Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Matty Fryatt was on co-commentary duty for Radio Leicester today...looks like he's packed it in which at 31 is a shame.

Will never forget the hattrick he scored on my birthday, was one of if not my favourite player. Steve Howard somewhere close ?

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Thanks 1

Drinkwater made hisChelsea debut tonight and words from theBBC:

Danny Drinkwater, a £35m signing from Leicester, is some impressive back-up to call upon and the England international delivered a typically assured performance on his debut for the club.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Funny that from the Beeb. I watched the stream and, apart from a few nicely sprayed balls, I thought Drinky was a total passenger on his debut tonight, had progressively less influence and was subbed off on the hour with Everton beginning to knock on the door and turning the screw in midfield. His replacement in Fabregas turned it back around and assisted Chelsea's second with what ended up being a vital assist given Everton got a goal at the death.

Still not convinced he's anywhere near their first 18.

Danny Drinkwater says the wait for his Chelsea debut was "killing" him after finally making his first appearance for the club in Wednesday's 2-1 Carabao Cup victory over Everton.

Drinkwater moved to Stamford Bridge in a £35 million deal from Leicester on deadline day, but was forced to spend his first two months watching on from the sidelines due to a calf injury.

The midfielder eventually resumed full training towards the end of last week and was given his maiden outing in a Chelsea shirt in the win against Everton.

"I don't think [the last few months] could have gone any worse," Drinkwater told Chelsea TV after the game, which was won thanks to goals from Antonio Rudiger and Willian. "I have been trying to take the positives out of it. My calf feels good now but I was massively frustrated. The waiting game was killing me.

"It's been good to watch the team and it's helped me to settle in as well. It's given me a feel for how they actually play. But the sooner I can get more involved now, the better for me."

Drinkwater, who lasted 62 minutes before being replaced by Cesc Fabregas on Wednesday night, caught the eye with his tidy passing and switches of play.

Antonio Conte was pleased with the former Manchester United man's performance, although the Chelsea manager says he can play even better.

"I think he has a lot of room for improvement," Conte said. "I preferred to give him the opportunity to play from the start because he needs to play, to find the right tempo and rhythm of the game.

"I knew I could risk something by playing him, but I think it was very positive for him to start the game and to know that now I can count on him for part of the next games.

"We will have three games before the international break and to see him fit 100 percent may be after the international break. I can count on him in games now. If I decide to play with three midfielders, it's very important."

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/3245166/danny-drinkwater-waiting-to-make-debut-for-chelsea-was-killing-me

18 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Danny Drinkwater says the wait for his Chelsea debut was "killing" him after finally making his first appearance for the club in Wednesday's 2-1 Carabao Cup victory over Everton.

Drinkwater moved to Stamford Bridge in a £35 million deal from Leicester on deadline day, but was forced to spend his first two months watching on from the sidelines due to a calf injury.

The midfielder eventually resumed full training towards the end of last week and was given his maiden outing in a Chelsea shirt in the win against Everton.

"I don't think [the last few months] could have gone any worse," Drinkwater told Chelsea TV after the game, which was won thanks to goals from Antonio Rudiger and Willian. "I have been trying to take the positives out of it. My calf feels good now but I was massively frustrated. The waiting game was killing me.

"It's been good to watch the team and it's helped me to settle in as well. It's given me a feel for how they actually play. But the sooner I can get more involved now, the better for me."

Drinkwater, who lasted 62 minutes before being replaced by Cesc Fabregas on Wednesday night, caught the eye with his tidy passing and switches of play.

Antonio Conte was pleased with the former Manchester United man's performance, although the Chelsea manager says he can play even better.

"I think he has a lot of room for improvement," Conte said. "I preferred to give him the opportunity to play from the start because he needs to play, to find the right tempo and rhythm of the game.

"I knew I could risk something by playing him, but I think it was very positive for him to start the game and to know that now I can count on him for part of the next games.

"We will have three games before the international break and to see him fit 100 percent may be after the international break. I can count on him in games now. If I decide to play with three midfielders, it's very important."

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/3245166/danny-drinkwater-waiting-to-make-debut-for-chelsea-was-killing-me

I think we cashed in at the right time. If Conte goes next summer (highly likely) I believe he will be being sold 20-25m back to mid table. I think we got the best out of him. I expect he will get injured again as major question marks over fitness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think we cashed in at the right time. If Conte goes next summer (highly likely) I believe he will be being sold 20-25m back to mid table. I think we got the best out of him. I expect he will get injured again as major question marks over fitness.

Everton or Burnley?

On 21/10/2017 at 17:25, Tuna said:

Matty Fryatt was on co-commentary duty for Radio Leicester today...looks like he's packed it in which at 31 is a shame.

He told the BBC that he still have hopes and patience, once his rehabiliation finishes, to return to playing football again, but is currently without a club.

He'd be good for Burton in particular imo, experienced striker at Championship/League One level and won't require much of a fee at all to acquire him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

14 minutes ago, Drift said:

I'm predicting that Drinkwater will start no more than half a dozen league games for Chelsea this season. Great move from a money perspective for both us and him but career-wise he's took a step too far.

If fully fit he will start more than half a dozen games.......I think he is under estimated in talent and will learn a lot at Chelsea where I believe he will develop even more. His personal drive is massive and he will definitely push to get back in the England team too......

Sad that a lot of our fans never really appreciated his talent and he will be the first of a number who move on over the next 12 months which will only lead to show how talented the Champions squad was - no bitterness from me Danny was a great servant who sadly realised we could not match the draw of Chelsea. IF he was to fail I would dearly love to see him come back to us but I think it unlikely he will fail!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

His career has really gone down the pan...

It's only until January, he had a years worth of not playing through a knee injury, at the age of 32 and probable fitness issues I guess he's fortunate to get in any side, I wish the lad well.