Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Andy King Signs New Contract

I can't imagine supporters of any other club showing so much love and affection for a player who's not even close to being guaranteed a first team starting place. Incredible really....

Never having a bad word to say about him.

Scores goals. Never complains. Would love to see him finish his career here. Even if it's with a league 2 title to complete the set.

Testimonial v cov. 93-nil.

I'm glad because he's stuck around even though he doesn't play as much as others, and for nearly 10 years too. Does a good enough job when he plays. Not sure if he will make the bench much next season but I'm sure he will push for his spot there.

Just a thought...

Would he have enough of a motor, to do a Kante style of performance.....

In his better games for us, hes covered a hell of alot of ground a n d done the kilometers.

Doubt he could do it , week in week out, but is it worth the thought....???

33 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just a thought...

Would he have enough of a motor, to do a Kante style of performance.....

In his better games for us, hes covered a hell of alot of ground a n d done the kilometers.

Doubt he could do it , week in week out, but is it worth the thought....???

He does a very good defensive job in midfield, but differently to Kante, he doesn't kante's energy or intensity but what he does is cover the back of his midfield partners and his positioning is very good which means he marks areas out of the game forcing opposition to play sideways and backwards. I think that is why some complain he goes missing.

I used to have to listen to some old boy ranting that danns should be in the team ahead of him because he runs around more making tackles, I would keep pointing out that danns was a headless chicken continuously out of position which meant he had to play like that. Where's danns now?

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Not sure if he will make the bench much next season but I'm sure he will push for his spot there.

Don't think I agree with that - always need cover for midfield, you always know you're going to get a good performance from King and more of a goal threat than our other central midfielders. He'll probably feature more this season as we have Champions League on top of the other comps, and there's no telling if Mendy will hit the ground running

Archived