Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Waslewski

He's done very well this season but I think the lack of red cards says more about the refereeing than the way he plays. So much easier to see the little look before the arm/elbow comes out from up in the stands and at WHL on Saturday he looked, slowed down to wait for Soldado to arrive then knew exactly where his arm needed to be to connect. Should have walked in my opinion.

I'll give you a scenario. We're 1-2 up away at old Trafford next week with just 5 minutes to go. We've made all of our substitutions. Rooney has been a complete menace all day and run was and Wes ragid but been unlucky not to score. Suddenly Rooney is picked out by a great ball from Blind and wasyl in his infinite wisdom swings an arm in to Rooneys face and gets a straight red as he is the last man. The subsequent free kick is then converted, 2-2. Two minutes to go and Rvp makes it 3-2 despite the best efforts of our lads, being down to 10 has cost us a huge 3 points. Yes it would have been a bonus game but once you're 5 minutes from victory its sickening to end up losing and it's all down to another stupid elbow from wasyl. You know it could definitely happen. I suppose you'll say the fact that we were in it to win it was down to wasyl in the first place..

WTF is this? This is a football forum  not jackanory

Pretty much this - he's got no history of costing teams with his admittedly agricultural play. He's a solid and reliable defender, first name down in the defence for me.

At some point he will cost us, that's just the nature of football. All players make mistakes, whether it's a defensive error or getting sent off. People will jump on his back no doubt when it does happen, but they need to look at the bigger picture.

He's done very well this season but I think the lack of red cards says more about the refereeing than the way he plays. So much easier to see the little look before the arm/elbow comes out from up in the stands and at WHL on Saturday he looked, slowed down to wait for Soldado to arrive then knew exactly where his arm needed to be to connect. Should have walked in my opinion.

Be fair. You have to admire the courage of a ref who gives Was any kind of card: the look he gave that ref when he picked up the yellow against Stoke was a picture. When he upended their goalkeeper, the ref must have thought "that's a second yellow", then saw Was loping towards him and thought "sod that for a game of soldiers."

At some point he will cost us, that's just the nature of football. All players make mistakes, whether it's a defensive error or getting sent off. People will jump on his back no doubt when it does happen, but they need to look at the bigger picture.

Of course he will - but after a season and a half of solid, reliable performances, one mistake is fine: Liam Moore and Wes Morgan made more mistakes in 4 days last month than was has in 18 months.

My brother is a wasyl fan, been having this debate with him for a year or so now.

So having been proven wrong over the last year in this debate with your brother you start a thread on here to be proven wrong to a wider audience?

Seems reasonable.

If you can't see Was is our best defender this season you really need to start watching the games properly.

It shows when we have had the most clean sheets when he has played in defence this season, we even had a clean sheet after he came on, on Saturday when you think about it.

Our defence has been so much better since he came in, even Kompany gets red cards and he's suposed to be the best defender in the league

I get what a lot of you are saying about him not getting sent off often. But some of that must be luck. Luck runs out, that's all I'm saying. My brother is a wasyl fan, been having this debate with him for a year or so now. He divides opinions although I think the majority want him to play.

A year long debate, and your point has only been discredited in this year. Surely you could realise you may have had an incorrect opinion over such a long time period.

I'll give you a scenario. We're 1-2 up away at old Trafford next week with just 5 minutes to go. We've made all of our substitutions. Rooney has been a complete menace all day and run was and Wes ragid but been unlucky not to score. Suddenly Rooney is picked out by a great ball from Blind and wasyl in his infinite wisdom swings an arm in to Rooneys face and gets a straight red as he is the last man. The subsequent free kick is then converted, 2-2. Two minutes to go and Rvp makes it 3-2 despite the best efforts of our lads, being down to 10 has cost us a huge 3 points. Yes it would have been a bonus game but once you're 5 minutes from victory its sickening to end up losing and it's all down to another stupid elbow from wasyl. You know it could definitely happen. I suppose you'll say the fact that we were in it to win it was down to wasyl in the first place..

Haha. That may well happen. But it could happen with any player. What is more likely to happen we will play ok and give away a silly goal rather than Was being sent off. 

Whatever you say we are more solid with Wasyl in our back 4 than with moore in it. I'd say the intention was for neither Moore or Wasyl to be the main start but it was to be Upson, but it didn't pan out that way.

hey how about scenario 2. we defend quite well next week cos wasyl is playing. the end. 

How many elbows has Wasyl even thrown while here? The only ones that i can remember was on Vaughan and Kermorgant last season and Berahino charging face first into an outstretched arm.

he nailed antonio the game we got promoted. bloke nearly died. it was great. whoever played up front for bolton when we won the league probably won't ever look forward to playing vs wasyl again, either. 

If he does then he's slightly caught up the other defenders in terms of how often they've cost us.

He's been our best defender this season for me.

Archived