest against "cancel culture." It's just shit and offensive and most significantly really unfunny and dull. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 13:07, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Surely the victim can take this to a Civil Court for compensation? Loss of earnings and compound interest on 40 years must be over 1m before all the other harms are factored in. This should be costing Swailes a couple of million.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I've been genuinely baffled by this. 

Maybe I'm being simple or naive but I just can't see anything other than quite obvious and deliberate career suicide. What on earth was his angle? 

I think I get it from Netflix point of view, I think they know their platform is solid enough and the controversy is probably good for the attention. 

But for Carr, he's even joked about it being a career ender, no? He's not a thick man, he's going to have understood exactly what he was doing before he went in to it. 

And this isn't some Frankie Boyle style close to the wind or some Ricky Gervais clever commentary on racism. It was just a straight up Bernard Manningesque holocaust joke and not even a clever or funny one, it was the sort of shit you'd expect from a crap fascist Facebook meme. 

It's not a smart enough joke to be a deliberate bait or a deliberate protest against "cancel culture." It's just shit and offensive and most significantly really unfunny and dull. 

Yeah it's very bizarre. One of the most disgusting things I've heard from a comedian and it's baffling not only that he said it but that people were cheering and clapping. About the ****ing holocaust.

Not sure about "clever commentary on racism" from Ricky Gervais. I mean he certainly thinks its clever...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Sadly that part surprises me less. 

It's basically something I heard from literal skinhead neo-nazis in the Balkans - laughing at and celebrating Romani deaths in the holocaust. Quite staggering it can get a round of applause in one of the most PC countries in the world. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Rachel Riley not come out and said anything yet then? The ****.

Given that she has carr’s phone no, why should she be expected to make a public comment ?  If your friend said something disgusting I assume you’d speak to them directly rather than put a post up on FB …….. I saw a lot of posts on Twitter earlier that weren’t making any comment on the awful ‘joke’ (not that it could be considered such) but instead asking why baddiel and Riley hadn’t made a public comment.  I would think that says a lot about those tweeting rather than Riley. (And baddiel had actually referenced it and called it out) 

• Like 1