Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

We have our fair share of idiots on here but not one of them is even embarrassed by that thread. At least if somebody posted a thread like that on here you'd get quite a few people telling them it's cringeworthy.

Right up there with the 'mauled by the tiger's video for me

• Like 1

I genuinely think some of them believe it rivals United v Bayern or Liverpool v AC etc in terms of great footballing moments. Yes it was the play offs, but in the grand scheme of things our identical incident v Burnley could turn out to be a damn sight more important.

I don't particularly dislike them, though I'm not fond at all, I just find the whole thing bizarre. Felt like s**t walking back to the car after the game, but from Boro away onwards It didn't even enter my mind. Be interesting to see how Deeney and co cope next season anyway. 

I genuinely think some of them believe it rivals United v Bayern or Liverpool v AC etc in terms of great footballing moments. Yes it was the play offs, but in the grand scheme of things our identical incident v Burnley could turn out to be a damn sight more important.

I don't particularly dislike them, though I'm not fond at all, I just find the whole thing bizarre. Felt like s**t walking back to the car after the game, but from Boro away onwards It didn't even enter my mind. Be interesting to see how Deeney and co cope next season anyway.

Be funny if we sign Deeney and he scores against them next season

I just wish one of them would have identified the obvious which is that incident turned out to be far more beneficial to us than it did them. Pearson spoke of how the players came back from the summer break with far much more hunger as a result if it.

They didn't even turn up for the play-off final

Edited by foxfanazer

I'ts not as well known but a lot of neutrals seem to put it up there as one of the most mental finishes to a match ever.

It's easy to be bitter like this but looking back it's still nuts, can't imagine how it must have felt for them. I was just standing in the pub shellshocked. DEEEEEEEEEENEY still makes me twitch to this day.

I'ts not as well known but a lot of neutrals seem to put it up there as one of the most mental finishes to a match ever.

It's easy to be bitter like this but looking back it's still nuts, can't imagine how it must have felt for them. I was just standing in the pub shellshocked. DEEEEEEEEEENEY still makes me twitch to this day.

I know a lot of non-city fans who rate it highly, up there with Agueroooo etc as a classic finish to a match

Most of them jumping for joy, because of Knockaert's awful dive, makes them think we got what we deserved, nothing!

Love how they have taken it upon themselves to create new rivalries. Not that most are decided historically, geographically or just generally anything more important than a play-off semi final match that neither team ultimately got promoted from. 

It's such a weird thing ro do though, it'd be like us celebrating hume day in mid april because he scored a late winner against Barnsley. We went down so that goal really meant nothing, just like deeneys goal meant nothing

What have they got against our Lloyd? :(

Oh and I bet those cockney wankers will make an absolute fortune selling those half scarves outside Vicarage Road, next season. All of their fans seem like the kind of twats who would just eat that shit up.

Seen watfords movement supporters group on Twitter saying "we don't need those tinpot play-offs this year" bit rich considering their only history is from a game in the play-offs, they will always be irrelevant and couldn't care less about them other than getting the 6 points next year should we stay up

Do we even really need a rivalry? Just adds pressure to an all ready demanding Premier League campaign (fingers crossed, please!) - we all know how pressure can and does impact upon us sometimes. Just look back to the Sven era and all that was expected of us then. 

No rivalries, please. I'd be happy to be the club that everyone doesn't really mind, or even likes. Much like Blackpool were in 2010-2011, albeit a more successful version.

After seeing how we have struggled to come to terms with the premier league,  how qpr and burnley have really struggled, and then considering how all three teams were miles ahead of everyone else last year, i think both bournemouth and watford are nailed on for the bottom two. 

I was just thinking the same, and depending on who wins the "tinpot" playoffs could potentially be a full house at the bottom!

Anyone think Direby's record is going to be beaten!

Edited by Jacnah

i dont know why the Watford fans have that Deeney Day thing...kinda feels like its glorifying failure to me....could understand if they went on & won the final but they lost...

as someone else said it would be like us naming the 21st September Cambiasso day as he scored the the 3rd against Utd at home.  :rolleyes:

if we did that lark we could just label every single game  :blink:

To be fair we would talk about it being a great moment. But the hash tag and all the hype around it is bizarre. 

We scored a last minute winner against our main rivals and we don't talk about it much at all. Just now and again as a great moment.

To be fair we would talk about it being a great moment. But the hash tag and all the hype around it is bizarre. 

We scored a last minute winner against our main rivals and we don't talk about it much at all. Just now and again as a great moment.

Fair point. We score that, on the same day Doncaster score a last minute winner on the counter from a penalty by Brentford. Both get an 'On This Day' from the club and nothing else. Deeney scores a last minute winner and gets a national holiday in Watford.

• Like 1