Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea FC star N’Golo Kante opens up about life in London
N'Golo Kante admits that he is feeling completely settled in London with Chelsea FC
The Sport Review staffBy The Sport Review staff
Monday 28 May 2018, 09:45 UK
 @thesportreview
N'Golo Kante

N’Golo Kante has admitted that he is feeling very settled in London following his switch to Chelsea FC from Leicester City.
The France international is widely considered to be one of the finest holding midfielders in world football and has earned huge amounts of praise for his performances for Chelsea FC and Leicester City.

Kante helped Chelsea FC to win the Premier League last season under Antonio Conte, a year after helping Leicester City to claim their famous title triumph in 2015-16.

The midfielder played a part in Chelsea FC ending this season on a high despite their fifth placed finish in the Premier League.

Kante helped to fire Chelsea FC to a 1-0 win over Manchester United in the FA Cup final last weekend as the Blues ended the campaign on a positive note.

And the midfielder has admitted that he feels settled in London and revealed that his friends and family often come over to visit him from Paris.

Speaking to Chelsea FC’s website, Kante said: “They [friends and family] come over often from Paris.

“When they visit they want to see the tourist sites in London. It’s a good city, a big city. There are lots of things to do.

“For me London will always be different because Paris is home, I was born there, I’m from there, I can speak French there. But they are both great capitals where you can find everything you need.”

Kante will be hoping to help Chelsea FC get back on track and launch a genuine Premier League title challenge next season.

However, it remains to be seen whether Conte will remain in charge at the west London club beyond this summer.

Met Chris Wood and his missus in NYC this weekend-- they came down to watch Saturday's finals where we get together for Leicester games. Really down-to-earth and fun people. His missus, Kirsty, is a huge Leicester fan and not too bad of a footballer herself!

18 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I work at William Hill in Kings Lynn and I Just got a call from my manager to ask if I know who Steve Claridge is because he’s self excluded from our shops but he just tried to bet with us. Sad if he’s struggling with his gambling

Very sad and personal news, not sure in your position, you should be sharing this personal news.

Next time someone takes the huge step of admitting they have a problem and taking steps to solve the problem, maybe you could respect their privacy.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Very sad and personal news, not sure in your position, you should be sharing this personal news.

Next time someone takes the huge step of admitting they have a problem and taking steps to solve the problem, maybe you could respect their privacy.

Yeah you’re right, didn’t think about it like that. Just made me sad for him

Delete for me if you will mods please

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Sad if that's true regarding him.

Always perceived him as one of the better pundits around, although my viewpoint is from a few Sky Sports Championship live coverage games in the past and seeing him on Channel 5's Championship etc goals programme from the past few years.

Regarding betting/gambling, I believe that it's eating into the game too much profit-wise and is affecting the integrity of the game.

It's becoming quite boring seeing various betting advertisements involving the game.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 29/05/2018 at 18:19, The_77 said:

Met Chris Wood and his missus in NYC this weekend-- they came down to watch Saturday's finals where we get together for Leicester games. Really down-to-earth and fun people. His missus, Kirsty, is a huge Leicester fan and not too bad of a footballer herself!

Tbf you'd expect that from Nige's daughter 

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/05/andrej-kramaric-croatia-hero-principles-dinamo-zagreb-zdravko-mamic-world-cup

Interesting interview with Kramaric. Poignant quote here:

Kramaric did not succeed in England. After Leicester had won their relegation battle, he barely featured and was loaned to Hoffenheim in winter 2016, missing the Foxes’ title win. “The other lads took their chances and I had to take the hard road,” he said. “Again.”

He always looked like he had potential, but he joined the club at the wrong time really.  

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

saw 'Marshy' at golf today still looking reasonably fit and well.Big unit must have been a right handful for defenders.

Straight-talking as well, and says it as it is-type person.

Bet FHGC's owners (Lakki etc) are glad that the training ground situation is finished for them now, and not lost any members due to it.

13 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Straight-talking as well, and says it as it is-type person.

Bet FHGC's owners (Lakki etc) are glad that the training ground situation is finished for them now, and not lost any members due to it.

Has crossed the line from that to just daft stuff recently on twitter.

I only said reasonably fit and well- surprised me to be honest.

Whmy load of members left ,there is always a churn from year to year but they lost a load for sure.Brave face but probably eaten into any fees received from LCFC

I know quite a few personally who moved but around 150 less based on the numbers holding a handicap was the number  I was given just yesterday.

Place is fairly busy though and a good summer will help.Im back so that's 1