Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is the City of Leicester a dump?

If the city had a progressive outlook St George’s tower would be levelled and the land used to facilitate the expansion of the train station.

This artwork means it’ll be as an attraction (maybe even listed :thumbdown:) and it’s unlikely to ever be torn down as a result.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Buildings collapsing on Churchgate. :(

Doesn't seem like anyone was caught in it, although that cyclist probably had a close call. 

Don't worry, that's Leicestershire Police's rapid emergency response vehicle.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Buildings collapsing on Churchgate. :(

Doesn't seem like anyone was caught in it, although that cyclist probably had a close call. 

I feel that as a professional I need to add that it was only a partial collapse.

Scary that no one was hurt, it's fortunate it wasn't high street.

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Why does that scare you? 

Because its a city centre street with many people around.

Its now been reported that someone was injured in the collapse but luckily only one. If it had been High Street then I suspect there would have been fatalities.

42 minutes ago, kenny said:

Its now been reported that someone was injured in the collapse but luckily only one. If it had been High Street then I suspect there would have been fatalities.

I understand that. But you said it was "scary that no one was hurt". Not meaning to be pedantic here, but surely you meant to say that it was scary that someone could have been hurt? 

Edited by Line-X

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I understand that. But you said it was "scary that no one was hurt". Not meaning to be pedantic here, but surely you meant to say that it was scary that someone could have been hurt? 

I suppose that is all true.

I'm not sure i'll be bothered to update my post though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kenny said:

If a tree falls in a forest, is there a sound?

Speculation at it's worst.

The "injury" was one man has sustained a head injury. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life changing.”

A bit of brick landing on his head causing a small wound to his scalp potentially needing stitches.

My ex-crewmate attended. Nothing to see here. (Except a bit of sensationalist journalism from our beloved LM).

Edited by Parafox

32 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Surprised that the big fight on Melton Road, from the India v Pakistan cricket game, hasn't been mentioned.

27 were arrested very recently.

It has now :P

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Surprised that the big fight on Melton Road, from the India v Pakistan cricket game, hasn't been mentioned.

Interesting videos on YouTube that look to point to cricket being used as an excuse for the disorder. Whilst those videos must be treated with trepidation, the interviews were interesting with members of the local community.

21 hours ago, Parafox said:

If a tree falls in a forest, is there a sound?

Speculation at it's worst.

The "injury" was one man has sustained a head injury. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life changing.”

A bit of brick landing on his head causing a small wound to his scalp potentially needing stitches.

My ex-crewmate attended. Nothing to see here. (Except a bit of sensationalist journalism from our beloved LM).

Speaking professionally, I feel sorry now for any one involved in that project. They are going to be subject to a variety of HSE investigations and probable litigation for the next few years.

Plenty to see her as far as I'm concerned. That type of collapse is a serious and thankfully rare occurrence.

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I brought it up 'Also in the news' at the time. I guess the fact it's Asians on Asians does not make it too news worthy.

Now if it was Whites and Asians it would be national news/unrest.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

:doh::frusty: perhaps do some reading as to what actually happened. Not all brown people are same religion..... 

I'm fully aware not all brown people have the same imaginary friend, however the tweets of meets coming from Birmingham etc are not peaceful, so I stand by my post. If the police just let them get on with it we would have had many dead tonight.