Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Bolton want Dyer.

The only problem is..

will dyer keep performing the way he is? .. if not the best time to sell him is now.

or take the chance that he will he playing the way he is.

I highly doubt we'd get very much for him anyway (based on age and contract status). He's been key to our season and probably has more to offer in the last 6 months of his contract than any club is going to pay for him, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to sell him.

Give him a two year contract and be done with, just stop with the pissing about.

He deserves a 2 year deal, and everyone wants him to stay.

Bolton can do one.

Why?

If we go up it's a big step he may not be able to make week in week out.

Also the main part of his game is speed that he will start to loose.

The management think he is worth a year we don't know there plans.

So you want him to get 2yrs and end up paying him for 12 months that we don't want him for or is not able to contribute.

NP and his team have spent 18 months trying to get rid of high earners or players surplus to our requirements.

Why would NP want to start the cycle again.

Yes he's been a great player but you can't keep paying him if he is not contributing. 

Why?

If we go up it's a big step he may not be able to make week in week out.

Also the main part of his game is speed that he will start to loose.

The management think he is worth a year we don't know there plans.

So you want him to get 2yrs and end up paying him for 12 months that we don't want him for or is not able to contribute.

NP and his team have spent 18 months trying to get rid of high earners or players surplus to our requirements.

Why would NP want to start the cycle again.

Yes he's been a great player but you can't keep paying him if he is not contributing. 

I wouldn't expect him to play week in week out, but I'd rather keep him than lose him. I believe he could do a decent job in some games if we get promoted. 

He is probably having his best season with us at the minute, at the age of 31 and he has been with us since 2008. 

There would be other players who would be surplus to requirements if we get promoted, I can't see the likes of Hammond getting much game time. There are high earners that deserve to leave, like St Ledger, Whitbread & Waghorn. Dyer I doubt is a high earner, and he is a player who could still offer something, unlike the three I just mentioned.

He of all players deserves a shot in the Premiership, and if we end up not agreeing terms, and he moves elsewhere, I'd be seriously gutted for him.

Lloydy has a year or two left in him I think. I can't imagine him demanding silly wages although his performances this season would give him more ammo. It wouldn't be silly to give him an extra year, he wouldn't start but surely be a useful squad player if we were to get promoted.

Reading the bolton forums, its so funny to see that they dont rate him. Think hes shit and they would be worried if they signed him lol

This is from a team who are lying 18th in the table and are facing a relegation battle but wouldnt take a winger playing for top of the league. What a clueless bunch. Clearly missed the game when dyer tore baptiste a new arsehole

To be fair after having such effective players like like Beckford, Danns and Mills off us I can see why they wouldn't want someone like Dyer at their club. There'd be the danger he might actually do something.

I think Gallagher or St Ledger would be a bit more up their street. Perfect for consolidating that 18th place their in. 

Bolton have just sold Ngog to Swansea so maybe they've got some cash to spend. Ngog obvs completely different to Dyer though, and like most of the posts above, I really don't see why he would want to go.

One year contract extension at Leicester best for all parties.

I wouldn't expect him to play week in week out, but I'd rather keep him than lose him. I believe he could do a decent job in some games if we get promoted. 

He is probably having his best season with us at the minute, at the age of 31 and he has been with us since 2008. 

There would be other players who would be surplus to requirements if we get promoted, I can't see the likes of Hammond getting much game time. There are high earners that deserve to leave, like St Ledger, Whitbread & Waghorn. Dyer I doubt is a high earner, and he is a player who could still offer something, unlike the three I just mentioned.

He of all players deserves a shot in the Premiership, and if we end up not agreeing terms, and he moves elsewhere, I'd be seriously gutted for him.

Agreed and the management are offering that.

They feel a 1yr contract is enough they are not saying they won't offer another year at the end of it(as far as we know).

It is upto him if he walks.

I would rather he stayed too but I am not being blinded by loyalty.

I trust in NP and his team on this matter to do the best for the club as they have since returning.

If they feel a year is all they can offer then thats it.

The other players you mention will be lucky to be even spoken too other than thank you and good bye.

Archived