Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

What is Ozark? Breaking Bad didn't do it for me, I watched the first season and got bored.

Ozark's about a guy who launders money for a cartel, similar premise to BB but it's a lot faster paced so maybe it's more up your street.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'm not a veteran when it comes to TV series. For years me and the wife just didn't watch TV. Its only the last 6 months where we have sat and watched something. We've only now watched Prison Break, Power and Stranger Things. So maybe if I watch other shows it may drop Power down from a 10/10.

What is Ozark? Breaking Bad didn't do it for me, I watched the first season and got bored.

I know what you mean about Breaking Bad, if it hadn't such a bumming on here I'd have given up after the first episode, you really need to watch 3 or 4 before you're hooked. Ozark isn't in the same league.

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

I haven't seen The Gifted or Inhumans yet.

General feeling seems to be The Gifted is better?

Watched the first episodes of both, carried on with the Gifted, not going back to inhumans. It's pretty much unwatchable. And for me to say that means it must be awful, I generally have pretty easy to please tastes tv show wise, and like all these superhero shows. 

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I know what you mean about Breaking Bad, if it hadn't such a bumming on here I'd have given up after the first episode, you really need to watch 3 or 4 before you're hooked. Ozark isn't in the same league.

I watched up to season 4 and still thought it was boring, definitely not worth the hype for me but lots of people enjoy it so fair play it must be doing something right 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 20:42, FIF said:

I found it so boring. the worst of the 7 so far. Sci-fi series always think they need to do a Groundhog day episode eventually - normally it's when they've been going a while though. Nothing new and for me personally a waste of an episode, added nothing to the series at all. I think they brought the protagonist back far too soon maybe they could have made him a Q type character recurring once a season but this was far too soon and the holes in the plot were gaping.

Whilst I'm enjoying the series (apart from this episode) other things that annoy me are the name "michael" for the main character. It's not actually the name but the way they think it's so clever even getting another character to say how this is the first time they've heard a woman called a man's name. What? This is so far in the future that surely the sexism of names has long since passed, although other sexist actions seem not to have either.

A third annoyance is the redhead. Just everything about her. Shame she wasn't killed in the first episode (yes before we even met her) rather than the Captain who seemed to have a decent character.

finished Tin Star - really enjoyed it - especially the first 8 episodes, nine was too long, 10 was okay for an ending.

Watched the last episode of Inspector George Gently, always sad to see the end of a character and series you've been watching for a decade.

Halfway through Mr. Mercedes - some good acting and a decent show so far.

looking forward to watching Stranger things 2 next week and Peaky Blinders.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

faster paced?!

how slow was Breaking Bad?!

The first two seasons of BB are arduous at times, in Ozark there’s less slow character development and they’re in danger almost immediately 

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

Marina was a right fittie. Shame she's a Spurs fan. She sounds well weird speaking in her normal voice.

Patrick Stewart's a Yorkshire lad and regularly attends Huddersfield Town matches.

He has a great friendship with Ian McKellen. They're both class.

11 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I’m watching Nigella cook stuff.

Really need a wank now.

amazing when she claimed she was in bed one night and dreamt up an inspirational snack, then made a cheese and ham toastie. you didn’t make that up love. 

Guest seanfox778

Just finished season 4 of Mad Men, all I want to do is drink and womanise. I like how there’s so many levels to all the main characters, it’s actually difficult to make the show sound good because nothing too scandalous or explosive happens like your usual shows but the character story arcs and the 1960s setting really pull you in.

9 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The Vietnam War, what a great documentary.

I've watched the first four and its absolutely amazing television.

Ken Burns has done brilliantly with it.

10 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The Vietnam War, what a great documentary.

I missed the first couple of episodes, so will go back to the beginning when I get the chance.  I did watch the rest though & it's fantastic.  I have studied the Vietnam War quite a bit, but this is by far the best documentary on the subject I have seen.  It's pretty graphic in places (e.g. full footage of Gen. Loan executing a Viet Cong soldier), but necessary.  It's a complicated war, but it is well explained & compelling.

A must see for anyone who is remotely interested in this kind of thing.

• Like 1