Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're right, people who hurl abuse and are out of control need more understanding. After all, they're the real victims.

People lash out when they are scared and concerned for their loved ones, and feel they’re not being looked after properly.  As I said done are no doubt awful people, but not all of them.

On 07/12/2021 at 22:59, Bellend Sebastian said:

These w*nkers that sit in their cars, parked up, with the engine running.

If you're cold, get out and walk about you feckless, lazy shits

Should I get arrested for rubbing myself to keep warm whilst sat in my car can I call you to testify in my defence ? 

22 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

People lash out when they are scared and concerned for their loved ones, and feel they’re not being looked after properly.  As I said done are no doubt awful people, but not all of them.

Not all people lash out and it's too easy to use duress as an excuse. I take your point, but I think too many inexcusable behaviours are waved away as 'emotional'. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Again, are these people really categorised  as ‘absolute cvnts’ ??

The term's widely seen as being particularly offensive, but at the same I don't think calling someone one means they're the very worst of folk, even though this thread does generally focus on the extreme examples of unpleasant behaviour.

That said, the bar doesn't have to be set very low to make filming the aftermath of a road traffic accident qualify as absolutely c***y behaviour, does it?  That's pretty grim

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Yes, they are.

Why are they doing it? Show mates? Show family? Post on social media?

There is absolutely be need for it, for all they know people could have died. Would they like it if it was a member of their family who had been involved? Of course not.

Not to mention it was illegal and potentially dangerous as well as immoral.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Driving a motor vehicle while looking down their phones, ironically at the results of a collision incident?  Yeah I'd say so, that kind of driving is playing with other people's lives, not to mention the indecency of the act as described above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Seems to be quite a few of these things happening at the minute. Most common factor seems to be the various failures of social services, a direct result of policy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Certainly a direct result of the huge number of vacancies in social services.  

In which case it could be considered that there may be issues around pay, working conditions and/or training paths, which is tied to policy. 

• Like 3

Yeah, it is quite unsettling that two of these cases have been resolved in the courts so close together. You expect these things to be a terrible, rare incident, not where you have two incidents of the most heinous crimes within a couple of weeks.

Whatever the arguments about social services, it goes to show the kind of thing, and the type of people they protect children from. That work (certainly in my tiny world) goes unnoticed. I just hope improvement comes from this, nationally and locally in the local authority areas where these two cases occurred. Maybe it's the horrendous wake up call needed to ensure these services are properly funded. 

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Another horrible read.

Interesting listening to the 999 call. So calm. I wonder if the operator wonders when people are that calm.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

And why is that? Funding cuts, maybe. Once again the vulnerable are exposed and put at risk as result of funding cuts, not just Tories but Labour too, although the Tories have acted in the worst manner with regards to those in society who have the least and are the most vulnerable. Universal Credit, albeit a different subject to the one being discussed here, is as absolutely as cruel and heartless as it gets. 

www.crisis.org.uk/ending-homelessness/benefits-and-employment/universal-credit/

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Social Services here or there...that is secondary...

its the fact that These low life,even do These things to people/Children in their care & under their natural responsibility..

31 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Social Services here or there...that is secondary...

its the fact that These low life,even do These things to people/Children in their care & under their natural responsibility..

I agree with you but, the fact remains that no matter how "evil" these two were, the wider family and the babysitter recognised that there were things that were concerning and although the police and services were alerted and did indeed take "a look", they then decided there was nothing much of concern. There is a huge question for the services to answer. A lot still comes down to underfunding, overloaded staff and the Gov are willing to side-line Children's Services as non-essential.

• Like 1